A-physics A-Economics B-Politics
A2 actual:
A* Math
A2 prediction in year 12:
A* FM
Note: AEA and EPQ + potentially Further additional math

done
Original post by michael321
It was very similar. I loved how straightforward it was - pretty much the whole thing was impossible to prepare for, just an extract of case/statute and they asked questions on it. And they told us exactly what the interviews would consist of several times. It was the exact opposite of the stereotypical weird Oxbridge interview.

Yeah it was quite big - I just stuck to the main routes and followed other people :redface: Thankfully some of the other applicants had a better sense of direction than I did.

Well I applied for History last year, which I didn't really want to do and I hadn't thought out. So I think the Cambridge interviewers just saw through me rather :tongue: In a way it was a good thing, because with hindsight I'd much rather be doing Law than History :tongue:

Where else are you applying?

Awhh, that actually doesn't sound too bad :biggrin:. The best Myth I've heard about Oxbridge interview is the one where the admission tutor apparently said "Surprise me" and the interviewee lit fire to the table, and this was worthy enough for him to recive an offer :tongue:.

I considered History and Chemistry for time as well as Law, and I realised that Law is really like a combination of both the sciences and the humanities, so I opted for Law instead :tongue:. If you don't mind me asking, what was your reason for choosing Law :tongue:?

At the moment it looks like: LSE, UCL, Durham/Warwick and finally Birmingham.
Original post by tinytadpoletim
tinytadpoletim

Course: PPE
College: Balliol
GCSEs: 9A*s, 1A
A Level subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Politics (+EPQ)

Cheers buddy :biggrin:

not too dissimilar to me, no worries :smile:
What do we think? --->
Yeah, I noticed that. Same GCSE grades and v similar A level subjects. I thought about E + M, but love the philosophical side that PPE brings...

it made it really easy to just copy and paste my info on the wiki :P, balliol looks lovely, very nive gardens :smile:
Original post by tooambitious
it made it really easy to just copy and paste my info on the wiki :P, balliol looks lovely, very nive gardens :smile:

Yep, I know... :moon:

It has a ridiculous number of applicants for PPE though (I think it's the highest...), so I'm not too confident :s-smilie:
Yep, I know... :moon:

It has a ridiculous number of applicants for PPE though (I think it's the highest...), so I'm not too confident :s-smilie:

yes, thats true, but your grades are great, if you master the TSA, then who knows? Also Balliol probably pools loads of people for PPE, and Oxford it Oxford :P
done

Cheers, it's you again :biggrin:
any body want me to add them to the stalking page? Also i know its not necessary but does anybody want me to add AS UMSs?

Please could you add me?
Username: Kimiechi
Subject: History
College: Corpus Christi / Pembroke
GCSE's: 9A* 1A
AS's: History, English Literature, French, English Language
Predicted: AAAA
Extras: IB Ab Initio Spanish (predicted 6)

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Jackfinance17
Cheers, it's you again :biggrin:

no worries :smile:
Original post by Kimiechi
Please could you add me?
Username: Kimiechi
Subject: History
College: Corpus Christi / Pembroke
GCSE's: 9A* 1A
AS's: History, English Literature, French, English Language
Predicted: AAAA
Extras: IB Ab Initio Spanish (predicted 6)

Thanks! :smile:

done
Reply 394
Anyone know if there's a dead set method for choosing interviewees for Maths?

I know for Physics they just interview the top x amount from the aptitude test.. Is this the same for all subjects?
Original post by PeteyB26

I know for Physics they just interview the top x amount from the aptitude test.. Is this the same for all subjects?

i think they choose the top x from the MAT as well, maybe combined with GCSEs? im not certain, but i think it the latter
Reply 396
i think they choose the top x from the MAT as well, maybe combined with GCSEs? im not certain, but i think it the latter

Ah right, that's cool, cheers mate!

I believe it goes like this: Each year a MAT score is determined, which acts as a kind of cut of point. Candidates just under, or just above, are carefully looked at, to decide whether inviting them for interview would be useful.
Reply 398
Original post by fluteflute
I believe it goes like this: Each year a MAT score is determined, which acts as a kind of cut of point. Candidates just under, or just above, are carefully looked at, to decide whether inviting them for interview would be useful.

Ok so the MAT score is the main determining factor, but if you're around the cut-off then you may be given an interview if you have excellent GCSE/PS/reference etc.?
Ok so the MAT score is the main determining factor, but if you're around the cut-off then you may be given an interview if you have excellent GCSE/PS/reference etc.?

i believe so yes, theres probably a better explanation on the maths dept website

Latest

Trending

Trending