The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Sagamite
WHAT?

My God!

FFS, go and pick your books and understand the meaning of the word "natural".

You really are not at an intellectual level for me to engage in a debate with you.

Humans behave in ways in which we are naturally inclined to. If one individual is naturally inclined to Women, then of course it is un-natural for them to be inclined to Men and vice versa. Clearly both sides of the party are being biased here, and rightly so.

Of course sexual intercourse between the opposite sex is the ideal for procreation, yet nature too has its way of dealing with over-population. Hypothetically if we were all 'straight', the exponential growth of our population would be so great I could not imagine how our specie would survive with dwindling resources such as water and food. Moreover, just because someone is a homosexual does not mean they are sterile. You do not have to be a heterosexual per say to procreate e.g. A lesbian and a Gay can have a child if they wanted to?

Which leads me to my next point. Our human sexuality is far to complicated to be as simple as the terms homo/hetero/pan/bi sexuality make it out to be. I believe we do not choose our sexual inclination but rather our sexual partners; a choice shaped by a number of factors whether it is our own personal moral belief's, Religion or our culture.

I'll never understand everyone's problem with LGBT
Original post by codyluv14
Humans behave in ways in which we are naturally inclined to. If one individual is naturally inclined to Women, then of course it is un-natural for them to be inclined to Men and vice versa. Clearly both sides of the party are being biased here, and rightly so.

Of course sexual intercourse between the opposite sex is the ideal for procreation, yet nature too has its way of dealing with over-population. Hypothetically if we were all 'straight', the exponential growth of our population would be so great I could not imagine how our specie would survive with dwindling resources such as water and food. Moreover, just because someone is a homosexual does not mean they are sterile. You do not have to be a heterosexual per say to procreate e.g. A lesbian and a Gay can have a child if they wanted to?

The bolded is at best a specious hypothesis, not a fact. Quite a snae argument but not necessarily right.

Secondly, I don't think humans are over-populated yet. And homosexuality has existed amongst humans for hundreds of years. I don't think the world was "over-populated" during the time of Oscar Wilde.

Thirdly, if the hypothesis was true, then we should see a lot of gay animals in a population of any over-populated animals (e.g. badgers, foxes in the UK).

Original post by codyluv14

Which leads me to my next point. Our human sexuality is far to complicated to be as simple as the terms homo/hetero/pan/bi sexuality make it out to be. I believe we do not choose our sexual inclination but rather our sexual partners; a choice shaped by a number of factors whether it is our own personal moral belief's, Religion or our culture.

Rubbish fabrication, delusion and wishful thinking.

Be open-minded and stop formulating theories to dig your heels in your dogmatic position without evaluating your arguments. Most people that scream they are open-minded because of their so-called liberal views are the most closed-minded.
And what makes you conclude I have a religion or my argument is based on a religious belief?

Rubbish!

Homosexuality is different from homosexual behaviour. I am yet to see ANY report of an homosexual animal.

There are several attempts to use therapy to cure paedophilia in the West by the government. While all attepmts at such for homosexuality is suppressed.

A 'cure'?

I'm not exactly sure it's a disease, much like Cancer or something. It's a whole group of factors ranging from testosterone levels to childhood etc. To say 'cure' would be going down the route of A Clockwork Orange or something...
Reply 184
WHAT?

My God!

FFS, go and pick your books and understand the meaning of the word "natural".

You really are not at an intellectual level for me to engage in a debate with you.

Do you really think I don't know what the word 'Natural' means;

Natural: "Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind" https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=defination+of+natural&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.yahoo:en-GB:redface:fficial&client=firefox

If you can make quotes like...
Original post by kenni12

There are alot of things that humans do that are unnatural e.g. using condoms to prevent STIs and unwanted pregnacies, wearing clothes, eating cooked food, using a keyboard and an internet forum to communicate to random people from different parts of the world, etc.

..in bold letters and ask me to read up what 'Natural' means then you are either trying to act dumb or.... I'm really not at your intellectual level according to you.

Look mate, how about you take your time to watch these videos
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jrh8VVwMI4
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQSx3OCrXQ
Or sites like
-http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/gay-men-having-sex-women
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex-gay_movement
or do more unbiased reasearch from diffferent sites, the internet is full of information.

Don't bother telling me that it doesn't change your mind towards homosexuality, because it won't suprise me if you do. My main aim was to make people like you to understand and accept why homosexuality shouldn't be a big deal, but since you don't seem to understand after all these posts, I don't know how else I can make you understand.
Reply 185
:rolleyes: .... Any other ideas from anyone else?
(edited 12 years ago)
To be frank, they are not declaring their sexuality. There is no way they can feel normal without having to declare it. There are societal expectations at stages of life that would lead to its revelation or awkardness if not declared. That is the right they are fighting for. I can understand that bit but that does not mean I agree with the logic of the arguments to legalise it.

mchewww.
I really couldn't care about societal expectations. Homosexuality shouldn't even be an issue. Humans have sex for reasons other than procreation.
Reply 187
Original post by tomatoslayer
mchewww.
I really couldn't care about societal expectations. Homosexuality shouldn't even be an issue. Humans have sex for reasons other than procreation.

I'm glad some nigerians see sense, unlike some people
I am receiving PMs from TSR that my objections to homosexuality and saying homosexuality is unnatural is "offensive". I have also been awarded 7 warning points and my posts saying homosexuality is unnatural deleted.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So the only acceptable mantra is to praise homosexuality.

Perfect example of suppression of opposing views in the UK I stated earlier. :rolleyes:

I can guarantee you that if I said Xtianity is rubbish and the bible is full of worthless stories, I would not get a warning or have my posts deleted. :biggrin:

I bet it I said Islam teaches violence and mulslims are violent, I would not get a warning or have my posts deleted.

As I said in an earlier post (which might have been deleted), the argument for homosexuality is all about suppression of opposing views, forcing of views of an elitist minority on the majority, dragooning and calumny.

Well thank God that would never happen in Nigeria.:wink: We will have open debates and the argument will never change our views.

It was funny someone was condemning what a pastor in Uganda said as outrageous when the other camp for homosexuality in the UK does worse.:rolleyes: I actually found it offensive the person did not spot the worse lies and suppression of the other side but felt it was a point of outrageous ridicule to publicly mock the funny opinion of the pastor.
Original post by kenni12
I'm glad some nigerians see sense, unlike some people

A lot of Nigerians see sense.

That is why we are trying to introduce a bill to ban public homosexual acts. Keep it private in the bed room.
(edited 12 years ago)
All should see post #9 on this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1951137

I guess TSR "moderators" do not see the attached stuff about Muslims "offensive". :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I said it.

The only reason for giving me points was to attempt to suppress my opinion. That is the nature of the homosexual debate in the UK. Dragooning and calumny! So don't turnaround and condemn the reverse in Africa.

The arguments for legalising homosexuality is s*** weak and nonsense. That is why they proponents are using stealth approaches to gradually make it mainstream. Very few people in the 60s knew that when they were being fooled to legalise homosexuality and were told it was all about "just tolerance", the proponents would soon start asking for adoption right. If they were intelligent enough to know, they would go haywire, hence the proponents fooled them.

In the 90s, the proponents fooled the gullible British people that it is just "Civil Partnership" not marriage (even though it walked and talked like a duck). Now they are shoving Gay Marriage down their throat and pressuring churches to perform the ceremony in a church.

All insidious and stealthly because the arguments are weak.

Thank God, those of us in Nigeria have a faulty prototype to point to,, so that approach would not work.

More importantly, Nigerian Culture is exploding and the people are beginning to snub foreign culture and taking more pride in their own style.
Pressuring churches to perform the ceremony in a church.

No, they are giving the churches the option to. Current law prevents even civil partnerships from taking place in a religious location when many denominations do want to have the right to hold a full same sex marriage. The current law is forcing churches not to do something they want to, the change in law would remove this lack of religious freedom.
Clearly Nigeria is a backward place rife with homophobia. There can be no respect for African 'culture' that oppresses a natural state of being
Original post by heyhey922
No, they are giving the churches the option to. Current law prevents even civil partnerships from taking place in a religious location when many denominations do want to have the right to hold a full same sex marriage. The current law is forcing churches not to do something they want to, the change in law would remove this lack of religious freedom.

No. The intent is to force churches to not be able to refuse under the pretence of equality and human rights.

It is the gullibility of not being able to spot the ultimate intent that the proponents feed on. That is why I never respect the outcome.

The approach of homosexaulity proponents is: "Fool them to accept a little bit, let them get used to it, then ask for more".

Original post by Azarimanka
Clearly Nigeria is a backward place rife with homophobia. There can be no respect for African 'culture' that oppresses a natural state of being

No, Nigeria is a sane place that refuse to drop its moral standards in the name of so-called "progress".

The African culture is only interesed in criminalising unnatural states. And that is what it does.
No. The intent is to force churches to not be able to refuse under the pretence of equality and human rights.

It is the gullibility of not being able to spot the ultimate intent that the proponents feed on. That is why I never respect the outcome.

The approach of homosexaulity proponents is: "Fool them to accept a little bit, let them get used to it, then ask for more".

No, Nigeria is a sane place that refuse to drop its moral standards in the name of so-called "progress".

The African culture is only interesed in criminalising unnatural states. And that is what it does.

If only the British were still in charge. Africa would be a much much better place.
Original post by tomatoslayer
mchewww.

:yep:
Reply 196
If only the British were still in charge. Africa would be a much much better place.

Although I find it hard to not see that as true, do we necessarily need the british, I'm sure some honest, kind and smart nigerians who really want to change the country and the peoples attitudes, I've always had fantasies of Nigeria being amongst the first world nations, it's just that the responsibility of change is given to the wrong people and when given to the right people, there's always risk of death
Original post by kenni12
Although I find it hard to not see that as true, do we necessarily need the british, I'm sure some honest, kind and smart nigerians who really want to change the country and the peoples attitudes, I've always had fantasies of Nigeria being amongst the first world nations, it's just that the responsibility of change is given to the wrong people and when given to the right people, there's always risk of death

Nigeria can never be among first world nations until it rids itself of backward views like its immense homophobia

As long as they do not intrude in our morality?
Nigeria can never be among first world nations until it rids itself of backward views like its immense homophobia

What a moronic opinion. :biggrin:

So accpeting homosexuality is the metric or key to economic growth?:biggrin:

Wow! Now I know why UAE is a jungle.

Now I know UK did not develop or was not a first world nation until it decriminalised homosexuality.

The s*** ignorants say. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending