The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mk II

TheFollowing the death of the last one, here it is before the mods close the old one! Let's all aim for 10,000 posts of work and motivation for this one!

Last thread:

10,000th post: 22KT22

10 posters Top

Useful

Places to buy cheap textbooks:
AbeBooks
Alibris
BookCascade
Oxfam

----

Online calculator to work out your grades

This calculator not only works out what grade you're sitting on, but also what you need to get in the rest of the module to get a certain grade and what grade you'll get if you achieve X mark in the exam etc. Very useful if you have assignments weighing different percentages etc

Motivation

Pictures

Videos

If anyone has any useful links, just quote me and I'll link them - it would be really nice if we could make this thread (and the first page or so for easy reference) a little guidebook of sorts to uni life and study.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

are we not all done with exams?
There is always more studying to be done at uni!
Reply 3
Indeed there is. Finished exams on the 16th but I still have an essay from last semester to finish off that's due on the 8th. Before all other reading that I have to do of course.

I have no life, I did consciously try to get the 10,000th post.
Reply 4
Woo new thread :cute:

Trying to stay ahead with everything, which means very little time to post :colondollar: all going well, but hoping I can keep this up :laugh:

Started word processing my assignments because my handwriting's gone down the drain: think it's because I'm a bit ill :laugh: but really impressed with how good they look, plus it's now easy to archive them to look back at for exam time: for the shorter ones thinking of using word's comment feature to add in the marks/comments when I get them back :yep: on the downside if I leave something until the day before have to wake up early to print it at the library :nothing:

Need to do:

Laundry

Exoplanets Assignment 1: Monday (almost done!)

Atomic + Nuclear assignment 2: Friday

Continue lab report: Thursday 9th

Catch up on the medical Physics lecture I missed

Continue writing up lecture notes in neat (almost up to date with exoplanets)

Do notes for week 16
Hello new procrastination... I mean work thread. Yes, work... what I have been doing all day *guilty look*.
Updated the OP with some stuff that people might find motivating (hey, exams are over - go and procrastinate by checking them out, it is the best form of procrastination!). Has anyone got anything else they want added to the OP?
To
Today
- Tidy room
- Clean bathroom
- Do long essay plan

Tomorrow
- Finish essay plan
- Greece seminar work

I have so much work to do :afraid: do not want!
Reply 9
It says a lot that I joined the last thread a year late, yet still featured among the top posters. I meant to have an hours nap before getting on with some work, however I've only just woken up. I will do the American History notes though whilst watching Take Me Out (my guilty pleasure)
After friends I'm going to read another chapter of the novel I need to have read by Tues, then look over Thursday's lec I missed. Then I need to attempt to start reading for my Romantic seminar!
4th top poster :moon:

Going out tonight :biggrin:
Original post by TobeTheHero
are we not all done with exams?

No. No we are not. I don't finish until the 7th Feb.
How do we find out top posters?!
yay new thread!
Original post by hothedgehog

it says on amelianas first post which is the first post of this thread
Reply 16
*joins and watches*

also Jobs to do over intersemester break:

Tomorrow:
Hoover room,
do several loads of washing
find some food

Rest of the week:
Finish writing chapters 1 and 2 of dissertation (should have been done before christmas)
Start and finish chapter 3 of dissertation
Do all data work for dissertation
Fill in forms for graduate job
Visit Boyfriends Gran (will be a whole day)

And of course the vital catch up on all telly missed during exams.

Can't help but feel i'm being slightly overambitious for one week :s-smilie:
Reply 17
:frown: Don't you just hate it when you start programming in the morning and then just look at the clock and think? WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? :'(

Go to the forum the thread is in and click on the number under 'number of posts' or 'posts' or whatever it's called on the right hand side.
Original post by jelly1000
it says on amelianas first post which is the first post of this thread

WOO! Third! *needs a life*

Latest