The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

-forever alone :cry2:
I am taking it....unforunately :frown:
Original post by NoFunnyBusiness

Yay, A FRIEND!

Jokes, are you not liking it either?

I find it really frustrating for maths. Pure is so much better. Stats is just number crunching boredom. Wish I could have dine mechanics -_-
Reply 4
After the mess that was C3 today, I'm really hoping I do well in stats...
Does anyone have the june 2011 paper :smile:

ohh and *subscribed*
Reply 5
I like Venn Diagrams
Original post by AspiringGenius
Yay, A FRIEND!

Jokes, are you not liking it either?

I find it really frustrating for maths. Pure is so much better. Stats is just number crunching boredom. Wish I could have dine mechanics -_-

I know what you mean but the Core 3 exam on friday was SOLID! :angry:
Original post by Minotauro
After the mess that was C3 today, I'm really hoping I do well in stats...
Does anyone have the june 2011 paper :smile:

ohh and *subscribed*

I don't, but good luck!

Original post by the bear
I like Venn Diagrams

I dislike only one thing more...
I know what you mean but the Core 3 exam on friday was SOLID! :angry:

Love solid maths :love: makes me weep tears of joy!

Oh the purity.

The perfection (nerdgasm)

Good luck!

By the way, does anybody know with Hypothesis testing, what is the X~B(29638) thing we need to put at the top? And when do we do it with Binomial testing?
Reply 8
L
I don't, but good luck!

I dislike only one thing more...

Love solid maths :love: makes me weep tears of joy!

Oh the purity.

The perfection (nerdgasm)

Good luck!

By the way, does anybody know with Hypothesis testing, what is the X~B(29638) thing we need to put at the top? And when do we do it with Binomial testing?

The proportion of posts by trolls has been 20% in the past. A researcher believes it has increased; he takes a sample of 18 posts and finds that 7 are by trolls...
X~ Bin( 18, 0.2 )
Look up p( X >= 7 )
If it exceeds 5% accept Ho
Reply 9
I am. :frown:
Original post by the bear
L

The proportion of posts by trolls has been 20% in the past. A researcher believes it has increased; he takes a sample of 18 posts and finds that 7 are by trolls...
X~ Bin( 18, 0.2 )
Look up p( X >= 7 )
If it exceeds 5% accept Ho

So it's

X~B(n,p) cool!
Original post by Abbyyyyyyy
I am. :frown:

Good luck!

I'm guessing people dnnt like stats. It's a shame, I think it could be a good subject, but for some reason it's never taught well :frown:
Reply 12
Good luck!

I'm guessing people dnnt like stats. It's a shame, I think it could be a good subject, but for some reason it's never taught well :frown:

You too! :smile:

I think I don't like it because I'm doing it as part of AS Further Maths that I took up with my A2s, so I kind of focused more on my Core 3. Now I'm panicky :rolleyes:
Original post by Abbyyyyyyy
You too! :smile:

I think I don't like it because I'm doing it as part of AS Further Maths that I took up with my A2s, so I kind of focused more on my Core 3. Now I'm panicky :rolleyes:

Don't worry,

I had Biology and Chemistry last week so I focused more on them. I'm now getting mixed high results so it should be ok. My tip is to be as focused as possible and carefully follow tye probabilities as there can be littlentrips :smile:
Reply 14
Don't worry,

I had Biology and Chemistry last week so I focused more on them. I'm now getting mixed high results so it should be ok. My tip is to be as focused as possible and carefully follow tye probabilities as there can be littlentrips :smile:

Thank you, good luck! :smile:
Reply 15
Thought that was actually pretty nice :smile:
Reply 16
not too bad....how did you work out P(TnM)? did you get 0.264?
I thought the paper was okay, some questions were in slightly weird formats though.

The probability tree diagram had me panicking before I realised it actually told us the score in sets was 1-1.

And a whole page to write a conclusion to that hypothesis test... How generous!
Original post by Wolvesfc94
not too bad....how did you work out P(TnM)? did you get 0.264?

P(T|M) = P(TnM) over P(M)

So to obtain P(TnM) you simply multiply P(T|M) by P(M)

Which I think was 0.264 yeh.
(edited 12 years ago)
This thread is quiet. For me, it's been the only nice paper that I've had so far (C3, anyone? :colone:). Some questions I half-guessed though. What did everyone else get for the last one?

Original post by lemongrass

And a whole page to write a conclusion to that hypothesis test... How generous!

A whole page for 2 marks, hah. I checked over multiple times to see if I mismatched the question and answers for that or what.

Latest

Trending

Trending