Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You see for Warwick Maths and Econ do you have to take STEP? :afraid:

I'll butt in and reply with a yes :smile:
Reply 1981
Original post by knowledgecorruptz
Reading the books I said I read on my PS :colondollar:

I'm gonna start recapping C1-4, S1 & 2 after that, and obviously I'm paying a lot of attention to current affairs - the Economist, Radio 4, FT etc. I'm seriously worried they'll pull out some really obscure piece of news and presuppose knowledge of it.

Also, I really shouldn't have mentioned the EZ crisis in my PS - I have no idea what's going on over there anymore *sigh*

ahah same, ive just finished one of them, two more to go! :tongue: mmm im dreading the maths test, there's so much that it could be tested on out of those three modules! what radio 4 programmes do you listen to? ahah im sure they won't do that, apparently they don't wanna trip you up :wink:
Original post by TPJY
ahah same, ive just finished one of them, two more to go! :tongue: mmm im dreading the maths test, there's so much that it could be tested on out of those three modules! what radio 4 programmes do you listen to? ahah im sure they won't do that, apparently they don't wanna trip you up :wink:

Haha, that's what they want you to think ;-)

Ive got another 4 to read! Definitely a bad idea mentioning so many books on my PS :-(

I'm not actually sitting a maths test but I reckon they'll probably ask me about it in the interview. The Today show, provides a pretty good overview of all things economic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1983
Anyone applying to Trinity College Dublin?
Reply 1984
Haha, that's what they want you to think ;-)

Ive got another 4 to read! Definitely a bad idea mentioning so many books on my PS :-(

I'm not actually sitting a maths test but I reckon they'll probably ask me about it in the interview. The Today show, provides a pretty good overview of all things economic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

cheers ill give it a listen :smile:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You see for Warwick Maths and Econ do you have to take STEP? :afraid:

Yup. :yes:
Original post by CD315
Where did you end up applying for? I remember reading somewhere that you had some solid UMS.

Economics at Cambridge and Maths and Econ elsewhere. It must have been somebody else you have mistaken me for because my UMS definitely is not 'solid', not compared to the guys here anyway!

Reading the books I said I read on my PS :colondollar:

I'm gonna start recapping C1-4, S1 & 2 after that, and obviously I'm paying a lot of attention to current affairs - the Economist, Radio 4, FT etc. I'm seriously worried they'll pull out some really obscure piece of news and presuppose knowledge of it.

Also, I really shouldn't have mentioned the EZ crisis in my PS - I have no idea what's going on over there anymore *sigh*

Sounds good, I'm doing pretty much the same.
Reply 1987
Original post by tooambitious
No/no/no/yes *i think*
Nottingham yes but not l100 (industrial economics)

Are you applying to these 4 unis (I suspect by the '*i think*' that you're not)? And okay, thanks :smile:.
Original post by uttamo
Are you applying to these 4 unis (I suspect by the '*i think*' that you're not)? And okay, thanks :smile:.

No
Reply 1989
Original post by Extricated
Economics at Cambridge and Maths and Econ elsewhere. It must have been somebody else you have mistaken me for because my UMS definitely is not 'solid', not compared to the guys here anyway!

s1 and s2 are soooo long :frown:

could you let me know what time the today show is on? i can't seem to find it :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TPJY
s1 and s2 are soooo long :frown:

could you let me know what time the today show is on? i can't seem to find it :/

From 6 to 9 in the morning, shoukd be on Iplayer, that's where I listen to it.

How definite is it that I'll be interviewed by Cambridge btw? I'd be sooooo angry if this revision was in vain. And when do they let you know if you've got one or not? I can't really be asked when there's a chance I won't even receive an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1991

How definite is it that I'll be interviewed by Cambridge btw? I'd be sooooo angry if this revision was in vain. And when do they let you know if you've got one or not? I can't really be asked when there's a chance I won't even receive an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

omd it's three hours!? and you listen to all of it? that's mental!

apparently most people get interviewed so i wouldn't worry about it too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Something like 90% of people, you'll definitely be interviewed
Original post by TPJY
omd it's three hours!? and you listen to all of it? that's mental!

apparently most people get interviewed so i wouldn't worry about it too much

Lol not really, they give you all the info in the first 40 minutes, then it's just repeated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something like 90% of people, you'll definitely be interviewed

Awesome, does it say on the Cambridge website? I can't seem to find any real info on there about interviews :-S

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome, does it say on the Cambridge website? I can't seem to find any real info on there about interviews :-S

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually not sure, but I've read that's it's around 90% (maybe that's the overall average figure for cambridge though, but people with far worse grades than you have gotten interviews, you really have nothing I worry about!
Reply 1996
Lol not really, they give you all the info in the first 40 minutes, then it's just repeated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.cusu.cam.ac.uk/campaigns/access/interviews.html

says that they interview approx 95% of all applications
Reply 1997
Original post by Extricated

Maths and econ where? I went for maths with econ at LSE, sometimes I wish I did it at other places too.
Reply 1998
LSE received my application around 10 days ago and they have just sent me an e-mail today requesting UMS (I haven't applied to oxbridge) to let people know x
I'm actually not sure, but I've read that's it's around 90% (maybe that's the overall average figure for cambridge though, but people with far worse grades than you have gotten interviews, you really have nothing I worry about!

Fair enough, thanks for the reassurance :smile:

And I got a Bristol offer! At last! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending