The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

accommodation at ARU Cambridge?

Hi! What is the best accommodation at ARU in Cambridge for someone who does wants to go out/party but not every night, and also is quite a reserved person that prefers the quiet?
hi! :smile:
I'm Sade, a third year student currently at ARU and I've stayed in 3 different accommodations (Cam Foundry, CB1 and The Forum)

In terms of accommodation it’s so tricky to answer that question, as I would say it depends on who your roommates are and surrounding flat as opposed to the building you're in, as no matter what people will go out and party lol!

For example CB1 tends to be the most popular and active with first years, but maybe your roommates are reserved so your flat is quiet, but then maybe downstairs or across the road is really loud and goes out all the time. It really does depend

The Forum is in a more residential area so we have rules such as no noise after 10, so you could still go out to party with your roommates but there would be restrictions if you decided to party at home.

Either way, you will meet people from different accommodations all throughout uni so you can just go round to your friends house, go out, then go back to yours when you want quiet

Overall I'd say the building doesn't have much to do with partying but more so the people, but if you want to be around it then best luck would be CB1.

I hope that's helpful!

Sade
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Sade,

Thanks for all the tips on accommodation! Also wondering is The Forum for first year students as I can't seem to find it on the accom page on aru website?

When you mentioned you have lived in the 3 different areas was this a different place each year? Because based on what I've read on the website it said that the student accom is only for 1st years (sorry if this is wrong)

Thanks again, the info will come in handy when I apply and confirm my offer soon I hope lol

Gabi :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending