The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Im still studying for it. I've got another 7/8 weeks left to cover the material and then 4 weeks after that to revise over it again thoroughly :smile: thats for PSYA1 and PSYA2 though :P
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1664763&page=8&highlight=psya2+notes

if anyone needs notes i found this thread on tsr which has good detailed notes posted, thank god
This is notes and every PowerPoint lesson my sixth form has aswell as revision checklists guides booklets and much more, if anyone needs them

Topics Covered: PSYA2 (The same for everyone) PSYA3 Biological Rhythms & Sleep, Relationships, Aggression PSYA4 Schizophrenia, Anomalistic Psychology, Research Methods

Hope all this stuff helps people, I know i've got everything necessary for me to revise for PSYA2,3 and 4 now *sigh* lol

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c4c0...ychology_A.rar
Original post by youngzwavey
This is notes and every PowerPoint lesson my sixth form has aswell as revision checklists guides booklets and much more, if anyone needs them

Topics Covered: PSYA2 (The same for everyone) PSYA3 Biological Rhythms & Sleep, Relationships, Aggression PSYA4 Schizophrenia, Anomalistic Psychology, Research Methods

Hope all this stuff helps people, I know i've got everything necessary for me to revise for PSYA2,3 and 4 now *sigh* lol

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c4c0...ychology_A.rar

the link doesnt work

and good luck!
You guys have already started revising?! I haven't even finished the course content yet!
i put it in my sig for everyone having trouble :smile: should be working now, same to you :smile:
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
You guys have already started revising?! I haven't even finished the course content yet!

lool well some schools do psya2 first then 1 so some people might be revising for a unit 2 resit. I'm in my A2 year trying to pull up my psya2 grade to an A. alot of people are resitting unit 1/2 to get extra marks because of how hard the psya3 exam was this year
Reply 27
we finnished abnormality, half way through stress i think
lool well some schools do psya2 first then 1 so some people might be revising for a unit 2 resit. I'm in my A2 year trying to pull up my psya2 grade to an A. alot of people are resitting unit 1/2 to get extra marks because of how hard the psya3 exam was this year

Oh, I see. My teacher is new to the whole A level teaching stuff, so we started out as usual. We're half way through the social topic, are we behind?
Reply 29
Course wise. We've finished abnormality. We'll have finished Social Conformity next week - I think. So it'll only be stress left? :h:
Original post by Deyesy
Course wise. We've finished abnormality. We'll have finished Social Conformity next week - I think. So it'll only be stress left? :h:

Are you working backwards? We did stress first and are now half way through social conformity. How was abnormality for you? Is it an interesting topic?
Reply 31
Are you working backwards? We did stress first and are now half way through social conformity. How was abnormality for you? Is it an interesting topic?

Uh. By the looks of the textbook I have, we have :colonhash: She wanted to get abnormality out the way since it's a rather big topic. Not too bad. Pretty straight forward once you've gone over it a few times :smile: The Cognitive Approach is applying Operant and Classical conditioning to abnormality. Psychodynamic approach is Freud being mad again. The Behaviourist approach is just us observing and imitating behaviour. The Biological is genes, brain damage, biochemical imbalances and virus's.

Interesting? Yeah I'd say so :yes: Especially if you get to watch 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Next' :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
Uh. By the looks of the textbook I have, we have :colonhash: She wanted to get abnormality out the way since it's a rather big topic. Not too bad. Pretty straight forward once you've gone over it a few times :smile: The Cognitive Approach is applying Operant and Classical conditioning to abnormality. Psychodynamic approach is Freud being mad again. The Behaviourist approach is just us observing and imitating behaviour. The Biological is genes, brain damage, biochemical imbalances and virus's.

Interesting? Yeah I'd say so :yes: Especially if you get to watch 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Next' :smile:

Ooh, sounds interesting. I have to warn you, stress isn't as exciting as Abnormality seems.
Reply 33
Ooh, sounds interesting. I have to warn you, stress isn't as exciting as Abnormality seems.

I hated stress when I did this exam first time. Infact the fact I got a U in this unit, says it all :facepalm:
Original post by Deyesy
I hated stress when I did this exam first time. Infact the fact I got a U in this unit, says it all :facepalm:

Lol, the stress unit is a tad tedious. Hope you manage that A* this time round! :h:
Reply 35
Lol, the stress unit is a tad tedious. Hope you manage that A* this time round! :h:

I'll be happy enough with a B if I'm completely honest :tongue: Everyone else on here - including yourself will end up with A's no doubt :colonhash:
Original post by Deyesy
I'll be happy enough with a B if I'm completely honest :tongue: Everyone else on here - including yourself will end up with A's no doubt :colonhash:

Lol, i'd love an A, but I have a ridiculously intense interest in psychology and psychiatry. I read up on random neuro disabilities, just for fun, however sad that sounds. :colondollar:
Oh, I see. My teacher is new to the whole A level teaching stuff, so we started out as usual. We're half way through the social topic, are we behind?

i'd say your right on time however the amount of stuff to get your head around in the final topic may mean less revision time with the teacher as some people will likely need some extra time to go over things
i'd say your right on time however the amount of stuff to get your head around in the final topic may mean less revision time with the teacher as some people will likely need some extra time to go over things

Damn!...but, fair point. :rolleyes:
Reply 39
what book are you guys using for this exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending