University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The official UCL am I good enough / GCSE freak out thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Azh
Hey
Anyone aplying for biomedical engineering at ucl?
Any one knows when I might get a reply because other people im sure have at least got interviews?
Cuz Idk what to expect and I really want one from ucl!!!!

Help If anyone has any ideas.....please

I am applying as well. But I haven't submitted my applications yet. So, keep in touch. It's rare to find people who are applying the same course :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 381
Original post by pyaesone
I am applying as well. But I haven't submitted my applications yet. So, keep in touch. It's rare to find people who are applying the same course :biggrin:

Yes I know
And it's ages
I've been waiting for a reply

Been freaking out ever since I posted this

It's an offer I'm really waiting for

If you don't mind my asking
Where else have you applied or will be applying?
Reply 382
Original post by Azh
Yes I know
And it's ages

Planned to go for UCL, Imperial, Kings, Glasgow and Edinburgh. What about you?
Reply 383
Planned to go for UCL, Imperial, Kings, Glasgow and Edinburgh. What about you?

Ive gone for Oxford imperial ucl Sheffield and manchester
Reply 384
Original post by Azh

Heard anything from any of those choices yet?
Reply 385
Heard anything from any of those choices yet?

Offers from Sheffield and manchester
but a rejection from oxford

nothing else
Original post by Azh
Yes I know
And it's ages

I applied there too!
They are taking ages, maybe as its a new course? Its the only uni I havent heard from yet!
Reply 387
Original post by mtaki14
I applied there too!
They are taking ages, maybe as its a new course? Its the only uni I havent heard from yet!

Same with me
It's quite frustrating

i really hope they get back to me soon
Reply 388
Original post by Azh

I've applied for Civil Engineering at: Manchester, UCL, Imperial, Oxford and Bristol, which is pretty much the same as you :smile: (except it's civil engineering and I've applied to Bristol, not Sheffield).
Original post by GMT
I've applied for Civil Engineering at: Manchester, UCL, Imperial, Oxford and Bristol, which is pretty much the same as you :smile: (except it's civil engineering and I've applied to Bristol, not Sheffield).

mine are also quite the same as yours. Oxford, Imperial, Bath, Bristol and Edinburgh. already got 3 but still not heard from Oxford and just done interview in imperial this week xd
Reply 390
Original post by Cameron Chen
mine are also quite the same as yours. Oxford, Imperial, Bath, Bristol and Edinburgh. already got 3 but still not heard from Oxford and just done interview in imperial this week xd

For what course?
What Oxford college?
Original post by GMT
For what course?
What Oxford college?

engineering science and in worcester
Reply 392
engineering science and in worcester

Engineering science, like me. I applied to Keble and still haven't heard anything :s-smilie:
Have you got any offers? XD
Original post by GMT
Engineering science, like me. I applied to Keble and still haven't heard anything :s-smilie:
Have you got any offers? XD

got 3 like 2 months ago...but still 3 now. waiting for imperial and oxford..
Reply 394
got 3 like 2 months ago...but still 3 now. waiting for imperial and oxford..

What did you apply for? (What type of engineering course)

P.D. If you want, PM me
Reply 395
Original post by Traci Wyne
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. Does anyone know if an A level in English Language and Literature will be acceptable to Cambridge/UCL as an alternative to English Literature for an English degree? The CIE exam board does offer literature and language in English but it is only an AS level qualification.

In unique conditions (e.g. if your school only offers the combined course and not straight English Lit. or if your grades/PS/written work is outstanding) yes, they will accept it.
They prefer straight English lit, because it goes into much more detail and, though the English lang. side of the course can be highly complementary, it provides too wide a course, with no where near enough focus.
If possible, take English Lit. and Lang. separately; if you can use them well together, it can make you stand out. If not possible, take straight English Lit.
Hope this is helpful!
Reply 396
Hey guys, I'm looking to apply for Medicine at UCL for 2015 entry.

My predicted grades are A*A*A in Biology, Physics and Chemistry respectively, and I have 6A*, A and 2Bs at GCSE.

Is UCL a university worth applying for?
Hey everbody.

I am applying for English this year.

I got 8A*s and 4 As at GCSE, and am predicted 40 at IB with 7 in English and 6 in my other HLs. BUT I am doing Theatre and French as my other HLs. Does this affect my chance of getting interview? I am aware the course is competitive. What chance do I stand?
Reply 398
Ive applied for the Natural Sciences course at UCL.

9A*s at IGCSE
5As at As level
And predicted A*(Eco),A,A,A,A

My subjects at the A level are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics, Literature in English.

I just got rejected from Cambridge for the Natural Sciences course there. Wasnt even invited for the interview, so feeling a bit demotivated.

What are my chances at UCL?
Reply 399
My predicted for IB is 37/45 and the course I want to do is Biochemical Engineering which has an IB requirement of 36-39. What are my chances of getting into the course? My IGCSE grades were 2A*'s, 4A's, 3 B's, 1 C. The C was from Design and Technology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending