The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Hmm Did not like the McDonalds breakfast wrap. Just felt its a strange and dry combination to have as a sandwich/wrap even if individually the components are nice. And I don't like the bread they use.

WORST SAUCE TO HAVE IN A CHICKEN BURGER?
Reply 781
I genuinely think that tomato sauce in a proper chicken burger really ruins the flavour. I like BBQ, or even mayo, but tomato just adds nothing other than a sugar rush.

Worst syrup to have on desserts?
Original post by dani_1991
I genuinely think that tomato sauce in a proper chicken burger really ruins the flavour. I like BBQ, or even mayo, but tomato just adds nothing other than a sugar rush.

Worst syrup to have on desserts?

Does black treacle count as a syrup? It should, IT'S TIN LOOKS LIKE ONE!
If so, definitely that. It has no place over my dessert, or any other food of any kind for that matter. It's too thick, too strong. Not nice. I thought for some reason it'd be like, chocolate syrup. The colour maybe? So wrong.

Worst buffet table crisp/snack? (twiglets, cheese things, pringles)
Reply 783
Cheese balls! Because it's like... What the hell even ate these! I can't remember the brand, maybe mini cheddars or something but they had 'cheese footballs' and they weren't good. Gimme twirlers or mini cheddars damn it!

Worst fruit in a pre packed fruit salad? (the ones you can get from the supermarket)
Worst fruit in a pre-packed fruit salad?
Pears, by far! Mainly because I'm very allergic to them, but also because they always look so nasty and squidgy. Blergh!
Worst flavour popcorn?
Reply 785
Probably Melon, Dani. Mango tastes soft and tangy. Apple lends crunch. Grapes are explosions of sweetness.

Melon brings... wetness. Water. Cheers for that.

(Edit for ninja): Worst example of Popcorn has to be freaking BUTTERED. What am I, TRYING to kill myself today?! BUTTERED POPCORN?! Can you not eat ONE snack without freaking slathering it in chip fat?!

What's the worst example of a FAST FOOD BREAD/BUN?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TotoMimo
Probably Melon, Dani. Mango tastes soft and tangy. Apple lends crunch. Grapes are explosions of sweetness.

Melon brings... wetness. Water. Cheers for that.

(Edit for ninja): Worst example of Popcorn has to be freaking BUTTERED. What am I, TRYING to kill myself today?! BUTTERED POPCORN?! Can you not eat ONE snack without freaking slathering it in chip fat?!

What's the worst example of a FAST FOOD BREAD/BUN?

Subway Italian White. BORE OFF. Cheese and herb, cheese and herb, cheese and herb! Though, it's hard to find a REALLY bad bread so this was a tough pick. It's just boring a choice compared to other options. I love the soft, almost, wetness? Of the McDonalds buns. Burger kings taste and feel professional, I love the seeds of the KFC zinger. So I was a little lost lamb here. Sorry Subway, you suffer.

What's the worst and why of NESTLE chocolate
Reply 787
Milkybar! Because they're SO sickly sweet and Im not a huge white choc fan. The buttons are actually quite nice but the whole bar is my least favourite uk choice, it's just made for kids I guess, but even as a youngen I didn't like em!

Worst and why of dairy milk varieties? (doesnt har to be restricted to the UK varieties only)
Reply 788
It would definitely go to that Toffee Apple Bar of Plenty Dairy Milk that came out a bit ago. It tasted like some kind of apple washing up liquid.

What's the worst example of an ICED CAKE?
It would definitely go to that Toffee Apple Bar of Plenty Dairy Milk that came out a bit ago. It tasted like some kind of apple washing up liquid.

What's the worst example of an ICED CAKE?

Christmas cake. The only thing worse than the icing is the MARZIPAN. Oh the horrible thick marzipan. And these things take MONTHS to prepare?

What's the worst example of food a Partner/boyfriend/girlfriend has cooked for you?
Reply 790
At uni and I really wanted some Nachos. Being students my bf didn't have proper ingredients but assured me it would be ok... And off he went to the kitchen. 10 minutes later a plate of cheesy Doritos, tomato sauce and burger slices of cheese (you know that square stuff that looks bright orange in plastic wrappers?) torn up into pieces and melted. It was no-so-good.

Worst thing you've tried to have with cereal?
Reply 791
I tried to have muesli the traditional, proper way. That is, with OJ instead of milk in it (which is the Americanised, not European, way).

One of the few times I will say it but... America got that one right.

Whats the worst example of chocolate bars with wafer in 'em?
Lol good effort!!!

My mate told me to have dry Cheerios and cheese. That age old belief that everything is better with cheese? It's wrong. I ended up eating the cheese separately then adding milk to the little o's.

Worst Asda ready meal?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I tried to have muesli the traditional, proper way. That is, with OJ instead of milk in it (which is the Americanised, not European, way).

One of the few times I will say it but... America got that one right.

Whats the worst example of chocolate bars with wafer in 'em?

Sorry didn't see yours!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 794
Worst ready meal: The Roast Dinners. Either beef or chicken. It's like the saddest looking toast dinner EVER. It's not restricted to ASDA as every roast dinner ready meal falls victim to this, but jeeze it's a sad sight indeed. And don't even get me started on the texture of those roast potatoes, if you can even call em that.

Worst wafer choc bar: well last time I went for the coffee flavour manner wafer bar abomination, so this time I'll say... Supermarkets own brand version of Twix or Drifter type ones. I've only had Tescos own brand version, but it's just SO not the same as the real thing. The chocolate tastes gone off and it's too hard to bite - like it's stale or something but it's not. It's just not the same and for the 50p saving or whatever, I'll stick with the propa stuff!

Worst example of Strawberry flavoured sweets?
Reply 795
I was going to say the abhorrent STRAWBERRY WHAM, which unlike the regular Wham, tastes like Toilet Duck. But no, I have had the massive displeasure of tasting SUGAR FREE STRAWBERRY SHRIMP. Regular Shrimp sweets are hardly gourmet affairs so I had a huge degree of trepidation approaching these. What ensued was that it tasted massively of throat-searing Splenda or something - but with that offensive texture and odd kick we've come to expect from Shrimp sweets.

What's the worst example of: THE BISCUITS YOU FIND IN A "LUXURY BISCUIT SELECTION" (as below)?

Reply 796
Ooh this is a toughie, because each have different pros and cons. I'd say the chocolate finger, but it's simply because I've tried the real Cadbury version and this one is just not the same, but its not actually bad per se. So instead, I'll go for the Milk Chocolate Wheel. Though I'm not a white chocolate fan, so the white chocolate wafer was close, it provides a different chocolate dimension amoung all the other milk choc flavours so is let off (despite the odd wafer texture). The Milk Chocolate Wheel is just a bit.. boring, you cant savour different bits, or pull it apart, and its just a bit... 'been there done that'. PLUS it has holes in; I feel cheated! :biggrin:

WORST AND WHY OF BREAD WITH PIECES IN (walnut, apricot, cranberry etc)
Reply 797
I love fruit loaves (LOVIN' MA SOREEN, DOREEN) but one thing I cannot abide is SUNFLOWER SEED LOAVES.

There's a reason that they sell them exclusively as cockatoo food, because humans actually have no specific tooth designed to eat Sunflower Seeds properly. SO WHY NOT PUT THEM IN LOVELY SOFT BREAD? Aye, nae bother pal. How about we put these monkeynut shells in your icecream? GO FOR IT!

What's the worst example of: BOIL IN THE BAG FOOD?
Reply 798
I love fruit loaves (LOVIN' MA SOREEN, DOREEN) but one thing I cannot abide is SUNFLOWER SEED LOAVES.

There's a reason that they sell them exclusively as cockatoo food, because humans actually have no specific tooth designed to eat Sunflower Seeds properly. SO WHY NOT PUT THEM IN LOVELY SOFT BREAD? Aye, nae bother pal. How about we put these monkeynut shells in your icecream? GO FOR IT!

What's the worst example of: BOIL IN THE BAG FOOD?

HELL YEAH TOTO! So few people I know like fruit loaves, and I just don't get it; I'm like, guys, it's EPIC, but I'd recieve this 'You're crazy and mentally deranged' kinda look.
But now I have you! And that's all that counts :biggrin:

ANYWAY BOIL IN THE BAG BADDIE:
023297.jpg
I may have misunderstood your category, but if you meant these type of things, then this. After YEARS of dinners with this, I'm just a tad sick of it, and I wasn't overjoyed to begin with. Its just so bland, and having it at least twice a week, especially when it would be 'leftover veg' from the day before too, made for especially sad dinner times.

WORST FROZEN CAKE DESSERT?
for me, Coppenrath strawberry gateau. It's not that it's NOT nice..but I like pretty much all cakes. Frozen or not. And it's quite a let down, mainly..because it's not chocolate. Also because when I had it I think it was still a bit too hard and cold from the freezer.

worst ben and jerrys ice cream?

Quick Reply

Latest