The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Doughnuts. They make for one hell of a mess and they feel really sticky :frown:

Worst drink in mcdonalds?
Tea? It's just standard boring and not very good quality. But then I don't go to McDonalds for drinks!

WORST CEREAL BAR?
THIS ONE'S MINE! Cereal bars are like my speciality.

I'd say the worst bar I've tried were Maryland bars, picked up from the £1 shop. I had such high hopes and promise for these, they're Maryland...they've GOT to be good! But no. So small, so little taste, so little resemblance to anything delicious and cookie-like.

Worst subway sub?
Original post by MelissaJayne
THIS ONE'S MINE! Cereal bars are like my speciality.

I'd say the worst bar I've tried were Maryland bars, picked up from the £1 shop. I had such high hopes and promise for these, they're Maryland...they've GOT to be good! But no. So small, so little taste, so little resemblance to anything delicious and cookie-like.

Worst subway sub?

Steak and cheese. Tried it once when I worked there and absolutely hated it. The steak tastes of nothing :s or if I had to give it a taste, cardboard...

Worst type of 'value' product to buy that just doesn't compare to a branded product? (i.e ready meals, instant noodles etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2144
Original post by outlaw-torn
Steak and cheese. Tried it once when I worked there and absolutely hated it. The steak tastes of nothing :s or if I had to give it a taste, cardboard...

Worst type of 'value' product to buy that just doesn't compare to a branded product? (i.e ready meals, instant noodles etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gravy!!! I experimented once and bought borh to see the difference... The value one was... Gosh it wasnt even gravy. Idk wth it was.

Worst kind of burger?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quorn burger! The word burger screams meat...I can eat any other type of burger happily, beef, lamb, chicken...but quorn hell no!

Worst type of diet fizzy drink?
CO-OP CHERRYADE. It doesn't taste anything like cherry, who are they kidding?!

Worst dessert using double cream?
Reply 2147

Has to be TRIFLE!! Especially coming up to Christmas, I'm aware of how my dad loves to totally overuse double cream. Trifle of all things, does not need cream. Yet my dad thinks "it's Christmas!!" then fires it over everything. On a trifle it's both redundant and superfluous!!

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF... SOMETHING PEOPLE ADD TO A BACON SANDWICH?
Reply 2148
Tomato ketchup. It really doesn't compliment bacon well imo but I can't pinpoint why. I have in the past given away a bacon sarnie that came with tk on it.

Worst indian food you've ate?
For me it's Indian desserts. The ones I was given were a mixture of sweet and savoury and gritty texture. I had to sit and eat the whole dessert as we were at my elderly Indian grandmothers and I wasn't allowed to leave it. Bad memories! :tongue:

Worst novelty Christmas offering you've seen so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dani_1991
For me it's Indian desserts. The ones I was given were a mixture of sweet and savoury and gritty texture. I had to sit and eat the whole dessert as we were at my elderly Indian grandmothers and I wasn't allowed to leave it. Bad memories! :tongue:

Worst novelty Christmas offering you've seen so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

An advent calendar.... for my cat. (Yes it counts, it is food.)

What is the worst chocolate bar?
Thought I'd do a quick Google of chocolate bars...

This [ http://www.epicureansanswer.com/top-ten/the-10-worst-chocolate-bars/ ] person lives a very sad life thinking all these chocolates are terrible!

For me, my least favourite chocolate bar is Cadbury Turkish Delight. I'm not a fan of Turkish Delight so goes without saying really.

WORST TRADITIONAL SWEET?
Those herbal things were absolutely foul, I can't believe people still buy and eat them voluntarily. When I worked at a newsagents I would have to refill the bottles and make up the bags and it was just icky.

Worst type of tea?
I had one in Starbucks with cardamom or something in... Not my thing... It was like savoury?!

Worst vegetable and way it's cooked?
Overcooked sprouts. Eurgh.

Worst jam? (or other preserves)
Gooseberry. My step-nan makes it and I really don't like it but we have to pretend we do every time we visit or it's 'rude'. Sigh. It's just not a very nice flavour to me.

Worst tomato based food/dish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2156
Tinned tomato soup. It doesn't have any 'kick' to it, we tend to prefer tomato flavour amongst others not dominating the food. Plus canned soup always tastes a bit mechanical.

Worst common prepacked sarnie filling?
Plain cheese. It's just SO boring, and paying £1 minimum for that is silly in my view. Get something with some fun!

Worst supermarkets' own sweets?
Reply 2158
SAINSBURY COMFITS.

Liquorice Comfits are already pretty low on my list of "merely tolerated sweets" but these have a weird bubblegum tinge to them that makes them taste even more like toilet duck. Grotty.

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF: A MEATY PIZZA TOPPING?
Meat feast 'beef'. It's nothing at all like beef, who are they kidding?! It's like reformed squidgy stuff.

WORST YELLOW FOOD?

Quick Reply

Latest