The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Not being a big cheesecake chooser anyway, for me it's the bog standard NEW YORK CHEESECAKE. It's so plain and just boring! In my view anyway. Add some fruit on top or something! It's just a plain lump o' cheese and biscuit otherwise. GIVE ME SOME BERRIES.

Oops sorry. Edit:
Flavoured water for me is strawberry. I don't like the artificial flavour it has, it doesn't translate well to me.

Worst type of traybake?
Brodericks-Brothers-traybakes.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2121
Frangipane Cheesecake Blondies.

It mixes some things I really have no fondness for - Cheesecake to start, I'm not a major fan of. But which idiot came up with the idea to mix cheesecake with brownie/blondies? When you do that, the cheesecake becomes a weird scrambled egg stuff... with a crust. That's not really what I want when I think of a cake. Moreover, the frangipane (as I would usually like) splits and becomes this pool of curds and whey-like water-and-lumps. Groo.

What's the WORST EXAMPLE OF... THE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST BUFFET?

Reply 2122
Altered to... WORST EXAMPLE OF A FOOD PAIRED WITH CHEESE/CHEESE SAUCE?

DELICATE FISH. You ruin it, totally and utterly! It has this delicate unique flavour and you come along and pour this blanket cheese flavour all over it. NICE ONE. Eurgh.

WORST EXAMPLE OF FOOD YOU ALWAYS BURN YOUR MOUTH EATING?
Reply 2124
POP TARTS.

Hence this comic I drew:

Honestly, I rarely have them for the REASON that they're mouth-rapists. No matter how long you leave them, the insides will be LAVA.

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF.... NIBBLES-BOWLS AT A PARTY?

MIXED CRISPS. I was going to say crisps/veggies with a dip because I've never understood how it works - one dip and then you have to move?! but it's supposed to be a repeated dip sorta thing..?! - but mixed crisps are worse for me. I'm fussy about my crisp choices, so when people have mixed a whole bunch of flavours in a bowl without telling anyone, or even leaving the bowl unlabelled, it's like russian roulette. Will you like it, will you hate it... Time will tell. Eurgh. Just label the bowl! And don't mix the icky flavours with the nice ones damn it!

Worst popular Americanised dish? E.g. Nachos in TGI Fridays
Reply 2126
The Americans ruin so many dishes it's too tough. I'd be tempted to choose one of their luminous "Chinese" efforts, but I cannot choose. Sorry.
Worst cheese snack?
Reply 2128
KRAFT/OLDFASHIONED "SQUEEZY CHEESE" WITH CRACKERS/CRUDITES.

With the exception of Primula (which is more like a soft spreading cheese in a tube), Squeezy Cheese is absolutely beyond foul. Incidentally I actually like cheese food slices (those "fake cheese slices") but this somehow makes the taste even more chemicalicious. Moreover it looks like a disturbing luminous orange worm splayed all over a cracker.

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF A JACKET POTATO TOPPING?
Reply 2129
Cheese. I don't think it compliments potatoes very well; I never think to add cheese to potatoes in other dishes. Also tuna and potatoes isn't a great combo either.

Worst brand for tomato ketchup?
Reply 2130
HELMANN'S KETCHUP FOR SURE.

Whereas Heinz can be a bit overly sugary-sweet, and Daddies is needlessly umami, Helmann's is just weird. It's almost like a creamy sweet and sour sauce, it tastes bizarre. I love Chop ketchup - and actually rate some own-brand ketchups pretty highly (Tesco's own and Sainsbury's Chipotle Ketchup are ace), and Heinz Fiery Chilli Ketchup removes some of the original's oversweet pang. But Helmann's doesn't even really taste like a ketchup; it's creamy, bitter and sweet all in one.

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF: MCDONALDS NON-BURGER ITEMS?

Reply 2131
Breakfast wrap. It just seems some lazy executive decided to throw every breakfast item into a tortilla wrap without checking if it works out like a frankenstein creation. And the tortilla bread isn't nice either.

Worst type of takeaway for curry sauce
Reply 2132
EASILY MCDONALDS.

(RIP, brother.)

Since replacing the actual, flavoursome "Curry sauce" to the grotesque jam-like "Sweet Curry Sauce", it is easily the worst of the bunch. In fact, I actually even prefer cheap burger van curry sauce to this monstrosity.

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF FRUIT TO EAT SLIGHTLY UNDERRIPE?
For me, I'd say BERRIES. Blueberries taste so much better ripe, but unripe they're so bitter and hard. And they're so expensive you want them right.

WORST CEREAL TO HAVE SOGGY?
Reply 2134
KELLOGGS CORNFLAKES.

A lot of cereals are awful soggy; soggy Krispies, soggy Cinnamon Grahams... but at least those are EDIBLE. Some cereals such as frosted cereals at least have the extra-super-sugary milk to look forward to. Things like Shreddies and Weetabix merely take on a different - arguably better, arguably worse texture. But soggy cornflakes gain practically ALL of the points for why you eat them. Heck, even soggy Branflakes or All-Bran have more redeeming features.

Heck, look, it's so notorious someone even made a campaign for the Soggy Cornflake:

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF: A DIP FOR CHIPS/FRIES?
Fake cheese sauce. Who decided that was a good idea? It doesn't even taste like cheese :frown:
20100917-cheese-sauce-16.jpg
Reply 2136
THREAD KILLLEERRRRRRRRrrrrr
For me, cheese dip. The thick gloopy cheese that everyone seems to love. If that doesn't count, then mayo, because I don't enjoy that eggy stuff.

WORST PORK DISH?
Original post by TotoMimo
THREAD KILLLEERRRRRRRRrrrrr

Oooops, sorry!

Pork hotpot :frown: Doesn't do anything for me really, not a fan of the potatoes on top either.

hotpot.jpg

Worst barbeque food?
CHEAP LAMB KOFTA. It's got little bits of gritty fat in. Disgusting!

WORST FOOD WITH SUGAR DUSTING/GRANULES?

Quick Reply

Latest