The Student Room Group

I am heartbroken, help :(

Me and my man have been in a relationship for 5 months and he was the one wanting me first, he promised me the world and everything you can think of even marriage. Before that he got out of a 2 yr long relationship and recently it started to hit him with the realisation that he is still in pain from that heartbreak, his family knows about me while they did not know about his ex, i even spoke to his mother many times. Now he said he wants time to focus on himself because he is in so much pain from his ex ruining him and mental health servecie and police have been involved to investigate what she did to put him in such extreme state. We are doing non-contact and said he can’t be committed to me until he heals. He promised me so much and yet hurt me in the end, any advice on how to deal with it?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my man have been in a relationship for 5 months and he was the one wanting me first, he promised me the world and everything you can think of even marriage. Before that he got out of a 2 yr long relationship and recently it started to hit him with the realisation that he is still in pain from that heartbreak, his family knows about me while they did not know about his ex, i even spoke to his mother many times. Now he said he wants time to focus on himself because he is in so much pain from his ex ruining him and mental health servecie and police have been involved to investigate what she did to put him in such extreme state. We are doing non-contact and said he can’t be committed to me until he heals. He promised me so much and yet hurt me in the end, any advice on how to deal with it?

Sadly time to let him go.This is a typical rebound case but with additional issues on top.Time will help but yes it hurts a lot
Reply 2

I'm going through a very similar thing currently (no police involved, and they weren't even properly together), but yeah I know how heartbreaking it is. I honestly feel your pain so much.
Reply 3
Is this the guy who was flirting with you just a few weeks after his break-up? The one you've only met once 5 months ago?
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Is this the guy who was flirting with you just a few weeks after his break-up? The one you've only met once 5 months ago?

Yes it’s this guy, and we were in a serious relationship
Reply 5
Yes it’s this guy, and we were in a serious relationship

Serious? Mmmm, you missed a few details out of this thread that you put in the other one, like living 3 hours apart and only seeing each other once in January. Why haven't you been to see him, why won't he visit? He's said a lot of pretty words, but hasn't backed them up. In a proper relationship you support each other and work through the difficulties together. Lots of red flags; move on.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7360061
Reply 6
Forget about him. I guess you single now? PM so we can get to know each other loool
Reply 7

that is so unfortunate for you could never be me babe xoxxooxoxoxox
Reply 8
The best thing you can do now is follow your feeling naturally and allow yourself to think about him; if you want to text him, go for it.
But at the same time, try to distract yourself by doing other things, finding a new hobby, watching a movie with your friend, or having lunch/dinner with your friends. Just make sure your life is not 100% about him; remember, your life is equally important as his.

He can put his life before you; he knew you would be hurt and still did it, so you should do the same. Don't invest your energy into his ex or his family; that's his problem, not yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending