The Student Room Group

Dental nursing written and osce exams

Hi everybody!

I recently completed my written dental nursing exam on the 7th November with the NEBDN and wondered if anybody else also completed this?
It was obviously one of the first few times that the exam had been held online and wanted to see how others felt they did? Unfortunately everything I revised the night before didn’t come up but I’m hopeful that I did okay!
I’m hoping to get my results the end of this month so that I can start getting more prepared for my OSCE/Online practical, all I’ve been told about the practicals is that it will be online and split between Q&A’s and an online workbook, so for example picking out instruments for different types of procedures.
I’m not sure if the practical has been held online this year but if it has and anybody has done it what did you think of it? I would love to hear from anybody who’s done it or has any extra information on it! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I also sat the online NEBDN written exam, getting our results tomorrow.. think it went ok, how about you?
Reply 2
Original post by gracej997
Hi everybody!

I recently completed my written dental nursing exam on the 7th November with the NEBDN and wondered if anybody else also completed this?
It was obviously one of the first few times that the exam had been held online and wanted to see how others felt they did? Unfortunately everything I revised the night before didn’t come up but I’m hopeful that I did okay!
I’m hoping to get my results the end of this month so that I can start getting more prepared for my OSCE/Online practical, all I’ve been told about the practicals is that it will be online and split between Q&A’s and an online workbook, so for example picking out instruments for different types of procedures.
I’m not sure if the practical has been held online this year but if it has and anybody has done it what did you think of it? I would love to hear from anybody who’s done it or has any extra information on it! :smile:

Hi there,

Just wondering how you got on with your written in November. I’m due to sit my Workbook Exam for second stage of OSCE but really nervous 🙊🙊
Original post by Frankie4.
Hi there,

Just wondering how you got on with your written in November. I’m due to sit my Workbook Exam for second stage of OSCE but really nervous 🙊🙊

Hey I passed the written part of the exam last year, I had the first part of my OSCE exam today, second part on Friday :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Joseph P96
Hey I passed the written part of the exam last year, I had the first part of my OSCE exam today, second part on Friday :smile:

Hi Joseph

I am totally new to this room here. Thank you for getting back to me. Yes I had the first part of my OSCE on Tuesday. I was so nervous!! How did you feel you got on today?? Hope you got on great 🤗🤗
Hi Joseph

I am totally new to this room here. Thank you for getting back to me. Yes I had the first part of my OSCE on Tuesday. I was so nervous!! How did you feel you got on today?? Hope you got on great 🤗🤗

I think it went okay today! I was pleased with the questions as they were all including in my recent revision. How did you think you got on with the exam?
Reply 6
I think it went okay today! I was pleased with the questions as they were all including in my recent revision. How did you think you got on with the exam?

I was happy enough with the Zoom as like you I had prepared the topics in my studies. The written I couldn’t believe I had past it though as I was super nervous and I coming from a purely Ortho practice so I rarely see General Practice Procedures so really had to knuckle down and study.

Have no clue what to expect tomorrow. Currently going over Ames Emergencies here but worries I’m wasted time on topics that won’t even be looked at. It’s hard to know as this process is all new.
I hope you pass today. I hope we all do but time will tell 🤞🤞
I was happy enough with the Zoom as like you I had prepared the topics in my studies. The written I couldn’t believe I had past it though as I was super nervous and I coming from a purely Ortho practice so I rarely see General Practice Procedures so really had to knuckle down and study.

Have no clue what to expect tomorrow. Currently going over Ames Emergencies here but worries I’m wasted time on topics that won’t even be looked at. It’s hard to know as this process is all new.

I think the workbook part of the exam tomorrow is more matching images etc, such as matching the correct instruments for certain procedures, putting procedures in order. I’m not sure if medical emergencies are part of the second part they would have been in the zoom exam.. that’s my take on it anyway and that’s what my tutor have said. So may be worth getting composite filling steps revised and instruments for different procedures etc x
Reply 8
I think the workbook part of the exam tomorrow is more matching images etc, such as matching the correct instruments for certain procedures, putting procedures in order. I’m not sure if medical emergencies are part of the second part they would have been in the zoom exam.. that’s my take on it anyway and that’s what my tutor have said. So may be worth getting composite filling steps revised and instruments for different procedures etc x

Yes hopefully Joseph.

I have been looking at instruments and radiography too. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. Sorry I meant to say mines is on Friday at 9am
Eeeeeeek nervous 🙊🙉🙈xx
Mines at 9 too! Good luck, do you know when we get the results?

Good luck to you too Joseph!!🤗🤗

I’m not sure when we get the results to be honest I have heard different answers. One person said in a couple of weeks like February but another said March so I’m not sure. Perhaps they will send us all an email from NEBDN tomorrow after the exam to let us know x
How did you think it went? :smile: I was told we get results on 9th March x
Reply 12
How does the online written exam work? Can yoy have any notes? How do they monitor you do you need a webcam for the written part of the exam? How long do you get? Is it really difficult. Im freaking out anout the whole thing
Reply 13
Hello i hope you well
I am so worried about the November exam. Is question& answer book is help for me study?
(edited 2 years ago)
hello, can anyone remember what questions you had for osce writen and zoom exma please ???? really need help
what was included in the zoom exam? how many questions were asked?
I was happy enough with the Zoom as like you I had prepared the topics in my studies. The written I couldn’t believe I had past it though as I was super nervous and I coming from a purely Ortho practice so I ra
Hi what was included in the zoom exam? how many questions were asked and what about? rely see General Practice Procedures so really had to knuckle down and study.

Hi there what was included in the zoom exam? how many questions were asked and what about?

Can you please please help me with written exam because i failed 😞
Reply 18
you have to buy an app to study in de tal
tutors the book doesn’t help at all
Reply 19
How did you think it went? :smile: I was told we get results on 9th March

Does anyone can give me any samples for OSCE. I have no idea how to revise 😔

Quick Reply

Latest