The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DebatingGreg
Alright, to start off your views on Afghanistan and foreign intervention in general.

Secondly, what would be your position on bailing out another Eurozone country i.e. criteria for bailout etc.?

My polictical views is that we should remain in Afghanistan until which time the army there is ready to take over from our own army and foreign intervention in general well i think we shouldnt allow our brave army personal to go out to any wars without the proper army kit thats fit for purposes as well as the support that they need or require.In any wars you are bound to suffer heavy losses on both sides,which is regretable.I would have prefered that the countries concerned would take their grievness to the mediation table first and talk over their problems,instead of resulting to violence and having so many die.
Also we shouldnt just charge into anything before we have the required miltary intel or information.

In order to help bailout any other Eurozone country,There should be certain terms and conditions applied to the country that needs to be bailed out one which the EuroZone country approves and agrees to and any terms or conditions would also have to be agreed with the EU and the International Monetary Fund.

It is a huge amount of money involved in helping any countries who are in debt etc and this decision shouldnt be taken likely.There is to be a full discussion made with the relevant people in the EU to discuss this.
(edited 12 years ago)
What happened to the centre party? I rather like the sensation of sitting on the fence.
Original post by Llamageddon
What happened to the centre party? I rather like the sensation of sitting on the fence.

They were removed for inactivity (no internal forum posts for an entire month).
Reply 323
was a bit dissapointed at the lib-dems manifesto. i expected more detailed policies and so on. for example in the manifesto, they say they'll open up the system so that any child can go to university of private schools? does that imply that students and children will pay no tuition and school fees? i.e free education? :s if yes, how in the world are they going to be able to fund that?
i would also like to know what they plan on doing about the high levels of youth and graduate unemployment rates. if theyre proposing free education, that increases the number of people going to school and would eventually add to the growing rate of unemployment. so if anything, that policiy will cause more problems.

on a more positive note, i think scrapping trident is a good idea! it really should have been done a few years ago. there are much cheaper alternatives
Original post by xXedixXx
They were removed for inactivity (no internal forum posts for an entire month).
Alas.
This has brilliant idea written all over it! Well done whoever organised this.
Original post by The Phelps

Eh?
Original post by The Phelps
Er, TSR's mock House of Commons has been running elections since 2005. Make sure you vote TSR Lib Dem.
Original post by Ham and Cheese
Politically naive, but it cracked me up!
Original post by JPKC
Well philosophically I strongly believe in egalitarian liberalism, a capitalist system without the entrenched class system - success is achievable for everyone, and it's no easier for one person to achieve it than it is for the other, purely based on the family they were born into etc. Basically a complete meritocracy. I'd also quite like flying cars and floating houses.

Yeah, the equality of oppourtunity with the freedom to go far if you wish to afterwards is the one thing which I'd value quite highly in an ideal society too (alongside them floating houses :biggrin:)
Fantastic turnout this early on - it could prove to be a record-breaker, hopefully.
Reply 331
Original post by Birchington
Er, TSR's mock House of Commons has been running elections since 2005. Make sure you vote TSR Lib Dem.

Why should he vote for your party? What places YOUR party above ours', or one of the others?
Reply 332
Original post by mevidek
Why should he vote for your party? What places YOUR party above ours', or one of the others?

Because its Leader is the most Prime Ministerial out of the 3 main Parties (Labour, Conservatives and Lib Dem).
Original post by Morgsie
Because its Leader is the most Prime Ministerial out of the 3 main Parties (Labour, Conservatives and Lib Dem).

Says the leader. :rolleyes:
Reply 334
Original post by Morgsie

No, you're just active and dedicated. It doesn't make you any better of a leader than David.
Reply 335
Original post by mevidek
No, you're just active and dedicated. It doesn't make you any better of a leader than David.

True but I have a unique style of Leadership.
Original post by Morgsie

That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good style of leadership.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 337
Original post by Morgsie

Which is? You're not really selling yourself out; you're just bigging yourself up and could be misunderstood as coming across quite arrogantly.

And that still doesn't make you better than David.
Reply 338
Original post by Ham and Cheese
Who introduced tuition fees? Labour

That doesn't mean that we, the TSR Labour Party, are actually supportive of tuition fees.
Reply 339
This Barnetlad fella is NO where to be seen, how can we Elect someone who will do a runner and not debate

His plans are unrealistic for example Votes at 16, there is no age limit on TSR.

The Europe Constitution, I disagree, the EU has several Treaties that make up the Constitution
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending