The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by morris743
:facepalm:

It was this or mouldy toast. I like my ice cream better.
Reply 7981
Rachel has great taste buds.
Original post by Deyesy
Rachel has great taste buds.

lol
Oh yeah :smile:
I was just reading the 'AS/A level results day' thread and its making me nervous about getting my results for my degree.....and I haven't even sat the exams yet :facepalm2:
Nothing right with them.

I agreeeeeeee
Original post by Jaydiee
I was just reading the 'AS/A level results day' thread and its making me nervous about getting my results for my degree.....and I haven't even sat the exams yet :facepalm2:

keep_calm01.jpg
Reply 7987
I'm gutted at a B :facepalm:
Original post by Jaydiee

This could cheer you up. :biggrin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17295576
Original post by Deyesy
But there are CLEAR differences between Libya and Syria?

I know, I know. I should be thankful that we have it.

I agree. There are differences but I think to some people it's hard to understand why you stick up for one group of people's freedom but not another.

You seem to be really interested in politics. Have you ever seen The West Wing? If you haven't then I can't recommend it enough. Possibly the best £50 I ever spent on a box set.

Original post by Deyesy

It's good that you're gutted because it means you set your sights higher but a B is better than a C and it's an improvement on your original grade, isn't it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7990
Original post by TheMagicRat
I agree. There are differences but I think to some people it's hard to understand why you stick up for one group of people's freedom but not another.

You seem to be really interested in politics. Have you ever seen The West Wing? If you haven't then I can't recommend it enough. Possibly the best £50 I ever spent on a box set.

It's good that you're gutted because it means you set your sights higher but a B is better than a C and it's an improvement on your original grade, isn't it?

It's just when people go on about Britain being the 'world's police force'. We'd NEVER get involved in Syria and there was people who wanted us to pull out of Afghanistan because of the 6 tragic deaths recently. I was shouting at the screen 'We're strategically withdrawing and we'll be out by 2014!', pulling out immediately would cause absolute chaos. And 'sticking up for one group of people's freedom but not another' is too simplistic >.<

I'll give it a look :h:

My predicted grade is an A, so I kind of feel as though I've let myself down :/ In this unit? I got a D in it when I first sat it 2 years ago so in this specific unit I've gone up 2 grades :h:
Original post by Deyesy
It's just when people go on about Britain being the 'world's police force'. We'd NEVER get involved in Syria and there was people who wanted us to pull out of Afghanistan because of the 6 tragic deaths recently. I was shouting at the screen 'We're strategically withdrawing and we'll be out by 2014!', pulling out immediately would cause absolute chaos. And 'sticking up for one group of people's freedom but not another' is too simplistic >.<

I'll give it a look :h:

My predicted grade is an A, so I kind of feel as though I've let myself down :/ In this unit? I got a D in it when I first sat it 2 years ago so in this specific unit I've gone up 2 grades :h:

I don't think I'll ever get my head round that. I don't understand how you can announce the end of a war before the end of a war. It seems ludicrous to me. The Taliban know how long to hang on for and whilst I don't expect them to just roll up into Kabul and take power back because the Afghan forces should be effective enough but they have information that they shouldn't have. It can't even be a deceptive timeline because if there isn't a withdrawal by 2014 the Cameron is done given that the general election would a year later.

Oh right. As long as you know you tried your best then you can't have let yourself down. Were you close to getting an A?
(edited 12 years ago)
Today would have been perfect for a picnic in the park. Sucks being single.

Well done on your grade Daisy, B's very respectable.
Original post by Deyesy

You should be proud of that. These things can be slightly unpredictably skewed, so imagine getting a C or a D :eek: Be very happy about where you are and keep aiming for the very highest next time.
Reply 7994
Original post by TheMagicRat
I don't think I'll ever get my head round that. I don't understand how you can announce the end of a war before the end of a war. It seems ludicrous to me. The Taliban know how long to hang on for and whilst I don't expect them to just roll up into Kabul and take power back because the Afghan forces should be effective enough but they have information that they shouldn't have. It can't even be a deceptive timeline because if there isn't a withdrawal by 2014 the Cameron is done given that the general election would a year later.

Oh right. As long as you know you tried your best then you can't have let yourself down. Were you close to getting an A?

I don't think it was ever a 'war' per sé? To be honest, I'd rather have Cameron and Osborne in power instead of Miliband and Balls...

There's always the thought that you could have done more :/ 4 marks off an A >.<

Original post by spiral87
Today would have been perfect for a picnic in the park. Sucks being single.

Well done on your grade Deyesy, B's very respectable.

Well it's the 2nd best grade I could have gotten so I guess >.<

You should be proud of that. These things can be slightly unpredictably skewed, so imagine getting a C or a D :eek: Be very happy about where you are and keep aiming for the very highest next time.

Well I'm going to be pretty, pretty determined to pick up the 4 marks I missed out on in January's paper in June and come out with an overall A at the end of year. I'm happy it's a two grade improvement and that I'm not wasting the mother's money :colonhash:
Original post by Deyesy

Well I'm going to be pretty, pretty determined to pick up the 4 marks I missed out on in January's paper in June and come out with an overall A at the end of year. I'm happy it's a two grade improvement and that I'm not wasting the mother's money :colonhash:

Which unis you applying to mate?
Reply 7996
Original post by Deyesy

I wouldn’t be…I know quite a few people who do psychology and would give anything to get a b. well done!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Deyesy

:console: On the bright side, at least it's not a C,D,E or U :biggrin:

B is pretty good :yep:

Is Psychology what you're gonna study at uni? (sorry if I've asked this before, I forget)
Lol, the majority of people I know who did Psychology failed. :rofl2:

I shouldn't be laughing. :colonhash:

Latest