The Student Room Group

I can’t choose my A-levels!!!!!

So I’m in year 11 right now and am a couple of months from finishing. I wanted to do English lit maths and Spanish a level (with politics as a fourth backup). I’m thinking of doing something like law English or politics/ ppe at uni and would quite like to do Spanish as well with a year abroad at a good Russell group uni.

The blocks came out and all my four that I put down fell into two blocks so I can only do two and the two most important ones to me are English lit and Spanish so maths and politics would have to go. I don’t want to have to move school so my other options are history or physics. I haven’t done history gcse but I took the entrance paper and the teacher said I would be fine and I think I’d enjoy it but I’m worried about having no mathsy a levels as maths and science have always been something I’ve been relatively good at and can rely on. I know that some law courses and ppe like logical, analytical subjects like mainly maths but also physics and maths seems like quite an important a level to have for life. However I also know that unis really value history for essay based subjects so I really need an outside perspective for some advice.
Original post by oaktreez123
So I’m in year 11 right now and am a couple of months from finishing. I wanted to do English lit maths and Spanish a level (with politics as a fourth backup). I’m thinking of doing something like law English or politics/ ppe at uni and would quite like to do Spanish as well with a year abroad at a good Russell group uni.

The blocks came out and all my four that I put down fell into two blocks so I can only do two and the two most important ones to me are English lit and Spanish so maths and politics would have to go. I don’t want to have to move school so my other options are history or physics. I haven’t done history gcse but I took the entrance paper and the teacher said I would be fine and I think I’d enjoy it but I’m worried about having no mathsy a levels as maths and science have always been something I’ve been relatively good at and can rely on. I know that some law courses and ppe like logical, analytical subjects like mainly maths but also physics and maths seems like quite an important a level to have for life. However I also know that unis really value history for essay based subjects so I really need an outside perspective for some advice.

i would say if maths is one of your stronger subjects and you enjoy it take it for sure rather than history as since you didn’t do history at gcse there’s no guarantee that you’ll enjoy it a levels and take it from someone that didn’t pick a levels they enjoy it’s so draining so take ones that you like and are good at cannot emphasise that enough lol! since you are taking english lit that it very essay based so that will be enough and law actually has no essential subjects that you need to take eg people have taken all science subjects and gotten into law so honestly just take subjects you like and know you can do well in :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you for this! It was really helpful and it’s a good point about history. :smile:
Plz just take English lit w me ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Reply 4
Original post by omgwhoisit
Plz just take English lit w me ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I cba with you💗💗💗
I need lit with you please😍😍😍
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest