The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Biology JUNE 2012 Pre-release article

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Does any one think they may ask about the specific immune system as it mentions how cortisol suppresses it.. if so to what depth? :s
Reply 381
Can anyone tell me why changes in DNA methylation patterns can be 'especially problematic in individuals with genetic susceptibilities to specific diseases'? (P46)
Original post by rjtweddle
Does any one think they may ask about the specific immune system as it mentions how cortisol suppresses it.. if so to what depth? :s

probably will mention it, as a nice big mark Q. I can see speciation come up, cos it did in jan 11 and they did crap.
Reply 383
hii guys can someone explain to me how the uncoupling protein disrupts respiration process ie electron transport chain ?
Original post by .snowflake.
probably will mention it, as a nice big mark Q. I can see speciation come up, cos it did in jan 11 and they did crap.

Hey did you get my inbox?
Original post by This Honest
Hey did you get my inbox?

yup. the majority of the Q's I have have already been posted/ similar things have been posted.
Reply 386
probably. the guy that wrote it is from the maldives.

I've a few questions I'm stuck on.

Suggest the mechanism by which UCP -1 is only found in BAT (consider gene expression here).

Why might young girls be more at risk from TV women’s’ images than models?( While most concern has surrounded thin fashion models, greater risk may lie in the more everyday ambient images of ‘permarexic’ visibly unhealthily thin children’s television presenters, actresses and innocuous newsreaders who form the backdrop to the visual lives of girls and women.)

He is not from Maldives...He is a foreign teacher....
yup. the majority of the Q's I have have already been posted/ similar things have been posted.

Cool thanks again :smile:
Reply 388
guys what are the ethicals issue related to stem cells?

also can someone explained to me the contrast effect on paragraph 25?

Original post by cisne
He is not from Maldives...He is a foreign teacher....

Original post by This Honest
x

Can any of you help me out?
Original post by arnab
guys what are the ethicals issue related to stem cells?

also can someone explained to me the contrast effect on paragraph 25?

Can any of you help me out?

They are viable and embryonic stem cells have potential to life
They can become cancerous
Certain groups are completely against the use of stem cells

Can't remember what the contrast effect is, I'm still going over unit 5 bio
Reply 390
So is anyone else completely ****ed for this exam? :smile:
Yep meeee, oh God hopefully it wont b as bad as we think , im stressing out so much cus of the stupid article :frown:
What is DNA methylation?
Original post by rudizzy123
What is DNA methylation?

sticking a CH3 (methyl) group to any cytosine molecule that has a guanine molecule before it in the chain.
Reply 394
what are "Epigenetic changes"?
Original post by fiza_1
what are "Epigenetic changes"?

They run the universe, they activate the bodily emotion love. Epigenetic changes are among the most desirable changes in history and the phenomena has plagued scientists for years.
Reply 396
anyone know how to calculate heart rate from an EKG graph?
Reply 397
Can someone plz tell me what is the gender difference of processing body image words in prefrontal cortex influenced by ? genetic or environmenta?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending