The Student Room Group

Y11 mocks (can I get all 9s???)

Hi,
I am currently in Y11 and I really want to get all 9s in my GCSE.
I did my mocks recently and I have finally received all the exam papers and the grades.
The following are my grades (+ - show how far I was into the grade, 9+: 90% - 95%, 9++: 95%<):

Maths - 9++ (full marks in paper 1, which I was over the moon about)
Further maths - 9+ (again full marks in paper 1, but I messed up paper 2)
English language - 7+ (1 mark under the 8 boundary, quite unfortunate)
English literature - 8+ (3 marks under 9 boundary, again big L)
Physics - 9+ (I was really happy with this lol, I want to do a level physics)
Chemistry - 9-
Biology - 9-
Computer Science - 9-
French - 9+
German - 8 (I was quite gutted with this as I am actually good at german)
Design and Technology - 7+ (I'm hoping my coursework carries because I am no good at the theory)

I just want to know how many grades people go up by from the mock in the actual GCSE.
I am also wondering whether it is usual to get a lower grade in the actual GCSE. I am worried about this because in chem and bio, I was on the grade boundary.
Last question: Can I get all 9s with these grades in the mocks?

(Any advice on how to revise for DT theory paper would be helpful as well.)
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by kmannnn
Hi,
I did my mocks recently and I have finally received all the exam papers and the grades.
The following are my grades (+ - show how far I was into the grade, 9+: 90% - 95%, 9++: 95%<):

Chemistry - 9-
Biology - 9-
Computer Science - 9-
French - 9+
Design and Technology - 7+ (I'm hoping my coursework carries because I am no good at the theory)

I just want to know how many grades people go up by from the mock in the actual GCSE.
I am also wondering whether it is usual to get a lower grade in the actual GCSE. I am worried about this because in chem and bio, I was on the grade boundary.

Hello there, it looks like you did really well in your mocks, well done!
The most important thing right now for you is to consider the feedback you have been given for your mocks, and responding to that feedback. If you can focus on the areas you didn't do quite as well at in your mocks over this next few months, you will improve your marks and you will get all 9s. Maybe ask your teachers for some more indepth advice as to how you could have done even better in the subjects you didn't quite get a 9 in.
Do not become too focused on getting all 9s, as if you are focusing more on the end goal, rather than the actual steps on how to get there, you will get too stressed about it and this will not help you improve to achieve these grades. If you start revising now and keep working diligently until your exam time, completing past papers and improving your answers from the feedback, and keeping focused on these small little steps to improve your attainment in your subjects, I guarantee you will achieve all 9s.
Unfortunately I didnt do DT so I cant help much with that but for English I would highly recommend Mr Salles for both Lang and Lit.
If you have been consistently working hard throughout GCSE study, and you keep calm and focused in your real exams, you should achieve the marks you deserve. I am sure you will succeed in your final exams!
Reply 2
Original post by kmannnn
Hi,

Chemistry - 9-
Biology - 9-
Computer Science - 9-
French - 9+

definitely, what score you get in maths 150/160 in maths also an A in addmaths here but low ums (easily could get higher 71/100 was a dissapoinmet for me)
Reply 3
Dt is hard i take engineering it is also a killer average grade in my year was a grade 3-4
Reply 4
at a grammer school aswell i cl with cs im the sweaties code you have ever seen but still got an 8 had an off day
gutted with an 8?
Reply 6
Original post by inurdadsbumh0le
gutted with an 8?

yeah on tsr its common
Reply 7
Original post by ph9Warad
yeah on tsr its common

sometimes grammer school children forgot that a grade 5 is good for some people
Reply 8
gutted with an 8?

funny username
Reply 9
definitely, what score you get in maths 150/160 in maths also an A in addmaths here but low ums (easily could get higher 71/100 was a dissapoinmet for me)

I got 153/158 in normal GCSE maths (they removed a question)
I got 148/160 in GCSE further maths
Reply 10
gutted with an 8?

High standards (you can blame my parents for that)
Reply 11
funny username

lol yea it is a very sus username
r u asian
Original post by kmannnn
I got 153/158 in normal GCSE maths (they removed a question)
I got 148/160 in GCSE further maths
damn very repectable i mean after a certain level its just silly mistakes i can do any hard question but still make the ocassional silly mistake which drops me down

Quick Reply

Latest