The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

needing friends

hi im an undergrad at Exeter first year and haven't got a single friend on my module, I do ba sociology and criminology and wanted to ask if there was anyone on here who needed a study buddy or someone to be friends with because at this point I wont lie I'm bored of being lonely and would definitely love some company
Original post by Anonymous
hi im an undergrad at Exeter first year and haven't got a single friend on my module, I do ba sociology and criminology and wanted to ask if there was anyone on here who needed a study buddy or someone to be friends with because at this point I wont lie I'm bored of being lonely and would definitely love some company

hi...bit of a random question about exeter in general. is it a very diverse uni? ive heard its one of the least diverse unis in england (like less than 10% or something)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Are you still looking for someone, I do crim in exe x

heyyy, i do comsci, but would deffo be down to make new friends :smile:
Hi there,

I hope you're settling in and enjoying your time at Exeter so far! It's great to see you are reaching out and open to making new friends - the first few weeks of university can be really difficult, especially as you try to navigate a new social scene!

There are a few things I found really helpful as I tried to make new friends at Exeter. The first was joining as many extra-curriculars and societies as I could. For me, this included running society and film society - both allowed me to spend time with like-minded people and expand my interests in certain areas. It was also just a great time to be surrounded by different people and integrate into the student community as much as possible. It was definitely daunting joining at first, but keep in mind everyone is in the same boat, so don't be afraid to show up and get involved!
You might also find that as the term goes on, you are put into group projects in your seminars, or sit next to the same few people in your lectures. Take time to make conversation and get to know the people on your course - it is likely you will be with a lot of these people for the next few years, so forming some sort of relationship with them might be worthwhile!

Above all, I would recommend staying positive and taking your time. There is no pressure to have formed a close group of friends by now - you will have plenty of time to meet new people and form strong friendships throughout your time here! Be kind with yourself and enjoy the process.

Wishing you all the best during your time here!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Original post by diagonalstripes
Are you still looking for someone, I do crim in exe x

Hey, I'm also feeling a similar way and do geog in second year at Exe. Would be nice to meet you both
I'm in second year too, would be great to meet you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by diagonalstripes
I'm in second year too, would be great to meet you :smile:

What is your Snapchat or insta?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending