The Student Room Group

My Bf broke my trust.

I told my Bf (now my ex) that if he does thing one specific thing that we wont be together because it goes against my values and morals and he said he wouldn`t... then he did do it again. It broke my trust in him...and it led to a breakup. There are other reasons for the breakup but this was the main thing.

Why is it men still decide to risk losing you even though you have made a boundary so clear to them? I always find after a breakup that's when they try hard and put in effort whilst before not even the bare minimum was done.
Original post by Nozzle16
I told my Bf (now my ex) that if he does thing one specific thing that we wont be together because it goes against my values and morals and he said he wouldn`t... then he did do it again. It broke my trust in him...and it led to a breakup. There are other reasons for the breakup but this was the main thing.

Why is it men still decide to risk losing you even though you have made a boundary so clear to them? I always find after a breakup that's when they try hard and put in effort whilst before not even the bare minimum was done.

Hiya, i’m really sorry that you’ve been through that. I went through something similar with my ex where i begged him to change for 2 years. After months of broken promises I finally got sick of the way he was treating me. It wasn’t until after I told him i was leaving him that he tried to change. The last thing you should do is accept that he has changed because most likely he never will. Some boys are too immature to realise how good of a life you have given them until it is too late. From my personal experience, leave him in the past and focus on yourself. 2 years later I have found the most perfect boy that would never do anything to hurt me or break my boundaries. Don’t look for love, love will find you when you’re ready. If you need me feel free to drop me a message

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending