The Student Room Group

Psychology G543 exam- June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
stressing out so much over this exam!! doing health and forensic, and still havent finished the course!! there so much to learn!
Reply 81
Original post by beccaa:)
stressing out so much over this exam!! doing health and forensic, and still havent finished the course!! there so much to learn!

Are you doing 3 or 4 sections for health and crime?
Reply 82
Original post by jessplease
Are you doing 3 or 4 sections for health and crime?

we're doing all four, as last year my teacher missed out reaching a verdict, and two questions came up on it so she thinks its too risky to do again!
HELP!!!
iv been mainly revising forensic atm but when it comes to me doing my revision for health our teacher has told us to do healthy living, stress and disorders but she originally said months ago that if we do disorders we need to do dysfunctional behaviour because theyre the same but now shes saying we dont need to do both ..
does anyone know if you HAVE to do disorders AND dsyfunctional behaviour :frown: ?
thankyou
Reply 84
Original post by beccaa:)
we're doing all four, as last year my teacher missed out reaching a verdict, and two questions came up on it so she thinks its too risky to do again!

Appaz they've got to have questions from three different topics so the worst that can happen is you will have to do 2 questions and you don't have a choice :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by JessChappers01
HELP!!!
iv been mainly revising forensic atm but when it comes to me doing my revision for health our teacher has told us to do healthy living, stress and disorders but she originally said months ago that if we do disorders we need to do dysfunctional behaviour because theyre the same but now shes saying we dont need to do both ..
does anyone know if you HAVE to do disorders AND dsyfunctional behaviour :frown: ?
thankyou

No you don’t have to. They’re two separate units so there will never be a combined dysfunctional behaviour/disorders question. Some of the studies in dysfunctional behaviour are also in disorders which is probably what your teacher means. But you’ll be fine revising one but not the other. I’m leaving out disorders because it’s the one I hate the most even though it didn’t come up last time.
Reply 86
I'm leaving out healthy living and turning to crime. No point learning all 4 topics!

Does anyone know if you can get away with just revising dysfunctional behaviour and use the same information for disorders because my teacher said they're practically the same :s-smilie:
I'm really confused because in my text book they use the same studies and stuff.
Can someone explain the difference between the two topics?
Thanks xx
Original post by -Haz-
No you don’t have to. They’re two separate units so there will never be a combined dysfunctional behaviour/disorders question. Some of the studies in dysfunctional behaviour are also in disorders which is probably what your teacher means. But you’ll be fine revising one but not the other. I’m leaving out disorders because it’s the one I hate the most even though it didn’t come up last time.

Thanks that helps a lot as far as I'm aware in disorders my teacher has said to cover the characteristics of phobis, explanations of phobias and treatments of phobias..
Is this correct because I don't want to just learn phobias then find out that a Question comes up on schizophrenia or something..
My teacher said all the past questions have asked something like explain explanations of either anxiety, etc etc
Thank you :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by JessChappers01
Thanks that helps a lot as far as I'm aware in disorders my teacher has said to cover the characteristics of phobis, explanations of phobias and treatments of phobias..
Is this correct because I don't want to just learn phobias then find out that a Question comes up on schizophrenia or something..
My teacher said all the past questions have asked something like explain explanations of either anxiety, etc etc
Thank you :smile:

It will ask you in the question 'for any one disorder' so you usually learn depending on your school either all of the sections on depression, all on schizophrenia or all on phobias, but you should know the basics for each of those so that you can use them as examples if they ask a question on 'characteristics of anxiety/psychotic/affective' let me know if that makes sense aha:smile:
Reply 89
Original post by akindrat18
I hav five exams;

G541 - May 23rd
G543 - June 11th
G544 - June 18th
F214 - June 22th
F215 - June 15th

my exams are spaced out in june from 2-3 days which is good.

Ahh thats good you have a lot of gaps inbetween! i sadly dont...

Btw in the G544 exam in January what came up on the B section apart from the approaches question? Was it a method question?? and if so what method did they question on?? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by Hanz_a93
Ahh thats good you have a lot of gaps inbetween! i sadly dont...

Btw in the G544 exam in January what came up on the B section apart from the approaches question? Was it a method question?? and if so what method did they question on?? Thanks! :smile:

It was about the experiments. most of the class took the social approach, but they then dread the last question on it. Fortunately for me i didn't revise the social approach and did the experiments, which was ok as i talked about all 3 experiments and not only one like some others did at college and i got 55/100 marks
Reply 91
Any one know what came up in the jan paper for health and crime? :smile:

also my teacher said to revise two topics from each crime and health, inside out and we'll be fine
should i take that risk? :s
Original post by sasha165
Any one know what came up in the jan paper for health and crime? :smile:

also my teacher said to revise two topics from each crime and health, inside out and we'll be fine
should i take that risk? :s

definatly DO NOT take hat risk because last year for example 2 reaching a verdict questions came up so say youd leanr turning to crime & making a case and thats it then 2 questions on reaching a verdict then one on after a guilty verdict and turning to crime you would only be able to answer one set of a & b questions because you hadnt learn reaching a verdict and after a guilty verdict and youd be screwed! definatley do at least 3 from crime and 3 from health :smile:
Reply 93
anyone know of any predicted questions or sections? and how are you guys revising the second part of the essays?
Reply 94
anybody have any predictions about whats going to come up?
Reply 95
hey guys :smile:

so today i got back an essay i did last week, my part B question wasnt bad, but for my part A my mark was pretty low :/

I've been doing okay in health, but for crime my marks have been okay for some questions and low for other questions, my teacher said that for part A we dont have to know the study that well its more about referring back and using the study as evidence to answer the question, but i dont really understand how your meant to do this :/

I would really appreciate it if someone could possibly send me any model answers for forensic especially or a structure for a question?

thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 96
Found this, on how to answer A and B questions. Found it pretty useful..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSzlWkI2Juk
Reply 97
Original post by Dima.K
Found this, on how to answer A and B questions. Found it pretty useful..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSzlWkI2Juk

Oh yeah I saw that ages ago.. it’s quite helpful. Only thing that confused me was when he said we should be writing about 2-3 studies in the part A question. I was under the impression we only need to include one study in part A :confused:
Reply 98
whats the difference between a sentence being custodial or non-custodial? :frown:
Reply 99
whats the difference between suicide, misadventure and self0inflicted injury - they're all types of deaths according to my booklet but i don't understand the difference :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending