The Student Room Group

Is history GCSE a good subject to take?

Scroll to see replies

I wasn't sure if I should take History for GCSE or not, but its now my favourite subject.It's really interesting, but it does require a lot of effort to get a good grade. If you enjoy it then I think you should definitely do it!
Reply 21
History is fun, however you have to have an interest in it, as the work load can be heavy at times. I know people who take history and have no interest and so fall behind, and end up not understanding a thing! However i like it and would recommend it :smile:
Reply 22
I took history at GCSE and it's one of my favourite subjects! Mainly because I take more information in because I find the topics interesting. If you had no interest in it before I definitely wouldn't take it. Be prepared for a lot of essays to do and remembering a lot of dates and information to get an A/A* overall. They have also changed the course (if you are doing aqa) and you have to do two controlled assessments which make up 25% of your overall GCSE which can be quite difficult aswell
I also took History at GCSE, and I was definitelty throughout my GCSE's my favourite subject. :^_^:
Definitely. I do Modern World History and, as well as learning about extremely interesting things, you gain skills such as essay-writing and grammatical skills which help you in other subjects. Bearing in mind i'm a complete nerd when it comes to History :biggrin:
Reply 25
Yes. I am taking GCSE History now and if theres one thing I've learnt its not to do your homework the night before. You do have to put more effort into a history homework than a maths one.

History's great as it is well respected as said earlier and for people that want to take law in the future such as myself, it is beneficial and almost compulsory to pick up the skills needed
YES!!!!!!!! i loved it!!!
im having the same troubles....
:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending