The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

on Q9 I got 1/2X as being 1.01pi and something else, but I'm definitely making the assumptions thats wrong as it was between -2pi and 2pi. So I dunno.. With stuff I was confident on I tallied it about 75%

Did anyone else find the intergral question worth 8 marks almost too easy? I got 4.4 as my answer.. So I'm also thinking I got that wrong as well.
Reply 41
Original post by shmalistair
on Q9 I got 1/2X as being 1.01pi and something else, but I'm definitely making the assumptions thats wrong as it was between -2pi and 2pi. So I dunno.. With stuff I was confident on I tallied it about 75%

Did anyone else find the intergral question worth 8 marks almost too easy? I got 4.4 as my answer.. So I'm also thinking I got that wrong as well.

I got 4.4 too :biggrin:
Reply 42
4.4 was right, 0.5x was 1.01 not not 1.01 pi
Original post by Doctor.
I got 4.4 too :biggrin:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! A reasonably easy 8 marks I think. I got stuck on the AP to GP question where u1 u5 and uP = u1, u2 u3.. I got P as 6 hahaha.
Reply 44
p was 8
Original post by Moi786
p was 8

oh well, hopefully I'll get some sort of working out mark. I think I got part of the working right.

Hopefully will get a fair few on the last one aswell.
Reply 46
Original post by shmalistair
Glad to hear I'm not the only one! A reasonably easy 8 marks I think. I got stuck on the AP to GP question where u1 u5 and uP = u1, u2 u3.. I got P as 6 hahaha.

I got P=3 (whole number)
Original post by Moi786
p was 8

How the hell did you even get that?
Reply 47
Original post by Doctor.
I got P=3 (whole number)

How the hell did you even get that?

I don't remember but I compared answers with some clever people and that's what they got. I think I combined the geometric arithmetic equations somehow? How many marks was that?
Reply 48
Would be helpful if someone could take a few pictures of the paper and upload them :P

Moi, how did you get 4.4 btw? did you have to solve the 2 equations and then integrate?
Reply 49
Original post by Scippi
Would be helpful if someone could take a few pictures of the paper and upload them :P

Moi, how did you get 4.4 btw? did you have to solve the 2 equations and then integrate?

I didn't because I made a stupid mistake but I know that was the right answer. Basically you intwegrate both equations. One of them between 0 and 1 and the other between 1 and 2. Then you add them together and its 2+ 2.4 I think
Reply 50
Original post by Moi786
I don't remember but I compared answers with some clever people and that's what they got. I think I combined the geometric arithmetic equations somehow? How many marks was that?

I did all that :smile:. Don't see how that could add up either :redface:

It was like 3 marks ::h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Moi786
I didn't because I made a stupid mistake but I know that was the right answer. Basically you intwegrate both equations. One of them between 0 and 1 and the other between 1 and 2. Then you add them together and its 2+ 2.4 I think

You're right it was defi 4.4 (I think)
Reply 52
Where o where is Mr M?
Reply 53
Original post by Moi786
Where o where is Mr M?

i dunno, hope he is making the MS. He is the best!

Exciting news: Last Activity 9 Minutes Ago -Mr M
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
Yay what would we do without him
Reply 55
did anyone on the log question get a quadratic and get x=1 y=3, x = 1/3 y=9 ? or something like that ?
Reply 56
Original post by cm04
did anyone on the log question get a quadratic and get x=1 y=3, x = 1/3 y=9 ? or something like that ?

i got that :smile:

EDIT: i did it wrong initially, then went back and was like, I am a RETARD. Changed method and was all :h:
Reply 57
I think I've failed both C1 and C2 :frown:
I got something like 13 for question 7b- I rearranged the equations in terms of y and then did the integration with the boundaries 6-0.. and I knew that my answer was wrong cuz the area was much smaller than 2x6

I am just curious about the UMS for these exams... aren't they much more difficult compared to the past ones?
Reply 58
Original post by JY_KO
I think I've failed both C1 and C2 :frown:
I got something like 13 for question 7b- I rearranged the equations in terms of y and then did the integration with the boundaries 6-0.. and I knew that my answer was wrong cuz the area was much smaller than 2x6

I am just curious about the UMS for these exams... aren't they much more difficult compared to the past ones?

Don't say you've failed, there's bound to be many people who also found it really hard. It's usually not as bad as it seems! Even if its remotely bad, you know you'll do better next time. So don't bring yourself so down or ill be forced to do this: : :

The UMS for C1 and C2 really confuses me, its like for 100UMS=72 Raw marks.

Which just sounds really quite stupid, as it cant be that high tbh. So many people find exams hard, how the hell Is that It?
Original post by flowerpower1410
hey,
does anyone know when mr m is going to post answers?
thanks

after 2.30 p.m. - I have finished them but I am busy just now

Latest

Trending

Trending