The Student Room Group

after everything he promised and he does this

been with my bf for 3 years different unis.

He met this girl online who he insisted was 'just a friend' and he was going to meet up with her. I begged him not to because its just not the sort of thing he would do, so i didnt feel comfortable.

Without too much detail, ive basically ignored him a few days and then on friday he text me saying ''i love you and i really want to sort things out, but ive been busy and ill so will ring you tomorrow''. So i sent a reply about how hurt i was in the situation and i didnt want him meeting this girl, to which he didnt reply, so i just assumed he was asleep/ill like he said.

However, last night when he hadnt responded, i went on his facebook (on my friends account as i have him blocked) and hed put about how he was so glad hed met this girl as his status, and she'd put a load of comments about how she 'had butterlies'' and there was lots of flirty comments from him and her and theyd made it pretty clear they were texting all of friday night until 6am saturday! Then his status last night was about how he was looking forward to meeting up with her.

So he basically sent me a text telling me he wanted to sort things out whilst clearly flirting/being more than friends with this other girl.

I just feel like hes throwing away 3 years of love for someone he doesnt even know (or didnt know until a few days ago). He's said all week how much he adores and wants me, how im his rock and he would never leave me ever, and that this girl he was meeting was just as friends. When clearly it was more than friends....

Why would he do this? Is there any chance he still loves me? Could he be doing it just to hurt me or does he probably genuinely like this girl? How do i tell?

Thanks guys :frown:
Reply 1
Guys can have sex with a second woman and still be in love with their main woman. He probably wants to do her while you're away from him and maintain your relationship. He's made it pretty clear he wants to bone her, and she's made it pretty clear she wants a relationship.

Edit. Not that cheating is good, but the above is an accurate summary of his emotions.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Sounds like he wants more pudding :jiggy:
what a ****er
Reply 4
Don't put up with that. I wouldn't give him a chance!
Reply 5
mate, all guys say one thing and do another
you can talk things out but he seems un-faithful to me so theres really no point. i think its time you moved on.
i know its easier said then done, and it sucks to end a three year realationship like this...but its for the best.
(this is just my opinion btw)
He doesn't deserve a moment more of your time! Even if he does still love you, it doesn't matter because you deserve better than that! Don't let him or anyone else treat you like that! He sounds like an idiot to throw that all away and you're better off without him!
You're his dinner and she's his pudding.
Reply 8
The fact that you've got him blocked on facebook already sets off alarm bells...?
You both don't seem to be completely honest with each other (obviously not insinuating that you're cheating on him... but there must be a reason you have him blocked?)

Anyway, I would bring up the fact you saw his status in the phone call where he wants to 'sort things out'.

He sounds like a dick, and you'd probably be better off without him in your life, being single at uni and actually finding someone who appreciates you.
x
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
been with my bf for 3 years different unis.

He met this girl online who he insisted was 'just a friend' and he was going to meet up with her. I begged him not to because its just not the sort of thing he would do, so i didnt feel comfortable.

Without too much detail, ive basically ignored him a few days and then on friday he text me saying ''i love you and i really want to sort things out, but ive been busy and ill so will ring you tomorrow''. So i sent a reply about how hurt i was in the situation and i didnt want him meeting this girl, to which he didnt reply, so i just assumed he was asleep/ill like he said.

However, last night when he hadnt responded, i went on his facebook (on my friends account as i have him blocked) and hed put about how he was so glad hed met this girl as his status, and she'd put a load of comments about how she 'had butterlies'' and there was lots of flirty comments from him and her and theyd made it pretty clear they were texting all of friday night until 6am saturday! Then his status last night was about how he was looking forward to meeting up with her.

So he basically sent me a text telling me he wanted to sort things out whilst clearly flirting/being more than friends with this other girl.

I just feel like hes throwing away 3 years of love for someone he doesnt even know (or didnt know until a few days ago). He's said all week how much he adores and wants me, how im his rock and he would never leave me ever, and that this girl he was meeting was just as friends. When clearly it was more than friends....

Why would he do this? Is there any chance he still loves me? Could he be doing it just to hurt me or does he probably genuinely like this girl? How do i tell?

Thanks guys :frown:

Surely you are the one that turned your back on your 3 year relationship by ignoring him and blocking him on facebook? No wonder he went somewhere else, boys don't like drama.

Communication in a relationship is key.
Reply 10
sound like your being taken for a ride hun
tell him were to go
She's probably thinner than you.
Original post by meloncoly
She's probably thinner than you.

:troll:

....and what a stupid comment.

Edit:

Not sure why the neg. It might be funny to some people, but to others it can give them a real issue with their weight and self perception. I find it nothing to joke about given the prevalence of eating disorders in the western world based on an unachievable ideal.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending