The Student Room Group
Hey all

I want to do a credit transfer and apply for a Masters - anyone know whether I need 2 academic references? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
shame I won't be here to see the end of the thread!

see you all in Mk II :tongue:
Original post by cpdavis

Oh no :frown: so sad to hear this :frown: :hugs:

Original post by Antifazian
Sorry this happened, not what you need :console:

It's okay. I've gotten over it now, pretty much. I'm just going to focus on the rest and if I do get a low mark, I'm going to speak to my lecturer and get her to help me boost my mark for the next assignment really. It's all I can do now.
Went to collect my NMR spectra. THEY LOOK LIKE THEY SHOULD XDDD
My classmates told me my method in my coursework was wrong but I completely don't get their analysis. They used a certain formula but we're given none of the variables so I don't see how they could do it.

Never got along with my classmates anyway :bawling:
Decided there is no point trying to force myself to work tonight when I'm tired and not in a brilliant mood, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to plough through things.
I don't get extra time for my exam tomorrow.

Brilliant way to end my module.
Original post by chickenonsteroids

:frown:
Best of luck anyway man, you can do it :rolleyes:

ohdear. what happened
Got stuck on 100 words when the question said "no more than 200 words".
Original post by SecretDuck

It's worse when you finish a 1500 word essay and think, that's as concise as it's going to get, brilliant.
To then realize you're on 1850 words.... :frown:
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
It's worse when you finish a 1500 word essay and think, that's as concise as it's going to get, brilliant.

True, it seems harder to cut down than to...ahem...bulk up the word count.
True, it seems harder to cut down than to...ahem...bulk up the word count.

I know :sadnod:

I'd get stuck on that too, mostly because either 1) I have no more words to say or 2) I don't know how to cut down my words BY SO MUCH.

---------

818 words for my dissertation so far. I think I am getting somewhere, slowly but surely. Will give myself a break once I have reached 1000 words. That's 1/8 or 1/9 down then with lots of time to spare. :smile:
Next year, I will DEFINITELY cut back on the amount of projects/pro-bono activities I join. I am having such a hard time balancing everything, especially with a job. I've committed too much time on everything for me to just inconspicuously leave now.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep at a reasonable time today and still finish everything on my to-do list, so my goal is to go to bed at 3 which will hopefully let me do everything whilst still giving me enough time to sleep (sort of) as I won't have to be up till 8 tomorrow anyway.
Ugh, supposed to be doing research for my group presentation on Friday, and I just can't be bothered with it. I really want to do it, but the closer to the end of term it's getting, the more and more my brain is refusing to kick into gear.

I just want to go home now and chill out.
Reply 9976
Decent day today, got 70% in my group discussion worth 25% of my final grade and 100% in my in-class test worth 30% in another module.
Reply 9977
3 hour assessed lab tomorrow scared doesn't even cover it :frown:
Didn't get marks back. Annoyed. Looks like I'll be gurning in the middle of the library at some point this week then, while being continually on edge and grumpy as I await my very **** 40. Or maybe worse.

I hate essays. I hate uni.

Also, wow. A new thread soon?!
(edited 10 years ago)
Doing a mass of replies this morning. Can't sleep. Procrastination it is!

:frown: This sucks. Good luck, hopefully everything works out for you :smile:

Original post by jelly1000
Decided there is no point trying to force myself to work tonight when I'm tired and not in a brilliant mood, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to plough through things.

Sensible decision, I find when you're tired nothing goes in anyway! Better to start when you're going to absorb info/work more productively.

My classmates told me my method in my coursework was wrong but I completely don't get their analysis. They used a certain formula but we're given none of the variables so I don't see how they could do it.

Never got along with my classmates anyway :bawling:

Sounds mathsy. Therefore sounds impossible to me. Hopefully your technique is right and they look like morons :tongue:

Original post by .snowflake.
Went to collect my NMR spectra. THEY LOOK LIKE THEY SHOULD XDDD

**** YES!

Original post by Ducklighter
It's okay. I've gotten over it now, pretty much. I'm just going to focus on the rest and if I do get a low mark, I'm going to speak to my lecturer and get her to help me boost my mark for the next assignment really. It's all I can do now.

At least you're being sensible and calm about it. Definitely the best approach. Best of luck for the next assignment, hoping you ace it!

Original post by + polarity -
shame I won't be here to see the end of the thread!

see you all in Mk II :tongue:

Why won't you stay another day...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXR5dgRmO0

(I am too rare).

Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW

Hate when this happens. Happens to me on every essay. Hate. Hate. Hate.

Original post by BeyondandAbove
I'd get stuck on that too, mostly because either 1) I have no more words to say or 2) I don't know how to cut down my words BY SO MUCH.

---------

818 words for my dissertation so far. I think I am getting somewhere, slowly but surely. Will give myself a break once I have reached 1000 words. That's 1/8 or 1/9 down then with lots of time to spare. :smile:

Yay! Congrats on the progress!

Original post by Pensivedore
Next year, I will DEFINITELY cut back on the amount of projects/pro-bono activities I join. I am having such a hard time balancing everything, especially with a job. I've committed too much time on everything for me to just inconspicuously leave now.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep at a reasonable time today and still finish everything on my to-do list, so my goal is to go to bed at 3 which will hopefully let me do everything whilst still giving me enough time to sleep (sort of) as I won't have to be up till 8 tomorrow anyway.

Going to bed at 3am and up at 8am?! God, how do you do that?! I'm going to bed now (hopefully sleeping by 2, up at 7.30) and I know I'm going to be wrecked. I envy your ability to not crumble with little sleep :tongue:

Original post by Machop
Decent day today, got 70% in my group discussion worth 25% of my final grade and 100% in my in-class test worth 30% in another module.

Wow, well done! Hope you're feeling proud of yourself :smile:

Original post by Energy_Purple
Ugh, supposed to be doing research for my group presentation on Friday, and I just can't be bothered with it. I really want to do it, but the closer to the end of term it's getting, the more and more my brain is refusing to kick into gear.

I just want to go home now and chill out.

Good luck for your presentation! Know the feeling, I just can't wait to be off for Christmas to catch up on sleep!

Original post by lilGem
3 hour assessed lab tomorrow scared doesn't even cover it :frown:

Good luck! Hopefully all goes well for you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending