The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

University College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by oppenheimer
Nice, um not alone then :smile:, Will you be living on campus?

I am a girl, what about u? I miss the deadline for applying accommodation. but hopefully I will find somewhere near to live
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 181
I applied ATAS , but the uni is UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, instead of UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON, would it be a prob? I wrote the address for UCL under address line
Original post by 526540828
I am a girl, what about u? I miss the deadline for applying accommodation. but hopefully I will find somewhere near to live

I am a guy...I missed the application deadline as well, I will be living at Netherhall house, 21 minutes cycling from UCL...Where are you from? Um from Botswana btw @))
I am Russian which is clearly states on my application to UCL but I have lived in a small town in UK called Oakham (which is 2 hours up north from kings cross station near Leicester) for 7 years now. UCL was my insurance choice so I didn't get any accom in their halls or houses....really gutted!!! For all they know, I am coming from Russia tho and have nowhere to live in london!!

This really sucks tho because I didn't even think about wat wud happen if I don't get accom in UCL seeing as it says guaranteed 1st years!! Now I am a bit stuck, everything in london is way too expensive and all the student living facilities have now been booked up. Seeing as I am Russian, I get no student loan or any of such thing and my parents aren't exactly helpful, they say its my fault for applying london and not doin enough research so they are not paying for a place to rent....

So what I will have to do...literally...is get a train to UCL every day and live at home... it takes just under 2 hours and with one change...what a drag!! =( anyone else living at home? im a bit worried about my social life if i live at home lol
Original post by the_russian
I am Russian which is clearly states on my application to UCL but I have lived in a small town in UK called Oakham (which is 2 hours up north from kings cross station near Leicester) for 7 years now. UCL was my insurance choice so I didn't get any accom in their halls or houses....really gutted!!! For all they know, I am coming from Russia tho and have nowhere to live in london!!

This really sucks tho because I didn't even think about wat wud happen if I don't get accom in UCL seeing as it says guaranteed 1st years!! Now I am a bit stuck, everything in london is way too expensive and all the student living facilities have now been booked up. Seeing as I am Russian, I get no student loan or any of such thing and my parents aren't exactly helpful, they say its my fault for applying london and not doin enough research so they are not paying for a place to rent....

So what I will have to do...literally...is get a train to UCL every day and live at home... it takes just under 2 hours and with one change...what a drag!! =( anyone else living at home? im a bit worried about my social life if i live at home lol

Hey, that really sucks, has your status on your accommodation changed to rejected? Have you tried unite housing, they have so many halls across london, it's average pricing but the tenancy contract is almost a year long . Have you also spoken to the student loans company, they might have some sort of loan for you seeing as you have lived in the country for a number of years?

I'm living at home as well but I've reassured myself that socially I will be ok :tongue:.

Hope everything works out for you :smile:
Original post by the_russian

If you had any friends staying in hall, you may try to stay in their flats, pretty sure the rules aren't that strict.
As i'm from Hong Kong, some of my friends also told me their parents stayed in their halls when helping them to settle down.

I guess u can also send email to each hall to ask if they have any flat vacancy
Original post by clumsybear
Ah ok :frown:, I'm sure there will still be tickets available. Tickets for UCL events go on sale today so you can probably book some of them today :smile:

Hope so :smile:. Just joined the UCL freshers, Schafer House, UCL Pharmacy Freshers groups on FB to get myself up to date on all the events, heard they are holding a fresher ball for all pharm students.
Original post by bellion023
Hope so :smile:. Just joined the UCL freshers, Schafer House, UCL Pharmacy Freshers groups on FB to get myself up to date on all the events, heard they are holding a fresher ball for all pharm students.

I didn't know they had a pharm group I'm gonna join it as well :smile:
Original post by oppenheimer
Nice...see you at UCL then, 'hopefully' :smile:

yeah look forward to it :smile:
The deadline for the international students orientation programme has passed and i wasn't able to register. will I still be able to attend the associated events on the days in question or is it only for pre-registered people?
Reply 190
Anyone else staying in Langton Close? Also, does anyone know if you can find out who your flatmates are before you move in? I have a friend going to Leeds uni who has already contacted and befriended all of his flatmates. Which must be nice :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Xandico
Anyone else staying in Langton Close? Also, does anyone know if you can find out who your flatmates are before you move in? I have a friend going to Leeds uni who has already contacted and befriended all of his flatmates. Which must be nice :smile:

I'm in Langton Close :smile: But unless all your flatmates are nerdy enough to go on TSR or join the Facebook groups, you probably won't be able to get in touch with them...

And as somebody who has already been to Uni, it's not always a good thing to know your flatmates before you move in. It's all part of the Uni experience to meet new people.... and it's nice to make a good first impression, without somebody judging you by your FB profile beforehand :P
Reply 192
Original post by john_kenn
Yes I'm doing Lit. And I don't know anyone in LONDON, so you're better off than me already haha.

Awww, *shakes hand* there, now you sort of know someone. So where are you coming from? :smile:
Original post by Xandico

I've found out who my twin is on facebook! :smile:
Is anyone staying Arthur Tattersall? Or know anything about it?.. Feeling kind of nervous leaving the comfort of my home!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 195
Sweetascandy (I have no idea how to quote on the iPhone app, and I'm too tired to find out), how did you do that? I have a single room, but I'd love to know who I'll be sharing a kitchen/bathroom with.

Reply 196
Oh, I'm sorry, JacquesLuCont. I didn't see your post!
I see. I didn't think TSR was nerdy... But at least I know there's a fellow apparent nerd near by :tongue:. I didn't want to judge them by facebook, by the way. More talk to them to get to know them a bit before we're all thrust into the same living space.

Original post by Xandico
Sweetascandy (I have no idea how to quote on the iPhone app, and I'm too tired to find out), how did you do that? I have a single room, but I'd love to know who I'll be sharing a kitchen/bathroom with.

Go to the accommodation applications page on the UCL website, log in and click on the induction tab. Your building name and room number will be at the bottom of the page. If it's like 201, then that usually means floor 2. Then join the facebook group and find people on the same floor. I found my twin because she had the same code as me! Hope that helps! :smile:
Original post by rmenon
hi,
I've just enrolled for the freshers and gotten my accommodation letter. Its International Hall. "Try and stay somewhere else" was one of the kinder reviews going round about this place. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

how did you enroll for freshers?
Reply 199
Original post by bubblle
I'll be starting Chemistry in September... second attempt at uni after an ill-fated year at Oxford last year. Looking forward to getting back to it all so much though =D

Yay a fellow chemist!!!! I've been looking for people who are studying chemistry :smile:
Excited for the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending