The Student Room Group

maintenance loan and pre settled shceme

Hi guys,
I hope you are doing well. I have a few questions because this system is driving me crazy.
I have a pre-settled scheme, work zero hours, and apply for a student maintenance loan; now's where it gets complicated.
As a zero-hours student, how much money do I need to make to be eligible for a maintenance loan? I have filled out a maintenance loan form, and they asked me for the payslips from the last six months. Can anyone help me understand my situation? I'm curious if I'm eligible for the maintenance loan and under what circumstances.

kind regards yasmin
Original post by yasmin almeida
Hi guys,
I hope you are doing well. I have a few questions because this system is driving me crazy.
I have a pre-settled scheme, work zero hours, and apply for a student maintenance loan; now's where it gets complicated.
As a zero-hours student, how much money do I need to make to be eligible for a maintenance loan? I have filled out a maintenance loan form, and they asked me for the payslips from the last six months. Can anyone help me understand my situation? I'm curious if I'm eligible for the maintenance loan and under what circumstances.
kind regards yasmin
Hi Yasmin,

If you have Pre Settled Status you would need to apply as a Migrant Worker to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan support. This is where we would look for employment evidence to make sure you're working at an acceptable level in the UK. We would require your payslips and Contract of employment (0 hour contracts are acceptable). If you are not working to an acceptable level then unfortunately you would not be eligible for the Maintenance Loan support but could still qualify for a Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Ross
I'm working once a week, and earn around 250£ -315£ per week as a zero hours student. would that be enough ?
Thanks,
Yasmin
I'm working once a week, and earn around 250£ -315£ per week as a zero hours student. would that be enough ?
Thanks,
Yasmin
sorry i meant per month x
Just to confirm, the figures are monthly pay?

Thanks, Ross
Hi Yasmin,

You would need to apply and the team would review this and confirm if they think this is an acceptable level or not. It's got to be enough that you can support yourself from it i.e. rent/mortgage, food, bills etc.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending