The Student Room Group

To ladies: What height is a "short" guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fleming1928
It's good enough

Well there you go then! These men exist!

For I am one...
Original post by TorpidPhil
Well there you go then! These men exist!

For I am one...

Haha I know they exist, clearly just not in my area :laugh:
Haha I know they exist, clearly just not in my area :laugh:

Eh I'm sure they do. They're probably just hiding in their bedrooms insecure about their height wishing they could find a lovely 5ft girl who could accept them for what they were born with rather than rejecting them instantly on something as superficial as height.
Eh I'm sure they do. They're probably just hiding in their bedrooms insecure about their height wishing they could find a lovely 5ft girl who could accept them for what they were born with rather than rejecting them instantly on something as superficial as height.

I wish that was the case :redface: Anyone who rejects someone instantly without at least attempting to get to know them is clearly not worth the time in the first place. But hey, do you think people never judge me by my height? It's always the first comment they make.
Anyone below 5'10. 5'10 is reasonable height.
I wish that was the case :redface: Anyone who rejects someone instantly without at least attempting to get to know them is clearly not worth the time in the first place. But hey, do you think people never judge me by my height? It's always the first comment they make.

They definitely do judge you for your height darling haha.

And people definitely judge me for mine.

but you just have to deal with that. It's what we got so we gotta work with as best as we can.

Confidence always triumphs in the end and makes you seem like a wholly attractive person.

People will judge and they say being shorter affects all sorts of things such as how well people will rate your arguments in a debate (regardless of content) and numerous other things.

Yet all these things can be more than compensated for by other factions such as benevolence. Being hygienic. Dressing well. And so on...

I'm pretty sure it is the case tbh. Shorter guys often are more insecure - and for good reason. If you seek them out I'm sure you will find they will be delighted to get interest from a girl regardless of her height, taller, or, smaller.
Original post by IronicalMan
I am nearly there haha, my dad was 6ft when he was my age so I am worried I won't be as tall as him, he's still bigger than me tho

My dad is 5'7 and I'm only 5'4 at 20 :L

My brother is 17 and he's 5'4 too.

My mum is 5'3.
They definitely do judge you for your height darling haha.

And people definitely judge me for mine.

but you just have to deal with that. It's what we got so we gotta work with as best as we can.

Confidence always triumphs in the end and makes you seem like a wholly attractive person.

People will judge and they say being shorter affects all sorts of things such as how well people will rate your arguments in a debate (regardless of content) and numerous other things.

Yet all these things can be more than compensated for by other factions such as benevolence. Being hygienic. Dressing well. And so on...

I'm pretty sure it is the case tbh. Shorter guys often are more insecure - and for good reason. If you seek them out I'm sure you will find they will be delighted to get interest from a girl regardless of her height, taller, or, smaller.

I know. I definitely don't see my height as a bad thing, I've been stuck with it for years and so had plenty of time to work on things which could make up for it, including confidence. What really helped was looking at people who were also relatively short, yet were very successful. Prince is a good example, he seemed to be bursting with confidence even though he was just 5'2. Unfortunately the only person I could think of who was 5'4 would be Stalin, but it still proves the point that height does not determine how seriously people take you. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending