The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
That's the meat content or lack thereof!! Cutting costs? MEAT OMIT.

WORST EXAMPLE OF ICED DOUGHRINGS?
Reply 981
The pink icing ones, because just plain iced or the chocolate ones are great, but I find that the steawberry ones are sugar overload. Don't get me wrong, I'll still eat em, but of the iced rings that's my least fave.

WORST 'LIGHTER' SNACK FOOD OPTION?
Reply 982
I could hate on snackajacks more, or Special K snacks, two ranges that are actually less tasty/healthy than less-obvious/marketed alternatives.

But im going to say, this time: "Healthy Options" prepacked sandwiches (in most instances). Some are awesome, but ones like "Healthy ham salad" are always limp, underfilled BOREWICHES. Instead of taking the mayo down a notch etc, they just take EVERYTHING OUT. Middle ground, guys. There is one.

WORST EXAMPLE OF SOMETHING YOU SHOULD DO IN THE OVEN, DONE IN THE MICROWAVE INSTEAD?
I'd say baked potatoes but I have kinda mastered the art of making a spud in the microwave and still getting that crispy effect. So instead, I'll say..FISH. Baking fish wrapped in foil in the oven in my experience leads to greater success in terms of not overcooking it, stick it in the microwave and it soon shrinks up. Sad times.

Worst example of strange ingredients/combinations you've been served in a meal in a restaurant?
Reply 984
Personally, I'd say strawberries and pepper, because it was like umm... HUH?
But I recently saw these on a menu:
Smoked haddock and free range egg
Cornflakes curry oil haddock croquettes

Crab with apple and celeriac mayonnaise
Smoked paprika honeycomb

Sound odd to me... Honeycomb paprika... You wutttt? :eek:

WORST FOOD TO EAT FOR THE EFFORT OF EATING IT?
Reply 985
Spare ribs from the chinese. Not just because they're messy but the meat is very difficult to find and then bite into.

WORST KFC box meal?
Reply 986
The Popcorn chicken meal because it's like hey, where's ma meal?! I definitely paid for some chicken, where is it?! Oh, there it is, sorry I forgot my magnifying glass...

Anyway, KFC hate over.

WORST NON CHOCOLATEY BISCUIT?
Mmm, someone call RUN DMC, cos this one, It's TRICKY!
I'm going to go for rich teas. Because they defy their names..they say "tea" but they can't be dunked in a tea without dying!
Their too thin for a biscuit.

Worst crisp?
Salt and vinegar. Too much vinegar, always too much.

Worst flavour and filling of cake?
Reply 989
That mantle goes to PAKE. Only the Americans would devise a cake filled... With an entire pie. Kudos though for finding a way to obesity death quicker.

Worst example of CEREAL BASED CAKES?
If it counts, Nutri Grain bars. I don't know what the taste is in them that I can't stand, it's not the filling, I think it's the outer bit. When you open it and smell it, that smell..YEAH THAT TASTE. It just makes me gag, and so early in the morning it just seems so SICKLY. I think it might be because I don't like Jam too, it has jammy notes to it. That sweet gooey middle. Ughh

worst example of fast food meal deals
Reply 991
Ooh nutrigrain bars, good call I was lost :tongue:

Worst fast food meal has gotta be KFC popcorn chicken meal, simply because you get nuffin init, init. At łeast with Mcd's you get an actual meal, and BK is nice but KFC is like meh, AND you get nothing so...

WORST USE OF FILO PASTRY?
Reply 992
Those crap FILO PIZZAS that Jamie Oliver tries to pass off as the real deal. A base of filo is no replacement. And get tongue surgery.

WORST EXAMPLE OF FROSTED CEREAL?
Reply 993
ok, I'll change mine.

WORST EXAMPLE OF HOOP SHAPED CEREAL?
Reply 994
Hooped cereal: the new fangled chocolate Cheerios. SUCH a disappointment when they could have released any of their other varieties. We have weetos, gimme the fruity cheerios!!!

Worst ball shaped cereal?
Golden Nuggets. I find them too hard really, and I'm not quite sure what flavour they're trying to be.

Worst baguette filling?
Reply 996
I've heard of some very odd ones, but I limited it to the ones Greggs offers, so I'll say Tuna Crunch.
'A white baguette filled with lettuce, tuna, red pepper salsa, mayonnaise and red onion.'
The mayo overload (it IS Greggs after all), the onion and the pepper salsa just dont mix well in my view, and to ruin tuna that drastically is a crime.

WORST SANDWICH STYLE BISCUIT? (Oreo etc)
Reply 997
I'm not a huge fan of those packs of "Fakeos"; the fake oreos with fruit flavoured fondant creams. Orange creams and pineapple creams?! Whyyy?? (they also do these in "Custard Creamesque" oblong style).

But my least liked has to be those awful, awful CANDY CANE CREAM OREOS.

ITS LIKE CHOCOLATE BISCUIT FUSED WITH TOOTHPASTE.

worst example of COLD PREPACKED SUPERMARKET PASTA SALAD?
The tomato and herb ones. It doesn't taste like pasta, tomato, or herbs. It tastes off weird cold fridge. And additional coldness.
Refrigerated pasta always has a bit of a weird taste to me anyway.

worst example of SUBWAY sub combo
Reply 999
Turkey breast and ham - not far off a ham sandwich. One can purchase these easily from a corner shop and make it yourself, or even buy one from a supermarket prepacked. What's the unique selling point with it compared with, say, a zinger burger!

WORST jolly rancher flavour?

Quick Reply

Latest