The Student Room Group

Iraqi killer gets 90 days only...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40

Anti-war people only care about the Kurds as long as they suffer at the hands of the United States. When they're being repressed by others, the anti-war movement swiftly abandons them and befriends their enemies. Why should they care that the Kurds are doing well if the United States proudly shares some responsibility for helping them along? Pacifists claim to be standing up for repressed people across the world, but they don't really give a damn about their concerns; when did George Galloway last ask an Iranian democrat what he/she thinks about the Tehran regime that he routinely praises (and works for)? He's simply in it to propel his own agenda.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ferdowsi

Original post by Ferdowsi
Isn't everything?

It is on the same level as CNN and so on - it is hardly Press TV or RT?

lol @ thinking CNN is not bias. CNN is one of the most bias news networks out there, owned by Time Warner Cable although CNN international is slightly better. Al Jazeera is on par with BBC.
Original post by Steevee

You take the actions of a few dozen soldiers as representative of the actions of all soldiers in NATO, a force that has hundreds of thousands of soldiers deployed in those arenas. By your logic all Muslims are terrorists, all scousers are theives, all black men are violent criminals.

Shut up Steevee, thats what you do all the damn time on TSR. In your last post to me you said Hitler liked Muslims and that was a reason to hate Muslims.
Reply 43
Original post by Rant
Well done, you're giving money to murderers. Maybe one day you'll realise what a fool you've been. Or maybe you'll be shot by one of your "heroes" when they go rogue after the system crumbles.

And no, I expect nothing less from the brainwashed British public... the majority of people in this country are stupid and easily led. You're a nice example. :smile:

No, I'm giving money to soldiers. The people that protect us from the bad guys. The people that protect innocent civilians from corrupt theocratic and genocidal regimes, the people that stop terrorists with no regard for human life, the people that help to build schools, dig wells, treat the sick and needy. I am giving money to help those of them who have suffered injury at the hands of the enemy. Giving money to help treat the wounds caused by the murderers, religious zealots and genocidal madmen.

Let me just ask you. How can you honestly oppose our soldiers, when you see what the Taliban do. When you see what the insurjents do. When you see what Saddam did. How can you see our soldiers as the bad guys in this? It honestly boggles the mind.

Stupid and easily led am I? But I'll be totally independant and free thinking if I take the typical anti-establishment far Leftist approach right? If I swallow the Communist Manifesto and watch RT. :rolleyes:

If you don;t stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them. If you hate them so much, why don't you go support the enemy. I'm sure the Taliban will have a field day with a little Leftist Westerner.
Reply 44
Original post by Troll_Account
Shut up Steevee, thats what you do all the damn time on TSR. In your last post to me you said Hitler liked Muslims and that was a reason to hate Muslims.

No my dear, it is not.

I oppose Islam. I have never suggested that all Muslims are terrorists.

And you posted a picture of Hitler, not me. You tried to imply I was somehow like Hitler. I merely remarked that Hitler infact, admired Muslims. At no point did I say that was a reason to hate them. Living up to your user-name I see.
Reply 45
Original post by Steevee
If you hate them so much, why don't you go support the enemy

The truth is that people like 'Rant' actually do support the enemy, while masquerading behind a false, but seemingly "legitimate", facade of pacifism. I'm sure he thinks that Osama bin Laden was an anti-imperialist, even though he wanted the Caliphate. Or that the Taliban are a liberation movement, even though they regularly commit massacres like Haditha as a recreational activity. He simply doesn't have the courage to put his views into practice. Such opinions shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. It's far better just to mock them, in the same way that we should mock someone in France who might, for example, justify a Combat 18 attack on one of their synagogues as a "retaliation" for 1066.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Steevee
No my dear, it is not.

I oppose Islam. I have never suggested that all Muslims are terrorists.

And you posted a picture of Hitler, not me. You tried to imply I was somehow like Hitler. I merely remarked that Hitler infact, admired Muslims. At no point did I say that was a reason to hate them. Living up to your user-name I see.

Yes you have. Thats why you oppose them.
Original post by AWP
Whatever, I can't be arsed to continue this argument, with someone who acts immaturely and cannot hold a discussion without insulting..if you really think that troops are risking their lives for you then you're entitled to do so.

Immature? :lol: Oook then. I've actually given you a substantial arguement more than once, that much is obvious.
I don't think I ever said all soldiers are risking their lives for me although I wouldn't dismiss that idea altogether.
Feel free to continue with your nonsensical arguments based on your I'll informed opinions and I'll just keep punching holes in them. Or you do something radical like do some real research so you actually have some truth and facts to back you up.

Let me know how that goes.

Original post by Rant
Uninformed? Justin Bieber? I guess you can't really relate to us "civvies" anymore, can you? Trained to kill, not think.

:lol: You see what funny about that is that I'm a civvie. Never been in the Millitary. Furthermore you insult the intelligence if people who do serve yet you yourself haven't shown an ounce of intelligence or common sense.

People in glass houses...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
Yes you have. Thats why you oppose them.

Oh I have, have I? Care to link a post where I've said that?

I oppose Islam because I find it a vile and backward belief system. I don't oppose Muslims per se, only insofar as their religion affects me. I have never said that all Muslims are terrorists, that would be a ridiculous thing to say.

But ho hum. I suppose if you say I've said it, you must be right eh? What would I know? I'm only the one typing the posts....oh wait :facepalm2:
Original post by Steevee

If you don;t stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them. If you hate them so much, why don't you go support the enemy. I'm sure the Taliban will have a field day with a little Leftist Westerner.

Just as a note, whilst I support the troops I don't agree with the "you're either with us or against us" mentality.
I don't agree with oppositions like this but I find it a bit of a stretch when people say things like "go support the enemy then!"

I just think it's a bit over the top
If there's any consolation America is fastest growing third world nation these days...

If there's any consolation, its that the statement above is complete nonsense LOL :h:
Reply 51
Original post by thunder_chunky
Just as a note, whilst I support the troops I don't agree with the "you're either with us or against us" mentality.
I don't agree with oppositions like this but I find it a bit of a stretch when people say things like "go support the enemy then!"

Well when the anti-war movements in both Britain and the U.S. are led by people who do voluntarily, actively and proudly support the enemy (North Korea, Ba'athist Iraq, the Iranian theocracy, Milosevic, the barbarians/rapists of Rwanda, the Maoists of Beijing, the Stalinists of Moscow, etc.) then it almost becomes axiomatic. Sure, people who turn up to the anti-war rallies and speeches might not realise what vermin are hosting these events, but that's their problem. They still associate themselves with an abhorrent cause.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by thunder_chunky

Maybe so, but I find myself somewhat polarised when someone presumes to label every soldier a murderer. Disagree with the various wars? Fine. Question the conduct of some, or even all of our Armed Forces? It irks me, but ok, legitimate criticsm at points. But labelling each and every member of the Armed Forces as a murderer, many of whom I count among my friends, and I get a little more than irked.

But I suppose, a better invitation would be for him to spend time with the enemy, and then spend time with the British troops, and see which he deems to be the murderers after that.
Unfortunately I'm not surprised at all since it's the U.S we're talking about :s-smilie:
Reply 54
Americans gonna murder brown people.
So they go over there to spread western values...this guy murders children and other innocent civilians...and DOESN'T get tried for serial murder?

Greeeeeaaaaat role models there.
Original post by Wave
Americans gonna murder brown people.

It has nothing to do with the colour of their skin; heck, America would be at war with (or at least detest) India by that logic, and yet the two are staunch/close allies. You could argue religion may be the case (as India is not a Muslim country etc), but not colour frankly.
Reply 57
It's funny that when the Americans commit an atrocity the anti-war people accuse the U.S. of carrying out "silent genocide" (to cite just one notorious scholar), yet, on the other hand, when the Taliban or al-Qaeda commit far more serious atrocities, they're only really condemned as terrorists because the U.S. says that they are (and, we mustn't forget, the U.S. considered Nelson Mandela to be a terrorist :eek:). I'm sure the U.S. is flattered that the anti-war movement overstates their influence and capabilities, as though they are the only important actor in global affairs, but for me such cretinism won't stand.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 58
"The victims included 10 women and children killed at point-blank range. Six people were killed in one house, most shot in the head, including women and children huddled in a bedroom."

Yeah, because they look like enemies...
Makes me sick.
Reply 59
Original post by Steevee
No, I'm giving money to soldiers. The people that protect us from the bad guys. The people that protect innocent civilians from corrupt theocratic and genocidal regimes, the people that stop terrorists with no regard for human life, the people that help to build schools, dig wells, treat the sick and needy. I am giving money to help those of them who have suffered injury at the hands of the enemy. Giving money to help treat the wounds caused by the murderers, religious zealots and genocidal madmen.

Let me just ask you. How can you honestly oppose our soldiers, when you see what the Taliban do. When you see what the insurjents do. When you see what Saddam did. How can you see our soldiers as the bad guys in this? It honestly boggles the mind.

Stupid and easily led am I? But I'll be totally independant and free thinking if I take the typical anti-establishment far Leftist approach right? If I swallow the Communist Manifesto and watch RT. :rolleyes:

I don't think you have any idea what the Taliban stands for, just to let you know Al-Qeada is not Taliban. The main establishment for Taliban is to keep foreigners of their land..
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending