The Student Room Group

Is it ever acceptable to hit a woman?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Violence (hitting etc)against men, women, and children is unacceptable in Islamic Law and is considered a sin. A person who chooses to be violent to others will be held responsible and accountable in this life as well as in the Hereafter.

Each woman has the right to live in dignity and respect, free of humiliation and she must be protected from any harm that might befall her or her family. If she is being abused, she has the right to seek help through the services available in her community.

I would say that if one slaps you do good towards that person for God is the Seer and the final judgement is with Him alone not matter what courts think and say
Original post by darkxangel
I think that people should adjust their strength when hitting someone weaker than them and if a bigger woman hit you then fine fair enough hit her back. Actually i wouldn't hit someone weaker than me back unless it was repeated harassment for both females and males.

You can't always tell who's a blackbelt though. And tbh, shouldn't we be telling the weaker person not to be hitting the stronger person in the first place? Just like how I wouldn't go up to a lion and start taunting it.
Reply 82
you adjust your strength.

But it's more acceptable beating up the guy who's 5ft 2 with full force. No one would care or say you're a bad person for doing it.
Reply 83
what if you're transgendered or transvestite?
Original post by Ice Constricter
You can't always tell who's a blackbelt though. And tbh, shouldn't we be telling the weaker person not to be hitting the stronger person in the first place? Just like how I wouldn't go up to a lion and start taunting it.

-i'm 5"3 if i hit a 6"4 person it wouldn't hurt them, most weaker people know that so they do hit stronger people knowing that it isn't going to hurt them-which imo is better than hitting someone who is obviously weaker than you. This obviously doesn't apply when someone is harassing you repeatedly.

Original post by jam277
But it's more acceptable beating up the guy who's 5ft 2 with full force. No one would care or say you're a bad person for doing it.

I would. I don't hit weaker people than myself with full-strength, guys included, and I'm 5"3 and have massive temper-issues.
-i'm 5"3 if i hit a 6"4 person it wouldn't hurt them, most weaker people know that so they do hit stronger people knowing that it isn't going to hurt them-which imo is better than hitting someone who is obviously weaker than you. This obviously doesn't apply when someone is harassing you repeatedly.

I would. I don't hit weaker people than myself with full-strength, guys included, and I'm 5"3 and have massive temper-issues.

That's not the point, if you're weaker than someone why would you attack them knowing full well they can do more damage to you. Just because you're weaker that doesn't excuse you. And you also ignored my blackbelt point. Basically you can't always know who is stronger or weaker than yourself. Also if the weaker individual never attacked in the first place, this would have been avoided entirely.
Reply 86
In this case, you should have either done nothing or reported her.

In general, I think that women sometimes deserve it, just like men sometimes deserve it. Surely the reason for the assumption that "women should not be hit" is actually "women should not be hit by men because a man can do a lot more damage than a woman"? As a woman, I would have no problem retaliating if a woman hit me. I would probably be much more scared if a man hit me. Equally, I doubt I'd have the guts to hit a man.
I think a lot of people confuse themselves with a slap for a slap and the muscular, aggressive, bald-headed husband who beats his wife every day for absolutely no reason.

One is right and one is wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending