The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2012 Applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by silver0
They are taking so long ain't they! :/

They are indeed :/ Hope you get some offers soon :smile:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 61
Original post by Neards
Catty, are you going for grad entry or both? I have only just sent off my confirmation that Queens and Magee can share info! The process seems so much more exciting for me this time around! I hope it will come to me on the day!

Hi Neards,

I have applied for the RGR and the 3 year route. It's all one interview so it won't be too bad! I got my confirmation of choices letter really late (like a week after it was supposed to be back by!) but after I got it back I got my personal statement request about 3days later! It seems to be done in blocks/groups of people cause I know people who still haven't revived their confirmation of choices letter! Keep us posted on how you're getting on! :smile: xx
Reply 62
has anyone had a social work interview yet for qub??? mine is tmoro and im really panicking :frown::frown:

what do u even wear to the interview??

pleeeeease someone get back to me asap any help would be great (: lol

xo
Reply 63
wish me luck :frown:
Original post by nicoleio
wish me luck :frown:

Good luck :smile:
Reply 65
aww thank uu :smile: :smile:

its at 3pm,

meeee nerveess
Reply 66
Got an offer for human biology yesterday. Thats all 3 Queen's courses I applied for I got offers for! :biggrin: Wish Ulster would hurry up though because thats where the course is I want to do! :P
Reply 67
I applied for architecture in december and still not heard anything! :s-smilie:
Reply 68
aww thank uu :smile: :smile:

its at 3pm,

meeee nerveess

Well how did it go? What was the structure like? Xx
Reply 69
Original post by catty_
Well how did it go? What was the structure like? Xx

hey catty,
aw it was nerve wrecking!! but like there was only a panel of 2 people and they made you as comforrtable as possible! they just word the questions strange! lol
wen is ur interview?

xx
Reply 70
i just did my Sonru automated interview with queens on the 6th of feb. still no news from them tho. freaking out cause the interview didnt go so well >.< i applied for dentistry btw
I applied for BEng Civil Engineering back in September 2011 and received an offer in November 2011. I need to get BBB.

One thing that I noticed was when I applied the entry requirements for my course were BBC but now their website and my offer state BBB. It was meant to be a middle spectrum choice for me, but now the requirements are the same as for my 2nd choice. It's really made my decision a lot harder now!
I Have to wait till march to hear from queens about my medicine interview, but God i would chew my leg off to go to Queens, it's been the place i've wanted to go since the first year i applied for medicine :h:
Reply 73
hey catty,
aw it was nerve wrecking!! but like there was only a panel of 2 people and they made you as comforrtable as possible! they just word the questions strange! lol
wen is ur interview?

xx

Awk I hope it went well for you! I've just sent my 2nd statement back so waiting to be called for my interview! Is it still 6 questions? I don't want to ask you what the questions were exactly but is it just the same kinda stuff like why you want to do SW and how you should behave etc? It's been 7 years since I've had an interview with them and the structure was completely different - it was in the old building with 3 of them sat across a HUGE table in a massive room..very intimidating at 18 years old lol. Some of the questions they asked then were so random..like an article you had read that made you want to do SW! Strange to say the least! Xx
Reply 74
Original post by catty_
Awk I hope it went well for you! I've just sent my 2nd statement back so waiting to be called for my interview! Is it still 6 questions? I don't want to ask you what the questions were exactly but is it just the same kinda stuff like why you want to do SW and how you should behave etc? It's been 7 years since I've had an interview with them and the structure was completely different - it was in the old building with 3 of them sat across a HUGE table in a massive room..very intimidating at 18 years old lol. Some of the questions they asked then were so random..like an article you had read that made you want to do SW! Strange to say the least! Xx

yeh it was 6 questions, wasnt too intimidating was kinda like ina office room with two people and they made you as comfortable as possible. the first question asked was why i wanted to be a social worker, then they give u a scenario and u have to answer what they say. mine was about sexual orientation :s-smilie: was tricky, and others outside wer saying they wer asked like how a family from outside the eu would cope moving to uk. they jsut sit and mark your answers. it last no more than 15-20 mins! some people there wer finished in 10mins! xo
Reply 75
hi all, i have my interview for social work at Queens on wed, really nervous! has anyone had any offers yet do we know?
Reply 76
Original post by sheawill
hi all, i have my interview for social work at Queens on wed, really nervous! has anyone had any offers yet do we know?

Good luck for you're interview! Let us know how you get on? :smile: I think those who don't meet the criteria find out with 1-3 weeks and the others are then considered and offers are posted around end of April/may! Queens are notoriously late with decisions from what I've read in the forums! Xx
Reply 77
Original post by catty_
Good luck for you're interview! Let us know how you get on? :smile: I think those who don't meet the criteria find out with 1-3 weeks and the others are then considered and offers are posted around end of April/may! Queens are notoriously late with decisions from what I've read in the forums! Xx

thats a craaaazy long wait!! :O so many rumours of dates n stuff tho, like girls wer saying rejections of interviews to be made 48hours after interview, which is doubtful but a girl in the interview just before me said she asked and they said itd be no more than 2 weeks :s-smilie: :s-smilie: xox
Original post by caramel
Woo! There are a few people in my college who want to go Queens, but i only know about 1 haha. I've got all my offers but Queens is the one I want to go to so far ..you going to that prospective students open day in march is it?

Yeah, 10th March. Can't wait to go and get a better insight as to what the course will be like. There's a series of Psych lectures I was invited to at queens at the end of February too, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go because it's during school and stuff.
Reply 79
I've applied for Pharmacy, I think QUB will be my firm, although I'm still deciding between it UEA and KCL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending