The Student Room Group

Would they still accept me?

I was just wondering, if I fell short of my firm choice's offer (in UCAS points) by 10 or maybe 20 points, would it still be possbile for me to get into that university?

I feel like I'm just going to miss the required UCAS points that all. :s-smilie:
It's possible but don't count on it happening.
Reply 2
It depends on the university, if the university has clearing places for your course then they may well let you attend it, but if they are oversubscribed then you will have next to no chance (as the university gets fined for every student that they accept more than their quota, allocated by the Gov.)
Reply 3
Original post by Beady
I was just wondering, if I fell short of my firm choice's offer (in UCAS points) by 10 or maybe 20 points, would it still be possbile for me to get into that university?

I feel like I'm just going to miss the required UCAS points that all. :s-smilie:

It depends entirely on the policy of the university; some will and some won't. Your place would go into clearing (unless you get priority remarks for exams, then your place would go into clearing after you get those results back if you still don't meet the offer). Somebody else in clearing might have better grades than you, and then take your place. You'd have to be very quick about ringing up the university when you got your results, and try to explain why you think you didn't meet the offer, and ask if they would still accept you. Higher ranked universities will most probably say no, as they want the students with the best grades that meet what they expect
(edited 12 years ago)
Depends on where you are applying to in all honesty.
Reply 5
Ok thanks everyone, and I'm hoping to go to Lincoln if that makes any difference? Probably not but oh well :tongue: Better get working to make sure I get enough. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending