The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Okay firstly, I WISH I could rep you for the Tuna choice. You're so right.

Secondly, worst milk food by far milk based Indian desserts/'sweets'. I kinda hate em but maybe it's just me... Far too sweet! And I have a serious sweet tooth!

Worst food containing nuts?
I don't like nuts all that much in the first place, so i could list any number of dishes with nuts in that I hate hate hate. But the worst thing for me is nuts in chocolate. It doesn't need to be there, get out you vile nutty bits and stop ruining my choc. It's meant to be smooth and silky and ARGH a nut. No thank you!

WORST EXAMPLE OF:

Fruit to eat when trying to stay clean
NECTARINES. Or fruits witha stone in like a peach/plum. But nectarines are damn tasty and you want to consume every bit, wresulting in fruity juice EVERYWHERE. There's no escaping the sticky face/hand catastrophe that ensues.

WORST MEAT BASED SNACK?
Reply 1383
Man, I was going to rip on Fridge Raiders and some of the awful processed sausages, but if I'm being honest, nothing can top what I saw on tv the other day - apparently the latest craze in the USA is BACON CHOC-CHIP COOKIES.

WHY, AMERICA. JUST WHY.

WORST EXAMPLE OF FOOD YOU HAVE TO EAT WITH ONE HAND?
Reply 1384
Oranges. Good luck peeling them with one hand!

Worst sauce to have with fish fingers?
Mayonaise. It doesn't compliment them at all! At least cut through the breaded fish with something with a little sharpness like ketchup or brown. Mayo isn't a taste it's just..clog.

worst ferrero chocolate product?
Reply 1386
Ferrero make some stonking chocs, my favourite is either Rondnoir or Raffaelo, though Giotto are beastly too.

But I had some "Ferrero Garden" from Spain once; jesus christ, it was awful. Well, there were different flavours; the lemon one was a bit like Limoncello, which wasn't terribad, but there was like a Forest Fruit/Summer Fruits one that tasted like the NOT-GOOD CALPOL. You know the one. The not-infant-but-not-adult-yet one.

WORST EXAMPLE OF A CHOCOLATE BAR WHEN YOU WANTED A REAL CHOCOLATE FIX?
Reply 1387
Dime bars. Chocolate takes a backseat to butter almonds in these bars. If you crave chocolate, it's not for you.

Worst quality of beef you've ever experienced i.e. in a xyz restaurant
Mum overcooked beef joint terribly once, what made it worse it was Christmas day. And she was pissed by the time it came to serving up so ended up cutting the pieces really wonky and thick, and then I took too big a chunk or hunk, as it should be known, and choked, around the dinner table..at christmas. I went blue and my brother had to like, force it out of me. My step dad said I'd ruined Christmas. LOL.

Bad beef times. What a cow.

worst example of sweet biscuit?
NICE biscuit. Plain boring and just well... Nice. Nothing special, nothing particularly defining or wow about it. They're the staple 'meeting room' biscuit at cheap workplaces, or function room gatherings. They're not bad as such, just a bit, meh. Give me bourbons and animal cookies! Or party rings at the very least.

Worst Popular side dish at a restaurant?
Original post by dani_1991
NICE biscuit. Plain boring and just well... Nice. Nothing special, nothing particularly defining or wow about it. They're the staple 'meeting room' biscuit at cheap workplaces, or function room gatherings. They're not bad as such, just a bit, meh. Give me bourbons and animal cookies! Or party rings at the very least.

Worst Popular side dish at a restaurant?

Boiled new potatoes. Honestly, I come out to eat to get away from this BORING ****, I feel like I'm being followed and stalked by the ugly, muddy beasts. There's surely never going to be anything good that is just described as "boiled"

worst chocolate in the Celebrations?
Reply 1391
Most of us would be like TWIX F U TWIX WTF TWIX U REPLACED TRUFFLE U DICK.

But that's not twix's fault, if sandshrew was called in to replace Pikachu on Pokemon it'd be fury but sandshrew is still decent!!

I vote MARS.
SO DEFAULT. SO HALFWAY. WANT NOUGAT? The fact you've opted for mini nougat sweet means you either want light or hearty; milky way or snickers respectively. Mars is just so samey, boring and middling. Galaxy truffles may be gone, but Twix at least offer a biscuit-void-filling alternative.

WORST EXAMPLE OF FOOD TO ADD MAYO TO?
Fish. It just doesn't suit it at all. Actually not that keen on mayo at all.

Worst pizza topping?
Reply 1393
Pineapple. That's like adding a digestive biscuit to a hamburger.

Worst special fired rice ingreidient?
Reply 1394
Special fried rice might be heavily westernised nowadays, shoving in chicken, char Siu pork, prawn, water chestnut, foo Yung, peas, beansprouts, oyster sauce, nam pla, soy, and any manner of jumbled ingredients (in reality Chinese cuisine is actually very light on meat use, it's us westies that MEAT UP AVRAYTHANG), but none TRULY offend me in this instance...

...unless it's AMERICAN SPECIAL FRIED RICE. Hot dog, fried chicken and ketchup?! In SPECIAL FRIED RICE? SCREW YOU. ATROCITY.

(Interesting fact: the dish "American Special Fried Rice" was actually invented in Thailand as a novelty "mockery" dish that ironically became very popular with the country it was designed to mock- America. Oops.)

WORST EXAMPLE OF CRISPS CAUSING OFFENSIVE BURPS?
Those bacon ones. Frazzles? Nice, nice, niiiiice crisps..but oh god the burps, the smelly burps!

Worst example of cheese and onion flavoured product?
Original post by MelissaJayne
Those bacon ones. Frazzles? Nice, nice, niiiiice crisps..but oh god the burps, the smelly burps!

Worst example of cheese and onion flavoured product?

Cheap cheese and onion crisps. Or 'healthy' cheese and onion crisps. They always make the flavour too strong and it tastes horrible :frown:

Worst 'healthy' cereal?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Special K. Because it LIES. The fact you said 'healthy' means I can say this, because it claims to be a healthy alternative, having women worldwide fooled, yet it's not even that good for you! Wise up world. Plus, the red berry one has that horrible freeze dried fruit crap in it. I'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops.

Worst food to have at a restaurant you LOVE homecooked?
Reply 1398
You know, it would probably be soup. I was going to say Mince and Tatties or Sausage and Mash, you know, totally plain dishes that you're like "Hey man, mum OR Gran makes this WAYYYY better, and I'm at a RESTAURANT. WHY AM I COMPETING WITH THEIR SPECIALITIES?! But then I remembered gran's Scotch Broth made with proper, steeped-for-days barley, lentils, ham hock, HUGE chunks of tatties and onion...

versus pretentious puree with cream swirled into the middle. WHY?!

WORST EXAMPLE OF FOOD YOU ASSUMED WAS HEALTHY FOR YEARS BEFORE REALISING IT WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY DAMNED BAD FOR YOU?
DRIED FRUIT AND NUTS. I was gonna say cereal bars or cereal, but it's all about which ones you choose, so that argument is void I suppose. But dried fruit I used to eat HEAPS of, thinking 'yeah, it's fruit, I'm being uber healthy and good by choosing this'. Bag fuill of raisins? Demolished, and not even an eyelid batted. But nowadays I'm far more savvy, and I read that they're like three days worth of sugar and it's like whoaaa, slow down on the chow down. Nuts too, because I used to think they were really good for you too, and munch on pistachio nuts and peanuts to my hearts content. How wrong I was...

WORST DESSERT TO SERVE AT A DINNER PARTY/BUFFET

Quick Reply

Latest