The Student Room Group

Question about application for jobs at Chessington World of Adventures

Basically, I applied for welcome host, retail host and cashier at CWOA and last week got an email about an interview for welcome host. As you apply for those jobs all in one does it mean I haven't got an interview for retail host?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well in the application you apply for your main one, and then say ur second and third choice if there were no vacancies in your first choice. if they havent said anything. im gussing its your first choice they are interviewing you for.

how long did you have to wait after applying to get the invite for the interview?
Reply 2
Original post by tezlee1
well in the application you apply for your main one, and then say ur second and third choice if there were no vacancies in your first choice. if they havent said anything. im gussing its your first choice they are interviewing you for.

how long did you have to wait after applying to get the invite for the interview?

Nope it was my second choice I think, I guess retail is super popular this year. And I had to wait around 5 weeks to get an invite to an interview. I applied last year and heard back within a few days. I thought I did well but didn't get the job and that was within retail. Hope I have more luck with welcome host.
Reply 3
good luck! :smile: i applied to be a ride host on the 15th jan, im still waiting for a reply and i hope i even get a reply from them :tongue:
Reply 4
got a reply for an interview, im just worried about not looking good in the group activities. anyone know any activities that they usually do?
Reply 5
Original post by tezlee1
got a reply for an interview, im just worried about not looking good in the group activities. anyone know any activities that they usually do?

Congrats!when I did an interview last year we had to do things such as making a model from Lego, that matched that in another room so it was to do with memory and also vocalising clear instructions. Be vocal but not annoyingly overpowering, perhaps if you get that type of task, advise the group to organise the colours of the blocks whilst the member looks at the Lego model. I'm not sure what acitvites they may do for different roles, but I wish you the best of luck, mines in a week..aaagghhh
Reply 6
well good luck :smile: let me know how it goes :tongue: mines on the 1st feb :s
Reply 7
i went to an interview twice before and didnt get through, but i was like 16 at this time. i think ive grown up a bit. and the first one was just we wrote an essay i think, and the second one we built a tower out of paper, but i didn't talk that much and was mid season, so i guess it was harder to get the job as there were only like 3 vacancies but there was like 30 people. hopefully it is not as hard this time :s i really want to work there :tongue:
Reply 8
Just had my interview, I thought it went well, but I don't want to get my hopes up to high. Got given chocolate at the end :biggrin:
Had my interview on Friday, went for cleaning host :smile:
Also got chocolate, was awesome :biggrin:

Just wondering, how hard is it to get through the interview? I wasn't shy and had fun, but didn't get through last year (for games host, i had difficulty selling stuff in the interview)
Reply 10
Original post by Charlie1235
Had my interview on Friday, went for cleaning host :smile:
Also got chocolate, was awesome :biggrin:

Just wondering, how hard is it to get through the interview? I wasn't shy and had fun, but didn't get through last year (for games host, i had difficulty selling stuff in the interview)

I had the exact same issue when applying last year, I thought I spoke well and did the tasks well too. I'm applying for a different role this year, so hopefully I have a better chance! I think the Dragon's Den task was slightly more difficult when selling tickets than toys, but we did a cheesy role play, that should make up for something.

From knowing a few that have gotten through it seems you have to be loud and proud, so if you are in a group with them you'll no doubt seem quieter. I'm not sure how many people they hire, but good luck with the job!
Original post by FallenMan
I had the exact same issue when applying last year, I thought I spoke well and did the tasks well too. I'm applying for a different role this year, so hopefully I have a better chance! I think the Dragon's Den task was slightly more difficult when selling tickets than toys, but we did a cheesy role play, that should make up for something.

From knowing a few that have gotten through it seems you have to be loud and proud, so if you are in a group with them you'll no doubt seem quieter. I'm not sure how many people they hire, but good luck with the job!

Yeah last year i went for games host, so went for cleaning this year as i have experience and its an easier, less sales driven role

Luckily this year we did the Dragon's den task in a group, selling the rides.
We got told that everyone had the chance to get the job, no specific amount of vacancies :biggrin:

Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 12
Well it's nearly been a week and heard nothing yet. When I came home I realised the phone number (mobile) I put in was an old one (I got a new one about a month ago), so will they have my new number in case they contact via phone?
I'm so scared, I really wanted this job.

Original post by tezlee1
well good luck :smile: let me know how it goes :tongue: mines on the 1st feb :s

I forgot to ask...how did it go??

Has anyone heard anything back?
Reply 13
hey yeah i had my interview on wednesday the 1st, and i thought it went quite well, i tried to talk as much as i was comfortable with, when it was quiet i just made up random questions to the partner next to me. i was also the last one to be chosen for the one to one and so was alone at the end just chatting away for like 10 minutes with the HR lady. and i was the only one getting interviewed in the room as everyone else had finished. was well scary, but he said i did well on the day and i also got chocolate :biggrin: . luckily the next day at about 4pm they called, which i missed it, so i called them back, then they called me back and offered me a position. i also did the dragons den task, i quite enjoyed it. was very fun :tongue:

but dont worry if you havent heard back. they said give it two weeks, and if you dont here from them call up there centre, as they said sometimes they miss people out.

my friend has to wait over a week to hear from them. she went for a beverage host role.
Reply 14
I went for an interview on 29 January - still haven't heard back from them :frown:
Reply 15
So it seems they didn't have the right phone details from me and have tried to call me before..so just got offered a job! Glad I phoned in or I would have never known
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by tezlee1
x.

Is your induction date in March? Because I thought they were all this week, yet mines in March
Reply 17
Hello, I have just been told that I have an interview this monday for being a games host. I would like to know what happens at the interview and what sort of things they ask you. I heard that they do group interviews and would like to know what that is too.

Thanks and sorry for being a pain! but I am really nervous and scared.
Reply 18
That job sounds awesome! I hope you get it. Group interviews are normally less nerve racking than individual ones. Appear enthusiastic and answer the questions honestly. I'm sure you'll be fine.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Group+interview+
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by T-Toe
That job sounds awesome! I hope you get it. Group interviews are normally less nerve racking than individual ones. Appear enthusiastic and answer the questions honestly. I'm sure you'll be fine.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Group+interview+

the job does seem quite fun to do. and thank you that really helped !:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending