The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Anyone in City Centre Halls in Manchester?

I'll be starting the science with an integrated foundation year course in September. I know that pretty much the whole of the first/foundation year is taught in the Sackville Street building. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any halls near here?

I really liked the look of Oak House tbh due to what I've read making it sound really sociable. But it's pretty far away from where my lectures will be and after finding out I need 70% in every module to pass the year, perhaps somewhere a bit closer to where I'll be studying will be better.

Soo, anyone on here currently staying in any city centre halls that they could recommend or know anyone else that is? Just a bit worried I'm gonna end up somewhere really quiet and unsociable...
bump bump
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Just saying, but the distance really isn't something that should be taken in to account that much. I live in Fallowfield and one of my flatmates does aerospace engineering, another does textiles. They're both in Sackville. The engineer actually want to continue living in Fallowfield next year. I know another engineer who lives in Withington, which is even further out. The bus only takes about 15-20 minutes and obviously if you have a few hours spare between lectures you can always go to the library.

If anything living further out could be better because you're not tempted to go back to your room, where you'll inevitably get distracted. So if you like Oak House, go for it.
Thanks, that's pretty useful to know. I reckon it might be Fallowfield for me then. I think I'd probably be more likely to do my work in uni too if i have to trek backwards and forwards otherwise. Work hard during the day, play harder at night haha

Thanks anyway, you've helped me out there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending