The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Right, up to 261 words, was at 300 but most of that was my intro which was way too long seeing as the report is only 1,250 words so cut some out. Going to crash now.
So my first week back at uni was spiffing (lol), I actually attended all of my classes! I really hope this level of motivation remains for the rest of the semester. Dissertation work tomorrow :woo: (not). Tonight I had an 'omg what am I going to do once I graduate?!' hour or two...kind of just ignoring that part of my brain for the next 4 or 5 months tbh!
Just bought 5 books for my course for £30, so just over the price one of them would have been. Bloody love second hand books. Also now means that I don't have to go to the library :teehee: And I obviously have them for easy reference for coursework and exams. :woo: That was the last of my money until next week though. My birthday this weekend could be very tight...
Reply 243
I could punch my flatmate. I am so tired as he decided to have his mate over and make a racket until 3:30am. I had a 9am lecture. Tutorial to go and then nap. I should get straight on with proof reading and improving my essay but I just can't focus.
Original post by Kim-x
I could punch my flatmate. I am so tired as he decided to have his mate over and make a racket until 3:30am. I had a 9am lecture. Tutorial to go and then nap. I should get straight on with proof reading and improving my essay but I just can't focus.

Just punch him hehe :P I had a similar experience except I had an exam the next day and some international students decided to talk allllll night, really loud!!! grrr

Must find some motivation now, I'm finding it hard to get out of Christmas holiday mode, someone motivate me :smile:
Right, plan for today
-Attend 1pm Politics lecture
-Attend half 3 Politics seminar
-Get up to 500 words on my Politics report- this one may be slightly optimistic as still have a paragraph of theory to write about that I don't understand.
Just got emailed the brief for our masters project write up. I feel like I can finally start actually writing it. I think plan for today is like this:

lunch
haircut
read a paper
write skeleton plan for project - will need to be bulked later when I know more
if time consider data for project
dinner
cocktail party
Phone call from work this morning to ask if I could work up to 2 days a week for the next 2 months. That works out at about £120/week for 2 months! And I can easily fit in 2 days around my timetable.
Just finished putting all my deadlines into my planner. Good God there are a lot. I'm still a good month from my first one, but it gets crazy busy at one period so I want to start cracking some out. I think I'll try to do the non-assessed ones next week. They're not due for ages but at least I'll get them out of the way.
Reply 249
Recruitment agencies are hard work. I'm supposed to be improving my essay buy I've spent the last hour or so filling out a form asking a lot of questions, some of which are contradictory.
Going to snap with a flatmate very soon. I feel like **** and I just don't need their noise right now. It's the ****ing whistling 24/7.
Reply 251
Original post by Aemiliana
Going to snap with a flatmate very soon. I feel like **** and I just don't need their noise right now. It's the ****ing whistling 24/7.

This! Especially when it's in the early hours and I'm having enough trouble sleeping as it is.
Right, been to all classes for the day. Got a leaflet about being a campus ambassador as I came out of my lecture which I'm definitely going for. Only thing is they haven't made things clear at all. They gave a list of times for interview and didn't make clear if you had to book or just turn up, thankfully cleared that one now. And it isn't clear if we are supposed to a presentation for the interview or just talk.

Anyway back to this report...
Turns out I'm not handing in my lab book, so I'm not updating it. Just doing some admin work tonight i.e. looking at writing the cover letter and might apply for a job (however the job I want to apply for doesn't have an option to apply even though it's being advertised!). Will have a look at the assignment due in monday tonight, but not going to do any of it. Just so I can see how much needs to be done really. I still have 2 hours before I have to leave for work so I have some time. Have been relaxing a bit since I got back in from labs.
Alcohol time. :smile: Didn't do much work today but I did start sewing my camp blanket and get my hair cut so that's two annoying things gotten out of the way!
Finally getting somewhere with this report, up to 448 words already, although I can tell its going to go over by a lot.
Changed my modules today from Medieval Magic to Race, Gender and Cultural Protest in America from 1865 :-)

to do:

- catch up with seminar 1 and 2 readings for my new module
- watch gone with the wind for said module (3 hours, :mad:)
- do queens and queenship seminar reading
- do germany seminar reading
- start thinking about which essays I'm gonna do

Feeling seriously down again today which isn't making this pile of work any easier.
Reaaallllly need to go to the library. Don't know whether to go tomorrow or just have a chill day then doing the things I can do at home. Then go on Sunday.

Oh who am I kidding, I'll end up asleep till 12pm tomorrow so I guess I'm spending Sunday in the library.
Reply 258
Finally got accommodation sorted.

Got quite a lot of work to do tomorrow and I also need to go food shopping just for the basics - bread etc.

To do tomorrow:

Read chapters for marketing
European Politics seminar prep
food shop
Reply 259
Can't believe they're giving us Twilight movie as a study material!! :s-smilie: I can live with Enchanted, but Twilight is a no no..

Latest

Trending

Trending