The Student Room Group

Mature student finance

Looking at studying midwifery at university and I am a mature student. I was just wondering how other mature students coped with the financial side of things? Did you find you had enough money to still support you other half with paying bills and mortgage? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by MJ02!
Looking at studying midwifery at university and I am a mature student. I was just wondering how other mature students coped with the financial side of things? Did you find you had enough money to still support you other half with paying bills and mortgage? Thanks :smile:

Hey,

I'm just about to start uni so have been spending some time getting my finances in order.
Long story short ideally I needed to find a steady income to pay the monthly bills (working 12- 20hours per week)
The bursary is fab and will really help but definitely worth finding a side gig until you have completed your 3ish months to be able to do some bank shifts for the NHS, mainly for health care assistance but that experience alone will inevitably help your overall knowledge of the trust etc.

Hope that helps x
Reply 2
I’m a single parent and I will get about £18k for my allied health degree. You’re probably looking at about £16k at least, depending on your partner’s income :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending