Haha, it's going to take some getting used to :K:
Reply 901
Original post by Siân.
Haha, it's going to take some getting used to :K:

It will...kind of like when I started posting on RAWK :p:
Reply 902
Original post by Siân.
To put it bluntly, no.

I desperately want the lad to succeed here, I'm sure we all do, and when he signed for us and was getting stick from some of our own when he'd barely kicked a ball I was always among the first to defend him. But as time passes I'm just really struggling to see how it's ever going to work out.

I get the slight impression that he doesn't even really want to be here himself, to be honest. I don't know about Newcastle taking him back, but frankly, unless things change drastically in the second half of the season then I can see him being moved on in the summer. It's a shame, because I do think he's got potential and he may well go on to realise that potential at another club, but at the end of the day I think we're just going to have to swallow our pride and accept that we made a massive, massive mistake.

Hello new poster :h: Hope to see you around for a while :yy: Think you might be the first female Liverpool supporter I have seen post in the football forum :beard:

I do agree with your points about Andy Carroll. I don't know what is wrong with him, he comes across as incredibly dim when he is on the pitch as well as horrifically weak and easy to push over.

He will probably go for around the £10m mark to someone like Aston Villa :sigh:
Original post by kuks
:hi:

Hope you like it here...the mods aren't as strict :biggrin:

In what way are they strict :beard: Whenever I have gone in to there it just seems like a massive ****athon with criticism not allowed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 903
Original post by Mess.

In what way are they strict :beard: Whenever I have gone in to their it just seems like a massive ****athon with criticism not allowed.

TBH I don't even go on the main board anymore...some of the posters make me worry about the general level of education in this country.
Reply 904
Original post by Siân.
To put it bluntly, no.

I desperately want the lad to succeed here, I'm sure we all do, and when he signed for us and was getting stick from some of our own when he'd barely kicked a ball I was always among the first to defend him. But as time passes I'm just really struggling to see how it's ever going to work out.

I get the slight impression that he doesn't even really want to be here himself, to be honest. I don't know about Newcastle taking him back, but frankly, unless things change drastically in the second half of the season then I can see him being moved on in the summer. It's a shame, because I do think he's got potential and he may well go on to realise that potential at another club, but at the end of the day I think we're just going to have to swallow our pride and accept that we made a massive, massive mistake.

Whenever he gets the ball, there's always that sharp intake of breath from every Liverpool fan watching him, the pressure is immense and he knows his every move is being scrutinised. It's obvious he just can't cope with that kind of pressure tbh, and until he does something positive consistently (score) that pressure will remain. His confidence is in complete tatters and it's not bringing out his natural game. It's a real downwards spiral which is so hard to get out of, Torres is in the same situation at Chelsea.

Ultimately imo, it's a question of when and not if with Carroll. Sooner or later he'll find form, he's got it in him like we saw at Newcastle. I'm just not sure if it'll be at LFC, for various reasons.
Reply 905
Original post by Mess.
Hello new poster :h: Hope to see you around for a while :yy: Think you might be the first female Liverpool supporter I have seen post in the football forum :beard:

I do agree with your points about Andy Carroll. I don't know what is wrong with him, he comes across as incredibly dim when he is on the pitch as well as horrifically weak and easy to push over.

Hello :hello:

I honestly don't know what's happened to him. I watched him when he played for the Toon and honestly, he was a completely different player. Now he spends a third of his time on the pitch on his arse and generally plays football like Bambi on ice.

Original post by Mess.
In what way are they strict :beard: Whenever I have gone in to there it just seems like a massive ****athon with criticism not allowed.

To be fair to the mods, the main forum (especially after a game and especially if we've drawn or lost) can get inundated with the worst kinds of kneejerk, sensationalist tits imaginable. Unfortunately, there's also a lot of posters whose response to any criticism whatsoever - even when it's valid and reasonable - is to call people "whoppers", without even attempting to address of the points said "whopper" is trying to make. It gets bloody tiresome.
Reply 906
Original post by Pn94
Whenever he gets the ball, there's always that sharp intake of breath from every Liverpool fan watching him, the pressure is immense and he knows his every move is being scrutinised. It's obvious he just can't cope with that kind of pressure tbh, and until he does something positive consistently (score) that pressure will remain. His confidence is in complete tatters and it's not bringing out his natural game. It's a real downwards spiral which is so hard to get out of, Torres is in the same situation at Chelsea.

Ultimately imo, it's a question of when and not if with Carroll. Sooner or later he'll find form, he's got it in him like we saw at Newcastle. I'm just not sure if it'll be at LFC, for various reasons.

Aye. When we signed him I was worried that the ridiculous price tag would weigh heavily on his mind and unfortunately that appears to have been the case.
Reply 907
Original post by Siân.
Aye. When we signed him I was worried that the ridiculous price tag would weigh heavily on his mind and unfortunately that appears to have been the case.

Definitely. Just can't take the pressure.
Original post by Deshi
Cheers maaate.

I've been told I'll be on crutches for three weeks so hopefully I'm off them tomorrow :biggrin: I'm surprised Lucas still has them though! He must have had his op ages ago?

Lucas is more important than you, tbf, so he'll get all the time in the world with crutches if he needs it!

Best of luck with it. :yy:
Reply 909
I was on RAWK, got banned when I said i thought Ronaldo was the better all round player.

Yes. Seriously.
Original post by Siân.

I honestly don't know what's happened to him. I watched him when he played for the Toon and honestly, he was a completely different player. Now he spends a third of his time on the pitch on his arse and generally plays football like Bambi on ice.

To be fair to the mods, the main forum (especially after a game and especially if we've drawn or lost) can get inundated with the worst kinds of kneejerk, sensationalist tits imaginable. Unfortunately, there's also a lot of posters whose response to any criticism whatsoever - even when it's valid and reasonable - is to call people "whoppers", without even attempting to address of the points said "whopper" is trying to make. It gets bloody tiresome.

"whopper"? :lolwut:

What on earth is one of those?
Reply 911
Original post by So Instinct
Great, but your not one to judge.

I can judge that your first ever game shouldn't be a cup final.
Reply 912
Original post by CB91

:sexface:
Reply 913
Original post by Pn94

I think one of the problems affecting Carrolls confidence is that he has seen what the likes of Suarez and Gerrard can do be it in training or at a match, even the likes of Bellamy (who he probably disliked growing up due to the whole Shearer thing). Now Carroll was told he was the next big thing, amazing and then bought for £35m. After being bought he saw how well Suarez did in a completely new league and he saw that his old club were doing better without him.
It has probably knocked him for six that he isn't as good as he was led to believe. He is a mid-table plodder and will do really well for one of those clubs but he will never excel at the top level.

Original post by Siân.

I always imagine RAWK as being quite similar to the idiot you overhear in the pub shouting down decent ideas and discussions.
Reply 914
Original post by CB91

An idiot, basically.
Reply 915
Original post by CB91

An idiot/fool/********. I don't know if it is used too much outside of Liverpool.
Reply 916
Original post by Mess.
I always imagine RAWK as being quite similar to the idiot you overhear in the pub shouting down decent ideas and discussions.

Haha, that's a pretty accurate comparison actually.

There are some decent posters on there though. I generally stay away from the main forum these days and the off topic areas can be a laugh.
Reply 917
Original post by Kevmeister
Lucas is more important than you, tbf, so he'll get all the time in the world with crutches if he needs it!

Best of luck with it. :yy:

Haha cheers mate. And I was just curious because along with the ACL I had damage to the meniscus on both sides of my knee, so I assumed it was probably worse than Lucas's, and with him getting better care and everything it was pretty surprising to see him on crutches still :holmes:

Can't wait for him to get back :coma:
Reply 918
RAWK ain't that bad a forum.

Just that the mods style themselves on Kim Jong Il.
Reply 919
RAWK's crap, the mods are awful.

Latest