The Student Room Group

Do YOU know who Joseph Kony is?

Poll

Have YOU Heard of Kony?

To find out if the videos are making an impact yet, have YOU heard of Joseph Kony?

Hopefully most people answer "Yes", but if you answer "No" then watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc&feature=share

Then share it :smile: and tell everyone.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Not really. A dictator or something? I've not really seen anything about him yet. Leave the countries to their own rebellion and stay out of it I say. It's none of anyone else's business. We risk arming a side that will do us harm in the future.
Reply 2
Original post by Electronica
Not really. A dictator or something? I've not really seen anything about him yet. Leave the countries to their own rebellion and stay out of it I say. It's none of anyone else's business. We risk arming a side that will do us harm in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc&feature=share

share this :smile:
Yes, I knew about him before the video, I was rather surprised when it came up as a video :lol:

but yea... of course the video is having an impact. Everyone is suddenly a social activist :teehee:
(edited 12 years ago)
I personally can't wait until the 20th April and see how many of the seemingly millions of people who clicked they are attending that stupid event actually do turn up. I'm guessing not a lot... (And rather curious to see how the various councils will react to this technically illegal behaviour).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
‎"I want to be the very best..That no one ever was...To catch them is my real test...To train them is my cause" - Kony
I have. I attended an Invisible Children mini-conference/tour about four years ago. We saw a video, heard from some people who worked with the charity and had been 'on the ground' as it were. We also heard from a man who used to work for Kony; he gave a very emotional talk about the feelings and motives involved and how he had decided he wanted to try and stop it. He wanted to return as a mediator - I hope he managed to achieve something positive...

In terms of involvement with Invisible Children [the charity], I have donated quite a bit to them over the years. But, I think there is an argument for 'support the cause, not the charity' here as doubts have been cast over the charity itself. :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Probably a puppet of the West or some 'old time religion' Judaeo-Christian warlord. I'm curious about the hullabaloo (not to triviliase the criminal behaviour of this individual) surrounding his capture/arrest. Wonder if it is a distraction of some sort?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
i know of him yes, i find it interesting that the video has only come out now though. better late than never i guess...
A black man.

I watched about a minute of it, couldn't be bothered watching the rest since all it talks about is social networking and its importance. In reality social notworking is a nightmare for society...

Besides, it looks like people only care about this issue because it is on YouTube and are just trying to follow the current trend, I expect it will blow over in about a week once some other 'current affair' becomes fashionable.
Lol, this wasteman is one of the first things my mates were telling me about at registration this morning...:sigh:
i've heard about him everywhere obviously i don't live under a rock i just haven't got round to watching the video
Never heard of him. If only there was some kind of viral video and marketing campaign that was constantly being referenced in every single corner of the internet to promote him then maybe I would have heard about him and now be sick of hearing about him.
Reply 15
Yeah, I had heard of him before - Unreported World did a good programme about him a couple of years back. More people should watch UW, it's a refreshing change to the crapfest that makes up most of British journalism.
Original post by Bellissima
i've heard about him everywhere obviously i don't live under a rock i just haven't got round to watching the video

Evil African Man. Self important middle class white man and his annoying cute son. Army of self important middle class teens. Facebook Timeline.

You don't have to now.
He's the guy from Fonejacker with the pigeon in your Ugandan bank account, right?
Reply 18
Original post by original_username
Evil African Man. Self important middle class white man and his annoying cute son. Army of self important middle class teens. Facebook Timeline.

You don't have to now.

how about kidnapping, child soldiers, children being sexually exploited...?
Reply 19
From the BBC World Service a few years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending