The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Mc Breakfast wrap.

I find it a bit of a frankenstein - all their breakfast ingreidients thrown into a wrap :rolleyes: Hash brown is definitely not designed for wraps. And the other ingreidients combined don't reach the heights of their mcmuffins. I'm Surprised it ever passed a trial period. And as for tortilla bread - it tastes sooooooo boring.

Worst meat to eat with a fried egg?
DUCK. It's too rich to be having with duck I think.

WORST TWO+ FOODS YOU'VE ATTEMPTED HAVING TOGETHER AS A SNACK?
Reply 1782
I don't really know if it counts/is relevant because one is a DRINK, but once I tried making flavoured custard by taking fresh custard and pouring Pure Mango Juice into it. What resulted was an incredibly acidic curdling process whereby the custard was not infused with mango, but went grotty, split and sour.

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF A CHOCOLATE BAR TO EAT WHEN YOU'RE TOTALLY FULL BUT STILL WANT A "WEE BITTA CHOCOLATE"?
SNICKERS. It's not much chocolate anyway, but it's also pretty damn filling. They even advertise themselves as being filling. Quick chocolate fix? I think not.

WORST SNACK TO HAVE BEFORE HAVING TO DO A PRESENTATION?
Reply 1784
SUSHI/BENTO BOXES.

Why? The combination of fish burps, sesame seeds and nori to get stuck on your teeth to give you big black smiley spots, tooth-picking little kernels and rub-on-jeans residue that just won't quit - Need I say more?!

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF A VEGETABLE YOU'VE HAD/SEEN ON A ROAST DINNER?
Reply 1785
Baked beans. I liked baked beans. but they have no place on a roast dinner, espcially when there's gravy involved. For some reason they look a bit tacky, whereas carrots/peas/brocolli are a lot more formal and legitimate.

Worst meat to ahve mushrooms with?
Hm, bit random! :P Not sure there's any meat specifically I'd say, it's more how its prepared... But of all the meats I've had with mushrooms, I'd say DUCK. I find beef goes well (steak with creamy mushroom sauce), pork is pretty good (sausages and mushrooms in a fry up), and chicken is quite a good accompaniment (chicken and mushroom pie). But duck is a bit too rich for me to go well with mushrooms.

WORST HARD-SHELLED CHOCOLATE?
Reply 1787
Do you mean sugar-shelled chocolate or just any exceptionally slow-melting chocolate?
For me, Vice Versas. I got SO excited when they came back, not that I tried them the first time round but Toto seemed to big up the old ones and his word is one I trust. When I tried them it was poor quality chocolate inner, actually, is that EVEN chocolate? And a sugar shell that was gritty and tasted of..nothing much.

worst example of jacket potato filling?
Reply 1789
Original post by MelissaJayne
For me, Vice Versas. I got SO excited when they came back, not that I tried them the first time round but Toto seemed to big up the old ones and his word is one I trust. When I tried them it was poor quality chocolate inner, actually, is that EVEN chocolate? And a sugar shell that was gritty and tasted of..nothing much.

worst example of jacket potato filling?

You read my review of the newer version of Vice Versas, right? I too felt betrayed. They even copped out by calling themselves "Smarties Family Vice Versas"....

In terms of Jackie Tattie fillings, I'm usually easily pleased. Prawns, Cottage Cheese, Sour Cream and Chive, Beans, Chilli - I'm game. But know what I honestly will never understand?! CHEESE BLOODY SAVOURY. You know, where they take grated cheese, often numerous types, then slather them in butter and mayonnaise?! It literally just tastes like you're eating fat. That's all it tastes like. Cheesy fat.

Down in Newcastle my co-worker used to get a Cheese Savoury Stottie (big massive roll) every morning for breakfast. It gave me the groo as it scooted out all over his hands.

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF A DRINK TO DRINK ALL NIGHT WHEN OUT AT A PUB/CLUB/UNION?
Reply 1790
Snakebite. The stuff is poison and should not be consumed all night unless you want a blackout and waking up somewhere with the grimmest hangover. And the dark colouring will end up staining your clothes.

Worst Lilt product?
(edited 11 years ago)
Red Wine. Now don't get me wrong, having a glass or two is nice but drinking nothing but red wine all night is a recipe for heartburn and not my ideal of an easy drink.

WHAT IS THE WORST EXAMPLE OF A PIZZA TOPPING?
Anchovies and olives. GAH, my hate for olives is strong. I can't even tell you what they taste like but as a kid Dad forced me to have an olive and I actually threw up so they're like the Devil to me. However, if I get a pizza with them, I'll just peel them off and still eat the pizza. And anchovies are just, complete hoggers of flavour, they seem to take over everything.

worst example of bread usage?
Original post by MelissaJayne
Anchovies and olives. GAH, my hate for olives is strong. I can't even tell you what they taste like but as a kid Dad forced me to have an olive and I actually threw up so they're like the Devil to me. However, if I get a pizza with them, I'll just peel them off and still eat the pizza. And anchovies are just, complete hoggers of flavour, they seem to take over everything.

worst example of bread usage?

Bread and butter pudding. It just looks.... ew.

Worst example of flavouring for chicken? (I'm inspired by a slightly odd honey and mustard one I had today)
Reply 1794
That's a toughie. It's probably a tie between a CONSTANT and a VARIED - The constant being how disgusting it is when you get chicken in a Lemon/Orange sauce that's syrupy and sweet like you're eating Marmalade Chicken or something.

The second is variable; it's Chicken with Mayonnaise, but ONLY when the mayo is OTT. Mayo and chicken tend to be decent bedfellows, but when it's KILLED with mayo, it gives my stomach convulsions...

(Greggs is super-bad for the latter).

What's the worst example of A CHOCOLATE TO OFFER AROUND A GROUP?
EXPENSIVE CHOCOLATE. Milk Tray is totally fine, but a luxury box of expensive chocolates, where you get only a few in a box? It's like a crime. Especially if they were yours as a gift and you've been made to offer them around. LEAVE ME AND MA CHOCOLATE IN PEACE. People don't appreciate it, like a box of Hotel Chocolat is totally wasted at a party. They are to be savoured and appreciated, not inhaled and mindlessly consumed. Each bite is like £1 damn it!
HOTEL-CHOCOLAT-2.jpg

WORST MEAL THAT LEAVES YOU HUNGRY AFTER A FEW HOURS?
Reply 1796
Meals from mcdonalds! All those calories, yet it doesn't satisfy my stomach when I walk out, let alone after a few hours. This is why I often buy additional food on top of a meal especially when i'm drunk (think a big mac meal and 20 nuggets!!!)

Worst sandwich to eat cold?
Tuna Mayo....taste of :coma:

Worst type of chocolate in a Revels pack?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1798
Raisin!!

Worst kikat chunky flavour?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Coconut probably. It was such a disappointment. Actually, no. WHITE CHOCOLATE. Because I'm not too keen on white chocolate.

WORST/MOST DISAPPOINTING FOOD WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS IN?

Quick Reply

Latest