The Student Room Group

Nottingham teenager jailed for knifepoint double rape

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Hogwartz
Oh wait, stupid idiot alert, capital punishments don't exist in Turkey. Idiot.

Tell that to the Kurds and Armenians.
Reply 81
Original post by Rant
Tell that to the Kurds and Armenians.

You tell them! What has kurds and americans got to do with me? :confused:

Plus i'm only half turkish rememeber.
Reply 82
Good riddance! Hopefully he will go to jail and have some big burly bastard give him a choice....Blood on my knife or **** on my dick.
Taste a bit of his own medicine!
WTF! What makes someone do something like this?
Oi you lot. The thread is about knife-point rape, not make-up or what facilities your school has. Stay on topic.
Thats what you conservative voters don't understand. This does not change anything! Should we not try and reform the individual and make them understand, and give them a chance in society. What if their upbringing caused them to go down the route of crime, is it their fault that they had a less advantaged upbringing than other people. That is why we should help them as well as punishing.

you can't reform a ****ing psychopath.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch

Yeah you can, haven't you heard of the Reformed Psychopaths Association?

Reply 87

If you're insinuating that this man is mentally ill. You are saying the way to cure mental illness is to shove them in jail?
If you're insinuating that this man is mentally ill. You are saying the way to cure mental illness is to shove them in jail?

I don't know if being a psychopath is condsidered a mental illness but from what I've read it can't be corrected, and I bet this kid is one.
Reply 89
I don't know if being a psychopath is condsidered a mental illness but from what I've read it can't be corrected, and I bet this kid is one.

Lets punish someone for having a mental illness, thats a good way of solving things.
Lets punish someone for having a mental illness, thats a good way of solving things.

for ***** sake, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying punish him for raping adolescents at knifepoint.
Also it's more a personality disorder that makes people essentially have no conscience & apparently can't be fixed with therapy. What the hell else are they supposed to do with this kid besides locking him up, assuming he has it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 91
Hope he gets bummed repeatedly in the showers
Reply 92
Thats what you conservative voters don't understand. This does not change anything! Should we not try and reform the individual and make them understand, and give them a chance in society. What if their upbringing caused them to go down the route of crime, is it their fault that they had a less advantaged upbringing than other people. That is why we should help them as well as punishing.

I didn't know your unbringing could have an affect on what you thought of rape. No-one in their right mind would think rape is okay, no matter your bringing. I'd rather have this utter scum in jail than anywhere else, i don't care about him wanting to reform. I'll give theives another chance but never rapists - those bastards can rot in jail for their entire life for all i care.
ah Nottingham.....sigh.
Reply 94
I say castration is the best punishment for rape.
What a bastard. I hope justice is done. All there is to be said...
Original post by Ice Constricter
who cannot be identified
because of his age

**** this, they should show everyone his name with his photo next to it and let the little bastard get whats coming to him.

I don't care if he's underage.... He shouldn't be protected
Original post by Nick1sHere
**** this, they should show everyone his name with his photo next to it and let the little bastard get whats coming to him.

I don't care if he's underage.... He shouldn't be protected

This.

Also, the Turks committed genocide against the Armenians.
Well done sherlock. :rolleyes:

I didn't say it 'excuses', but it gives a more of a reason to 'help' the individual simultaneous to punishing them. As some individuals due to their disadvantaged upbringing are more likely to commit utilitarian crimes compared to someone with an upbringing that provides everything they need and that have good opportunities to do well in terms of education.

I smell a sociology student.

Rape is not a utilitarian crime, so there really is no excuse (if a poor person steals from a big business to feed his family I get it etc).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by PendulumBoB
I smell a sociology student.

Rape is not a utilitarian crime, so there really is no excuse (if a poor person steals from a big business to feed his family I get it etc).

I've dropped that, I do law, politics, psychology and english literature. :wink: Does someone who has an okay-ish upbringing have a reason to rape? Compared to someone who has no aspirations in their lives?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending