The Student Room Group

MUN Hypothetical 2012/1 - Taiwanese missile tests

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Moleman1996
OOC: got any general burning on? if its just hangings i might not bother using my government approved Television Receiver to record it :wink:

OOC: Well we also have a bit of the 'Korean You've Been Framed(/Tortured then brutally executed)' showing footage of political prisoners being 'interviewed' by the secret police if that's what you fancy.
Original post by mevidek

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is no longer supportive of the military testing - our neighbouring allies are not either.

OOC: do you mean the DPRK is?

No, Republic of Korea = South Korea

Original post by mevidek

We disappointed with South Korea... The Democratic People's Republic of Korea will not let anybody stand in our way. The task force has been ordered by Kim Jong-Un himself to prepare for takeoff. It is just a matter of time before we start bombarding Taiwan, and its military outposts.

... where you will be met with a fleet of these badasses, 60 of these, as well as several thousand RoK soldiers prepared to die for their country and ideology.

Original post by mevidek

Actually, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is acting outside of the People's Republic Of China's orders - we have decided to act by our own accord against Taiwan for its threatening behaviour.

After umming and erring without China's consent, before launching your military entirely (probably :cool:) funded by the Chinese. We stand by this comment, although accept that we should probably get on with destroying the sh*ts out of you instead of arguing over petty matters.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mevidek
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is disgusted by the ignorance of the Taiwanese and South Korean leaders; we are sure that China will soon help us in our fight against our attackers.

OOC: I'd just like to confirm that we haven't actually declared war - we're just moving to prepare for war. So we currently have 3 frigates, 5 Romeo Class submarines, 2 midget submarines, and 7 Sang-O class submarines to the borders of Taiwanese waters already, which are awaiting orders. We also currently have 4 Ilyushin II-28 Bombers, 10 Shenyang J-5 jet fighters, and 1 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23 jet fighter all prepared to takeoff (all of which are waiting for the order from Kim Jong-Un, which has not been scheduled for a confirmed date yet).

The ROC once again repeats to the DPRK that if any of its vessels or aircraft enter taiwanese waters or airspace, they will be engaged by ROC forces, and perhaps depending on availability ROK forces.

OOC: as long as his statement doesn''t clash with any of my programmes :wink:
Original post by tinytadpoletim
Another statement showing the DPRK is merely a puppet state of the communist regime in China. We urge fellow nations to turn against this aggressive alliance.

Taiwan would like to inform the ROK that any South Korean vessels, aircraft or troops within our borders/waters/airspace will be treated as friendly. We are happy for the ROK to move their troops into our teritory whenever they feel ready, but would in the event of the DPRK resorting to war, urge the ROK to do this quickly.
The ROC once again repeats to the DPRK that if any of its vessels or aircraft enter taiwanese waters or airspace, they will be engaged by ROC forces, and perhaps depending on availability ROK forces.

The RoK can confirm that our forces our now in place to deal with any military threat from the DPRK.

Orders have been issued amongst all serving RoK armed forces members that the RoC's armed forces will now be considered as allies. We are prepared to share any intel, weaponary or medicial supplies that you so wish.

OOC: I look forward to serving with you, brother :cool:
The RoK can confirm that our forces our now in place to deal with any military threat from the DPRK.

Orders have been issued amongst all serving RoK armed forces members that the RoC's armed forces will now be considered as allies. We are prepared to share any intel, weaponary or medicial supplies that you so wish.

OOC: I look forward to serving with you, brother :cool:

Taiwan thanks the ROK for its continued support

OOC: In the words of homefront "lets kick some korean ass" (north of course) :cool:
Taiwan thanks the ROK for its continued support

OOC: In the words of homefront "lets kick some korean ass" (north of course) :cool:

That statement is welcomed and reciprocated.

Flag-Pins-South-Korea-Taiwan.jpg
OOC: Very interesting:

http://www.globalfirepower.com/

Looks like the DPRK will be in for a tough time :bootyshake:
(edited 12 years ago)
OOC: Very interesting:

http://www.globalfirepower.com/

Looks like the DPRK will be in for a tough time :bootyshake:

OOC: it will! looks like we could both have won on their own, would make an interesting turn to the hype if we obliterated their forces and then you invaded North Kores :colone:
OOC: it will! looks like we could both have won on their own, would make an interesting turn to the hype if we obliterated their forces and then you invaded North Korea :colone:

OOC: Although it will start to get tasty if China joins the party. Well the unification of the Korea peninsular would be great :cool:
Reply 190
No, Republic of Korea = South Korea

... where you will be met with a fleet of these badasses, 60 of these, as well as several thousand RoK soldiers prepared to die for their country and ideology.

After umming and erring without China's consent, before launching your military entirely (probably :cool:) funded by the Chinese. We stand by this comment, although accept that we should probably get on with destroying the sh*ts out of you instead of arguing over petty matters.

OOC: You want to have a show of force, eh?

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea would like to show Taiwan and South Korea what they are up against in a bid to make you realise that your attempts against us are pathetic.

Spoiler

OOC: And that's just our Air Force prepared to go in :tongue:

OOC: as long as his statement doesn''t clash with any of my programmes :wink:

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea will refrain from attacking if Taiwan ceases the missile tests. We would like to warn you: both you and your allies will be obliterated.

OOC: Don't worry, his 6 hour-long daily talk show finishes at 5pm :colone:
Original post by mevidek
OOC: You want to have a show of force, eh?

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea would like to show Taiwan and South Korea what they are up against in a bid to make you realise that your attempts against us are pathetic.

Spoiler

OOC: And that's just our Air Force prepared to go in :tongue:

OOC: Those planes look about 60 years old! :P Ours are all brand-spanking new :yep:
Reply 192
OOC: Those planes look about 60 years old! :P Ours are all brand-spanking new :yep:

OOC: Some of them are old, but many of them are not. Besides we have support from China, Saudi Arabia, and Japan, as well as the largest army in the world (everybody in the country is a conscript), and a relatively normal-sized navy.
Reply 193
OOC: I have to apologize for my lack of activity in last hour or so but my phone battery got fried and I just came to my laptop, I can see that a lot has happened here :biggrin:

China would like to stress that for now we will hold our ground on the Economic blockade of Taiwan, and if DPRK wants to attack Taiwan we will provide only technical support for now, we want to give one more chance to RoK to stop missile tests and not go into open war with us, we are giving them until 5 AM GMT to stop their hostile testing, if they do not do that we wont hesitate to send airstrike on the strategic position (mainly missile test grounds and missile making facilities which are discovered by our reconnoissance missions), and to further tighten grip on the economic strength of country. If that does not do we will try to recapture Taiwan as our territory and put it back under our control.

OOC: Maybe DPRK is losing on military power now, but not if we get involved :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mevidek
OOC: Some of them are old, but many of them are not. Besides we have support from China, Saudi Arabia, and Japan, as well as the largest army in the world (everybody in the country is a conscript), and a relatively normal-sized navy.

OOC: a lot still lies in whether China and Saudi Arabia will actively send troops into help you, though. Still think you have a good chance though. I mean, I like North Korea's chances, but I also like South Korea and Taiwan's alliance. There's only one way to find out which one's better......................................... FIGHT!!! (after diplomatic negotiations, of course)
Original post by terza021
OOC: I have to apologize for my lack of activity in last hour or so but my phone battery got fried and I just came to my laptop, I can see that a lot has happened here :biggrin:

China would like to stress that for now we will hold our ground on the Economic blockade of Taiwan, and if DPRK wants to attack Taiwan we will provide only technical support for now, we want to give one more chance to RoK to stop missile tests and not go into open war with us, we are giving them until 5 PM GMT to stop their hostile testing, if they do not do that we wont hesitate to send airstrike on the strategic position (mainly missile test grounds and missile making facilities which are discovered by our reconnoissance missions), and to further tighten grip on the economic strength of country. If that does not do we will try to recapture Taiwan as our territory and put it back under our control.

OOC: Maybe DPRK is losing on military power now, but not if we get involved :wink:

Japan respects China's patient strategy, and hope that Taiwan takes heed and stops the tests for negotiations. Japan believes that a temporary stop isn't much to ask for, as we have been stating over the last few days.
Original post by mevidek
OOC: Besides we have support from China, Saudi Arabia, and Japan, as well as the largest army in the world (everybody in the country is a conscript), and a relatively normal-sized navy.

Original post by terza021

OOC: If China were to engage in military action, I'm sure the USA would try to intervene (hint, hint...) to protect their interests in the South China Sea, and then we'd definitely win :party:
Original post by Darren-M
OOC: How do we do resolutions on this? With the rate of this discussion and with the typical discussing and voting phrase lengths, we could have had nukes launched at Greenland by the time it's passed.

[ooc] If a resolution is submitted it'll follow the standard procedure. When submitted I'll ask all countries concerned to hold off nuking each other until the business with the resolution comes to a close one way or another [/ooc]
Reply 198
OOC: If China were to engage in military action, I'm sure the USA would try to intervene (hint, hint...) to protect their interests in the South China Sea, and then we'd definitely win :party:

OOC: Well if Russia would (by any chance) join us than it is tough call :P
Reply 199

OOC: We might be witnessing WW3, gentlemen :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending