The Student Room Group

Party...

Not really a right place for this to go, so its going here :smile:

Right, 3 of my friends from halls are having a party tonight, which I really want to go to! They live a five minute bus ride away, but after that theres a good 10 to 15minute minute walk down a dark road, in a bit of a dodgy area, and I don't fancy getting a taxi by myself! I was going to go with my housemate but shes turned round after a week of saying she'd go saying shes too tired, 3 of my other ex-flatmates aren't going as2 of them have gone home and ones gone to Bulgaria, and 3 other people I have invited can't or don't want to go saying they wont know anyone.

I'm really torn as what to do, because I don't want to get there on my own, and not know anyone, and feel like a bit of an idiot. Help!
Reply 1
go- call a licensed vab company- that wil be totally safe...
have fun with your friends- crash there till tomorrow n then travel home in the day when it is safe to do so...
Reply 2
I trust the cab companies, as in Manchester they all have these yellow stickers on if they are reputable, it's just the money I don't particularly want to spend. I'd get a taxi home though, so no problem there.

Just don't fancy going on my own, when I only know the people throwing the party...
Reply 3
cleas001
go- call a licensed vab company- that wil be totally safe...
have fun with your friends- crash there till tomorrow n then travel home in the day when it is safe to do so...

yeah i agree. it'll be fun! just def get a taxi tho if you're by yourself! have fun if you go xx
Reply 4
I've decided i'm not going to let people stop me from going out! I'm about to ring the guys who party it is, and ask him whos going, and then book a taxi :smile:
:party: Yay! :smile: Have a great time :biggrin:
Reply 6
be care***l, have a good one! better than staying home alson
Also, follow your instincts. Don't do anything you don't feel happy doing, and you'll have a great time :smile:
Reply 8
Kittennffc
but after that theres a good 10 to 15minute minute walk down a dark road, in a bit of a dodgy area

that might be the highlight of the night... meeting a stranger in a dark alley.

Latest

Trending

Trending