The Student Room Group

Unpopular Football Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Theo Walcott is underrated.
Original post by hbk4894

I completely disagree with you here. Theo Walcott isn't underrated, he has failed to fulfill his potential. Alex Oxlade Chamberlain is a lot better than Theo Walcott in my opinion.
Reply 582
Original post by hbk4894

Walcott is absolute ****e.

Ox is twice the player already.
Reply 583
The SPL without Rangers would be utter disasterous. I'm sure many reasoned Celtic fans would agree. in afct even if Rangers have to make do with scraps over the next years it turns the league into a race for the 2nd cl spot. Plus Rangers improved the uefa coefficient more than Celtic in recent years. I know there's moral hazard but SPL needs the old firm.
Original post by farhan
Back in 2009 during a TSR football meet (we were eating at Wetherspoons) I said David Villa is better than Torres, and that Torres is is overrated, he isn't that good. Everyone, in shock, disagreed..

He hasn't suddenly lost what he had 3 years ago. His lack of quality is just more obvious now. In that time, David Villa has moved to the best club in the world, lead Spain to winning the world cup, will lead Spain again in the Euros, and Torres certainly won't make the first team. (Unless there are injuries, but even then, Soldado/Llorente should play ahead of him.)

David Villa wont lead spain this year as he has a broken leg.

Regardless of what you think of Torres he has lost what he had 3 years ago as 3 years ago he scored 33 goals in 46 games.
Original post by Shabalala

Any journalist that tries to point out it was Liverpools fault is hounded and abused and the Liverpool fans try to make out it was the Juventus fans fault aswell when it clearly wasn't they were trying to get away from the Liverpool fans, another lie spready by them is that the Juventus fans had a gun it turned out to be a starting pistol and that was after the Liverpool fans had attacked Juventus fans. Another attempted get out of if by the Liverpool fans is that it wasn't their fault that the wall collapsed on the Juventus fans but what is less reported is that many Juventus fans died from stab wounds and from beatings.

Im an Everton fan and they're attitude towards Heysel is shaming, HOWEVER no fans died from stabbing or beatings. That's probably why it's 'less reported'.

Also the previous year Liverpool fans had been stabbed with impunity in Rome. As had all English fans who had the misfortune to play in Italy.

Please dont make it sound like juventus fans were all cuddly family men who lovea da mamma, cos it wasn't like that.
Original post by fazsaban
I'd also add my previous points that Ronaldo is overrated.

Messi and Ronaldo are overrated? Is there anyone you actually rate??
Reply 587
English journalists/ pundits attitudes are absolutely excruciating. The vast majority of them are so blind and ignorant to the fact that, yes, English players DO actually dive and play act and it's not just Italian/ Spanish players who do it.

Also, I could've sworn that on the Sunday Supplement a few months ago they were going on about how the Premier League should have more places in the champions League. Astonishing, considering how piss the prem is in terms of quality.
Original post by Leelad
Also, I could've sworn that on the Sunday Supplement a few months ago they were going on about how the Premier League should have more places in the champions League. Astonishing, considering how piss the prem is in terms of quality.

And you think English Journalists are ignorant and blind to facts.
Reply 589
Original post by raheem94
I completely disagree with you here. Theo Walcott isn't underrated, he has failed to fulfill his potential. Alex Oxlade Chamberlain is a lot better than Theo Walcott in my opinion.

Until he also 'Fails to fulfil his potential' right?'
Original post by Jim-Jam
Until he also 'Fails to fulfil his potential' right?'

Chamberlain will likely fulfill his potential, he looks a very determined lad and in a few year he will probably be the best english player of his generation.
Original post by simoncino
so you think he is underrated?

i think he have hat he deserves,{and of course not the opinion of the brits, i mean everything else}
The most vocal warrior fans have never been to a game before
Reply 593
that Man City will still win the premier league.
Reply 594
That isn't unpopular it is pretty much 50/50 :dontknow:
Reply 595
Edin Dzeko is massively overrated
Reply 596
Scott Parker is massively overrated.
Reply 597
Mancini is overrated. They're Out of all 4 cups and Utd have finally took top spot you just think they'll stay there with the experience they have. For City that's just not good enough.
Original post by hbk4894
Do you think you have any Football opinion(s) that could be considered unpopular or even 'controversial'?

Per Mertesacker is sehr gut...
Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Lionel Messi.
George Best is better than Lionel Messi.
Sky Sports over-hype Lionel Messi.
TSR over-hype Lionel Messi.

PS: Messi is one of my favourite players in the world. He's just over hyped because he's small and quick.

Stuff like this backs my point up;

(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest