The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Accepted on Partners but awaiting offer

Has anyone been accepted on Partners but was then rejected? I have received acceptance on Partners but it says this is not guarantee of an offer….what would be the point of the Partners acceptance without a place?
Reply 1
Being accepted onto partners just means you’ll be eligible for a lower offer. But as you said that doesn’t guarantee a place as your predicted grades still may not be enough or there may not be enough places etc
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Has anyone been accepted on Partners but was then rejected? I have received acceptance on Partners but it says this is not guarantee of an offer….what would be the point of the Partners acceptance without a place?

Hi,

If you are eligible for PARTNERS and you meet the essential criteria, then we will be able to accept you to the Programme. There is no limit to the number of students that we can accept to PARTNERS and the process of being accepted to PARTNERS is not competitive.

The decision to give the offer to study at the university is made by the admissions department upon review of your UCAS application. If you were made an offer, it would recognise you as PARTNERS applicant.

I hope this helps 😊
Lydia
i’m also waiting on an offer after a partners acceptance- annoying because i applied on the 24th of nov and received all four of my other offers by the 10th of dec, but still nothing from newcastle (my top choice too)
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
i’m also waiting on an offer after a partners acceptance- annoying because i applied on the 24th of nov and received all four of my other offers by the 10th of dec, but still nothing from newcastle (my top choice too)

yh i think it depends on the course i guess. also perhaps they are waiting for applications to be submitted?
Original post by emm4nuella
yh i think it depends on the course i guess. also perhaps they are waiting for applications to be submitted?

I got an offer a couple days ago! You just have to be patient I guess haha
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
I got an offer a couple days ago! You just have to be patient I guess haha

well done :biggrin:!
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hey, I’m also in the same situation abit confused x
Reply 8
Original post by leylabegum123
Hey, I’m also in the same situation abit confused x

Seems like it’s two different systems. Maybe offers will come out after the application deadline.
Yep they are two different systems. Like me, I have received a PARTNERS offer but am still waiting on an actual course offer! Wishing everyone the best of luck with their application :smile:
Reply 10
How can I check if my school referee has validated my application yet and does this need doing by end of Jan.
I received email from Newcastle to say he's not done it. I have asked him but unsure if done.
Original post by deereay
How can I check if my school referee has validated my application yet and does this need doing by end of Jan.
I received email from Newcastle to say he's not done it. I have asked him but unsure if done.

Hi @deereay

I would suggest contacting us directly to check this.

You can contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1 between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday, by using the Live Chat service on our website, or by using our Enquiry Form.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending