The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6580
anyone got the aqa sociology as level unit 2 june 2011 and january 2012 QPs and MSs please?
Anyone know what page the F321 QP + MS was on? Or can just link the PDF's?
Darn resits!
Reply 6582
anyone got the AQA Chem unit 5 January 12, QP + MS
thanks
Reply 6583
Original post by Lauraaa12
Anyone know what page the F321 QP + MS was on? Or can just link the PDF's?
Darn resits!

Original post by rommy123
anyone got the AQA Chem unit 5 January 12, QP + MS
thanks

Here is a link to all the attachements uploaded to this thread. Do a search for your paper to find it quicker or just scroll through the list.
www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=1898916
Reply 6584
Original post by D4rth
Here is a link to all the attachements uploaded to this thread. Do a search for your paper to find it quicker or just scroll through the list.

Original post by D4rth

thanks 4 uploading:smile: i couldn't find the paper other than mark scheme and report. it would be great if you could download aqa chem 1 2012 paper. thanks again:smile:
Reply 6586
Original post by Joseppea
In AS I got aaabb with the b's being in chemistry and biology, it really made me realise i need to focus more on them.

In these January exams I got an A and and A* in A2 chem and bio because i worked so much harder for them this year.

So yes, it is possible to achieve your target grades, whether they be ds or as, it just depends on how hard you work to get them (oh, and if the examiners are feeling generous when writing and making your paper!) :rofl:

that's really encouraging, thank you! these were my first january modules, so i'm revising really hard and building on my exam technique so that I can pull them up in June :smile:
Reply 6587
any1 got the AQA D1 Jan 12 paper
Reply 6588
In AS I got aaabb with the b's being in chemistry and biology, it really made me realise i need to focus more on them.

In these January exams I got an A and and A* in A2 chem and bio because i worked so much harder for them this year.

So yes, it is possible to achieve your target grades, whether they be ds or as, it just depends on how hard you work to get them (oh, and if the examiners are feeling generous when writing and making your paper!) :rofl:

wow ! well done! how do you revise?
Original post by Raj K
wow ! well done! how do you revise?

I just typed up everything from lessons and the textbooks in my own words. For biology, I also made crosswords, flashcards and mnemonics and it seemed to work alright. Doing the same for these June exams and hoping it works out again. :smile:

Good luck in your exams! :biggrin:
Reply 6590

I just typed up everything from lessons and the textbooks in my own words. For biology, I also made crosswords, flashcards and mnemonics and it seemed to work alright. Doing the same for these June exams and hoping it works out again. :smile:

Good luck in your exams! :biggrin:

thankyou! you too! even though you seem naturally clever lol i dont think i would cope with 5 subjects at AS lol ..is typing all your notes time consuming? and did you do loads of past papers? are you with ocr for bio and chem? do you also do the old spec (legacy) papers on the website..sorry for all these questions lol i wish i was you!
Original post by Raj K
thankyou! you too! even though you seem naturally clever lol i dont think i would cope with 5 subjects at AS lol ..is typing all your notes time consuming? and did you do loads of past papers? are you with ocr for bio and chem? do you also do the old spec (legacy) papers on the website..sorry for all these questions lol i wish i was you!

Psssh, I'm not anymore naturally clever than anyone else, I just made sure I knew the specification/textbook inside out (particularly for biology). It was pretty time-consuming and still is, but if you do a bit each night it's manageable! Did most of the current/legacy past papers for both subjects (some of them in class). Compared to last year, I'm doing about 100x more revision.

As for the 5 subjects bit, the 5th one was graphic design, so not particularly taxing revision-wise, though it did eat up lots of my time for other subjects. :angry:

I have OCR for bio/chem, I can share some revision tips by PM if you're doing the same? :smile:
does any1 have ocr not mei c1/c2 jan 2012 past paper
I can't be the only one retaking the exam they failed in January this May, am I?

Well, I didn't fail. I got a C. Still.
Original post by Ra Ra
I can't be the only one retaking the exam they failed in January this May, am I?

Don't worry I'm in the same position.. 13 exams starting 18th may to 21st June
:redface:
Reply 6595
Original post by singh224
Don't worry I'm in the same position.. 13 exams starting 18th may to 21st June
:redface:

:eek:
how many per day?!

oh wait lol sorry i misread i thought you wrote 18th may to the 21st may :P
Original post by Hdizzle
:eek:
how many per day?!

oh wait lol sorry i misread i thought you wrote 18th may to the 21st may :P

lol the max I've in a day are 2 but they are in the same time slot :frown:
I got;

Psychology 88/100
Biology 106/120
Religious Studies 93/100
English Language 87/100

Are these results poor?

Why am I being negged? Is it not totally improbable that my results are sub-par in comparison to the intellectual snobs on this website?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by liamdunne
I got;

Psychology 88/100
Biology 106/120
Religious Studies 93/100
English Language 87/100

Are these results poor?

Why am I being negged? Is it not totally improbable that my results are sub-par in comparison to the intellectual snobs on this website?

How could geting 4A's possible be poor :s-smilie:? Stop asking stupid questions and celebrate without rubbing peoples noses in it ....
Original post by Ra Ra

im retaking a unit from january last year, as well as one from january this year :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest