Reply 320
For last year's entry A100 there were:
Applications - 2514
Number of places available - 128 Home/EU, 10 International
Number of interviews - 647
Offers - 244 Home/EU, 16 International
:smile:
Reply 321
Can anyone tell me if BSMS sent out emails acknowledging med school applications because I got acknowledgement from all the other uni's I've applied to but not BSMS. I'm considering ringing addmisions.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by stevenst
Can anyone tell me if BSMS sent out emails acknowledging med school applications because I got acknowledgement from all the other uni's I've applied to but not BSMS. I'm considering ringing addmisions.

Thanks in advance :smile:

According to someone earlier on this thread, they don't :smile:
Reply 323
Original post by sarahpedro123
According to someone earlier on this thread, they don't :smile:

Ah cheers, have you heard anything from any of the uni's you've applied to?
Ah cheers, have you heard anything from any of the uni's you've applied to?

Interview from Liverpool and rejection from Exeter, so mixed emotions haha!
Yourself?
Reply 325
Original post by sarahpedro123
Interview from Liverpool and rejection from Exeter, so mixed emotions haha!
Yourself?

All I've had is a rejection from Cambridge (bit of a long shot anyway!) and an email saying I am still being considered for Bristol. Nothing from UCL or BSMS. The waiting is unbearable!
Reply 326
i emailed BSMS to ask about the acknowledgment thing they don't they replied saying so long you can see it in track they have it
also from someone i now who applied last year they send out offers and rejections through post apparently and usually during xmas holidays
Reply 327
I might be wrong, but I think that this is the first year they havent interviewed before January, so not sure whether that still applies this year about offers and rejections in the holidays.
Reply 328
Original post by PoppyMyer
I might be wrong, but I think that this is the first year they havent interviewed before January, so not sure whether that still applies this year about offers and rejections in the holidays.

thats very true makes sense so yeah must be different this year will just have to wait and see!
Reply 329
Would be nice to get an interview letter/email before Xmas - a nice little early pressie:smile:
Reply 330
Anyone else getting stick for applying to BSMS from friends who like to point out that Brighton is the gay capital of the UK?
Reply 331
Anyone else getting stick for applying to BSMS from friends who like to point out that Brighton is the gay capital of the UK?

OMG, we were just discussing this in chemistry! Is it really? I thought they were lying as well...then another applicant proceeded to say how scared he was of getting raped by a gay gang LOL :facepalm:

EDIT: LOL, I really do not want to go to a school with people who DO NOT have a sense of humour. TSR is such a joke.

Haha, I'm fairly close so none of that over here :P
Reply 333
I have no idea why anyone would give anyone else stick for applying to a university in a city with a high gay population. I don't mean to be rude, but I have to say that it is ignorant and frankly ridiculous that, in 2012, people are making such homophobic comments. It makes me really angry that anyone would think in such a closed-minded way. I understand that your friends probably arent aware how ridiculous their comments sound, and don't mean them in a malicious manner, but such comments need to be actively stopped.

Rant over.

http://www.nohomophobes.com/#!/today/

Back to talking about how long bsms is taking!!!!!
Reply 334
Original post by PoppyMyer
I have no idea why anyone would give anyone else stick for applying to a university in a city with a high gay population. I don't mean to be rude, but I have to say that it is ignorant and frankly ridiculous that, in 2012, people are making such homophobic comments. It makes me really angry that anyone would think in such a closed-minded way. I understand that your friends probably arent aware how ridiculous their comments sound, and don't mean them in a malicious manner, but such comments need to be actively stopped.

Rant over.

http://www.nohomophobes.com/#!/today/

Back to talking about how long bsms is taking!!!!!

COMPLETELY AGREE!! the fact that someone would make such disgusting comments is very sad and demonstrates severe ignorance. Assuming the people saying such discriminatory comments want to be doctors I would suggest an EXTREME change in attitude. The fact that people show this level of prejudice towards ANY group of people is simply wrong.
Reply 335
Lol, people need to calm down! They were obviously joking :sigh:

Have a sense of humour :yep: people make jokes about everything these days.
Helped a lot.... :s-smilie:
Those homophobic comments are not ones that should be expressed by those who wish to be future doctors, or anyone for that matter.
I am gay and I am applying to bsms because its a good medical school not because it's gay capital. To me that's actually off putting... And you should tell your friends that it doesn't matter if its gay capital or straight capital it makes no difference it is a medical school; where you can learn about the things you are passionate about!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 339
Any interviews/offers/rejections given out yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending