Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Nottingham Accommodation

Announcements Posted on
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judhika)
    Oh thank you yeah my friend stays there too, and seems to love it!

i wanted to ask how much you spend on shopping a week would you say? and the ups and downs of SPC? I'm pretty sure i know im gna stay there cos it sounds like just what i want

ooo how many people are in one flat btw?
    Shopping can be between £10 - £20 but this depends on whether I'm buying meat and chocolate and other treats, it really depends.

Advantages of SPC: free bus to town and uni, nice ensuites, self catered but still one of "the uni halls", very close to town so much cheaper taxis.

Disadvantages: if you are in new block, you can sometimes feel a bit left out, however there are still plenty of freshers in new block so it's really easy to make friends with people. I can't really think of any more things, if I do I will come back and post.

In my flat there are 5 people but there can be up to 7.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olddad)
    Fees for halls are paid by the term. If you are dependent on loans, let the accom people know and they will set payments dates to suit.
    thanks alot for the help do you know if all the halls on UP have large single studies? and if not, which ones do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Shopping can be between £10 - £20 but this depends on whether I'm buying meat and chocolate and other treats, it really depends.

Advantages of SPC: free bus to town and uni, nice ensuites, self catered but still one of "the uni halls", very close to town so much cheaper taxis.

Disadvantages: if you are in new block, you can sometimes feel a bit left out, however there are still plenty of freshers in new block so it's really easy to make friends with people. I can't really think of any more things, if I do I will come back and post.

How come?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsinghdahiya257)
    How come?
    Oh I'm not sure if you saw my post above.

Old block is basically all freshers but new block has freshers as well as postgrads. Not that many postgrads but still. There is also the knoll area - it's a bit of grass where people hang out.

It's fine now though because you make friends with people in the old block and they come over and you go over to theirs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm not sure if you saw my post above.

Old block is basically all freshers but new block has freshers as well as postgrads. Not that many postgrads but still. There is also the knoll area - it's a bit of grass where people hang out.

It's fine now though because you make friends with people in the old block and they come over and you go over to theirs.
    Ah understand now.

I'm looking for self-catered and ensuite.
    SPC, Broadgate both interest me, Raleigh Park looks great but no ensuite for undergrads. Sometime could you get a pic taken of the ensuite?

Where else should I put down for a choice?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of going for self-catered accommodation. Can someone please tell me which hall is the nearest to the Law classes? If I'm not mistaken Law department is near the Trent side which is like in the middle! Which is better, en suite or large single?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olddad)
    Fees for halls are paid by the term. If you are dependent on loans, let the accom people know and they will set payments dates to suit.
    Thank you so much olddad!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've decided - St' Peter's Court Thanks for the help Nottingham students woop!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsinghdahiya257)
    Ah understand now.

I'm looking for self-catered and ensuite.
    SPC, Broadgate both interest me, Raleigh Park looks great but no ensuite for undergrads. Sometime could you get a pic taken of the ensuite?

Where else should I put down for a choice?
    The self-catered sites that are still "uni halls" are quite limited. Here are some photos of my room

Attachment 134413

Attachment 134414
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00113.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	487.6 KB 
ID:	134416  
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The self-catered sites that are still "uni halls" are quite limited. Here are some photos of my room

Attachment 134413

Attachment 134414
    Can't seem to see the first two attachments. What kind of accommodation are you living in?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1. SPC - Ensuite
    2. Broadgate - Ensuite
    3. Raleigh Park - Single flat
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akiraryuu)
    I'm thinking of going for self-catered accommodation. Can someone please tell me which hall is the nearest to the Law classes? If I'm not mistaken Law department is near the Trent side which is like in the middle! Which is better, en suite or large single?
    BGP. I'd say it's a 7 minute walk from the front gate of BGP. At my speed, anyway.

I've had a quick look at the timetable for first year law students - most classes are in the law and social sciences building, which is closest to BGP. There seems to be one in Clive Granger but that's not that far away. There will be plenty of others worse off than you. I'm in Ancaster(in UP) and I've had lectures all the way over in QMC(Queen's Medical Centre which is the other side of campus), Pope and Coates. So you'll be fine. Hallward - your library - will be right next door(to law and social sciences).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Thank-you for your massive help! Think my mind is set on SPC.

Just to check, the hopper bus goes to the city centre as well?! That's really good...even though I'll have my car it'll be great to get around for free most of the time!

Also, that en-suite looks pretty damn decent...could get far far worse and to be honest I was expecting it lol.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    BGP. I'd say it's a 7 minute walk from the front gate of BGP. At my speed, anyway.

I've had a quick look at the timetable for first year law students - most classes are in the law and social sciences building, which is closest to BGP. There seems to be one in Clive Granger but that's not that far away. There will be plenty of others worse off than you. I'm in Ancaster(in UP) and I've had lectures all the way over in QMC(Queen's Medical Centre which is the other side of campus), Pope and Coates. So you'll be fine. Hallward - your library - will be right next door(to law and social sciences).
    Thank you so much. 7 minute walk is not too bad, I can manage that Now I'm fully convinced to apply to BGP!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much. 7 minute walk is not too bad, I can manage that Now I'm fully convinced to apply to BGP!
    Bear in mind I'm a fast walker and it may depend where you're situated in BGP but it is the closest self catered accommodation. No question.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind I'm a fast walker and it may depend where you're situated in BGP but it is the closest self catered accommodation. No question.
    I'm quite a fast walker myself, well as fast as a person with short legs can walk anyways. Which room did you choose? I'm torn between a large single or a large en suite.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite a fast walker myself, well as fast as a person with short legs can walk anyways. Which room did you choose? I'm torn between a large single or a large en suite.
    I'm in a large single study in Ancaster on UP(which is in between BGP and the Law and Social sciences building). If you're on a budget go for a large single study - you don't need an ensuite but if you want one and have plenty of wedge/money then it's your choice. However, considering you're trying to choose between the two I'd go for a large single. There are two supermarkets about 10 mins from BGP for food btw.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a large single study in Ancaster on UP(which is in between BGP and the Law and Social sciences building). If you're on a budget go for a large single study - you don't need an ensuite but if you want one and have plenty of wedge/money then it's your choice. However, considering you're trying to choose between the two I'd go for a large single. There are two supermarkets about 10 mins from BGP for food btw.
    Oh, large single study it is! It's a difference of £1275 per year between large single and large en suite. That's a lot of money!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, large single study it is! It's a difference of £1275 per year between large single and large en suite. That's a lot of money!
    Definitely. That's enough to feed you for a year, pretty much.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. That's enough to feed you for a year, pretty much.
    I'd rather spend the money on food anyways, rather than an extra toilet which I need to clean it myself

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.