The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kenny's support of Suarez was the final straw for me. You can see from the strain on his face that he is on the verge of cracking under the pressure (again). I only hope he goes out with a glory, rather than a whimper.

Bring on Capello.
In semi-relevant but amusing news, West Ham chairman David Gold says they tried to get Torres on loan in January.

:giggle:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2883
Anything for a little attention
Reply 2884
Fernando Torres should possibly have went there tbh. At least get his form back up and scoring goals again.
Reply 2885
Original post by mr tim
Fernando Torres should possibly have went there tbh. At least get his form back up and scoring goals again.

He would have been a Kevin Davies style outlet for Big Sams big brand of football. Would have completely destroyed him and he would have been booted worse than he ever was in every game. He needs to go to Italy were he can wander about aimlessley scoring 15 goals and being hailed as a genius.
Reply 2887
It is an interesting article but even without the benefit of hindsight the purchases of Carroll and Downing seemed to completely go against the thought process behind a lot of the theory.
Original post by Mess.
It is an interesting article but even without the benefit of hindsight the purchases of Carroll and Downing seemed to completely go against the thought process behind a lot of the theory.

I took it as, what we should be trying to do and not look at our moronic attempts at transfers.

I'm hoping now that we have a squad that is decent, we can add to it by taking our time and picking the right players for the right fee.

Should only be buying 4 first team players in the summer imo anyway (+ any future youngsters).
How confident are you guys about a top 4 finish?

For us it looks quite bleak.
What game has been re-arranged for the FA cup game against Stoke?

Tbh still a shot for 4th but I'm not getting over-excited about it. If we're still within touching distance with 3 games to go, I'll think about it more.
Got my email today, ticket being delivered tomorrow, happy days!
Reply 2892
Original post by Zerforax
What game has been re-arranged for the FA cup game against Stoke?

Tbh still a shot for 4th but I'm not getting over-excited about it. If we're still within touching distance with 3 games to go, I'll think about it more.

QPR I believe.
Original post by mr tim
QPR I believe.

Thanks. Hmm so we've got QPR and Everton to be re-scheduled now.
Reply 2894
Thanks. Hmm so we've got QPR and Everton to be re-scheduled now.

Will possibly be during midweek. If we get through to the final then we also got Fulham [Semi-final] and Chelsea [final] also will be re-arranged.
Original post by mr tim
Will possibly be during midweek. If we get through to the final then we also got Fulham [Semi-final] and Chelsea [final] also will be re-arranged.

Unless we play Chelsea in the final :awesome:

How awesomesauce would it be if Chelsea and Spurs got knocked out in their replays :teeth:
Reply 2896
Original post by antonfigo
How confident are you guys about a top 4 finish?

For us it looks quite bleak.

I'm confident, but it'll require a run of form similar to what we saw 12 months ago for it to happen.
Original post by mr tim

I thought they'd moved the final to its own weekend now?
Reply 2898
Unless we play Chelsea in the final :awesome:

How awesomesauce would it be if Chelsea and Spurs got knocked out in their replays :teeth:

Hopefully will happen, will make our job easier if we beat Stoke of course.

I am guessing maybe our game with Everton will be rescheduled in March sometime - maybe on that week or the next?
Original post by L18
I'm confident, but it'll require a run of form similar to what we saw 12 months ago for it to happen.

Agreed. We've still got to play Arsenal and Chelsea at home and Newcastle away but it'll need a massive step up in our home form to do it. I'm slightly confident, but if we win this weekend I think it'll push us on.

Being back in Europe will just be great though. If we get the Europa League then we can use it to blood in the youngsters a little bit more but if we get the European Cup we'll be able to attract better quality signings.

Latest